Super Bowl Movie Trailers

Mark Vader

Here is what we can expect to see before & during the big game.

Before: Battle: Los Angeles (Sony)

The Eagle (Focus)

Just Go With It (Sony)

Kung Fu Panda 2 (Paramount)

Priest (Sony)

During: Captain America: The First Avenger (Paramount)

Cowboys & Aliens (Universal)

Limitless (Relativity)

Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (Disney)

Rango (Paramount)

Super 8 (Paramount)

Thor (Paramount)

Transformers: Dark of the Moon (Paramount)

I know many of you get tired of the Super Bowl commercials, but you have to admit that these trailers will be exciting to see.

The Eagle (Focus)

Just Go With It (Sony)

Priest (Sony)

Limitless (Relativity)

Rango (Paramount)

Super 8 (Paramount)

Thor (Paramount)

I know many of you get tired of the Super Bowl commercials, but you have to admit that these trailers will be exciting to see.

Thanks for the heads up!! I never get tired of Super Bowl commercials. There are always interesting.

They are a savior when the game turns into a blow out.

Captain America...hum..a nice reference to Roger Staubach?

The Eagle (Focus)

Just Go With It (Sony)

Priest (Sony)

Limitless (Relativity)

Rango (Paramount)

Super 8 (Paramount)

Thor (Paramount)

Captain America looked pretty damn cool. I'm still wondering how Pirates is gonna turn out. Comboys and Aliens looks extremely corny as does Thor, and Transformers, well it's Michael Bay so I think we all know how that's gonna end...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AR23f08yBA

Edited by Wooderson

The trailer that caught my attention most was the one for Super 8. When I saw it was JJ Abrams and S. Spielberg involved, I figured it was likely to be pretty good. HOpe it pans out that way

One of my sons seemed to take interest in the Captain America and Transformer one

Not me. I am not a special effects kind of guy. I like strange movies with strange dialogue, strange characters and strange plots- "Slingblade", "Precious", "Paris Texas", "The Apostle", "Anita the Swedish Nymphette"

I'm surprised there was nothing for the Green Lantern.

Yes, Warner Bros. decided to pass on this year's Super Bowl.

Too bad, they are really excited about Green Lantern, and they really missed out on a big opportunity to promote "Sucker Punch", which is due out at the end of March.

Yes, Warner Bros. decided to pass on this year's Super Bowl.

Too bad, they are really excited about Green Lantern, and they really missed out on a big opportunity to promote "Sucker Punch", which is due out at the end of March.

Am I the only one who's not a fan of Snyder? Sucker Punch looks like a seizure waiting to happen ...

Am I the only one who's not a fan of Snyder? Sucker Punch looks like a seizure waiting to happen ...

Idk, Snyder's movies are mostly entertaining. Not great by any stretch but I enjoy watching them. Look at what he's got in the works allegedly...http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0811583/

Superman: Man of Steel (hopefully better than the last one that was made) and Xerxes, which I'm guessing is someway connected to 300.

Idk, Snyder's movies are mostly entertaining. Not great by any stretch but I enjoy watching them. Look at what he's got in the works allegedly...http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0811583/

Superman: Man of Steel (hopefully better than the last one that was made) and Xerxes, which I'm guessing is someway connected to 300.

Superman is what makes me nervous ... The casting alone is a head scratched. But again, that's me . I know a lot of people dig his stuff, I just can't figure it out.

Superman is what makes me nervous ... The casting alone is a head scratched. But again, that's me . I know a lot of people dig his stuff, I just can't figure it out.

I thought for sure Brandon Routh would pick up where C.Reeve left off, and that he'd be the man of steel for years to come. That whole thing was just a train wreck. I don't know what they were thinking when they spent six BEEEEELION dollars on the making of that film.

I don't know a thing about the new guy, Henry Cavill, but I'm certain I'll at least give the guy a chance. I think they need to take a page out of the Christopher Nolan handbook, though, and give this whole franchise a completley fresh look with villains we haven't seen before. Batman Begins was a brilliant reboot, IMO.

I thought for sure Brandon Routh would pick up where C.Reeve left off, and that he'd be the man of steel for years to come. That whole thing was just a train wreck. I don't know what they were thinking when they spent six BEEEEELION dollars on the making of that film.

I don't know a thing about the new guy, Henry Cavill, but I'm certain I'll at least give the guy a chance. I think they need to take a page out of the Christopher Nolan handbook, though, and give this whole franchise a completley fresh look with villains we haven't seen before. Batman Begins was a brilliant reboot, IMO.

The problem there is that the truly iconic villain of each series needs to show up eventually. So are you suggesting they bring in someone else and then go with Luthor for the second one? The proble with Superman always ends up being that there is really no even match, unless they start bringing some random alien to the table.

It doesn't match completely with your suggestion, but I think a decent option might be to start out with General Zod. Yeah, it's been done before, but I don't think most will think of him right away.

Edited by shrader

The problem there is that the truly iconic villain of each series needs to show up eventually. So are you suggesting they bring in someone else and then go with Luthor for the second one? The proble with Superman always ends up being that there is really no even match, unless they start bringing some random alien to the table.

It doesn't match completely with your suggestion, but I think a decent option might be to start out with General Zod. Yeah, it's been done before, but I don't think most will think of him right away.

I don't mind lex luthor being in the film, but it just seems like the story arc is almost the same every time. I'm just hoping not to see the same thing again, except with new actors. Lex Luthor kidnaps girl...Lex Luthor obtains super awesome missle thing to blow up the world...Superman finds way to save the day...blah blah blah. Given the extensive history of the franchise, there has got to be a fresher take available. As much as I thought Brandon Routh did a good job, I was bored through most of the most recent Superman film.

I'll take this one step further.

The problem with Superman (from a writing/storytelling point of view) is that he's perfect. He doesn't have any flaws. What made the Donner films work (at least the first one) and what made Smallville work for 10 seasons, is latching onto the fish out of water element of it.

But as a whole, Superman is a boring and dull character.

Like Cloverfield? ;)

I'm curious to see what new twist "Battle: Los Angeles" brings to the alien invasion genre.

Cloverfield is in my top ten of all time most intense experiences in my home theater. I thought that movie was awesome :thumbsup: