I am glad Mark Wattles didn't rescue Circuit City....

The Poojer

Let's see, since they opened Carousel, there's been The Wiz, Lechmere, Circuit City Express, Circuit City, Comp USA, and now Ultimate Electronics. Radio Shack is closing their store at Carousel also, though not going out of business.

what they do in the beginning is raise the price to MSRP, then put the discount on that to make it seem as if you are getting a deal...no one in Consumer Electronics sells at MSRP...but people see 'SALE' and act like lemmings....the only deals you will get is late in the liquidation process, but by then, the good stuff will be gone....but if there is something there, then you start negotiating and offering what you want to pay....

Went to check out the prices today. Not very good as expected. Using my android phone with a barcode scanner app and the Best Buy app, I found several items that were cheaper elsewhere.

what they do in the beginning is raise the price to MSRP, then put the discount on that to make it seem as if you are getting a deal...no one in Consumer Electronics sells at MSRP...but people see 'SALE' and act like lemmings....the only deals you will get is late in the liquidation process, but by then, the good stuff will be gone....but if there is something there, then you start negotiating and offering what you want to pay....

Yea, I'm familar with that. I did go looking specifically for a Sirius radio, my Sportster 4 finally died this week. They had no Sirius in stock and only one XM unit. The one I'm looking at getting, I can get through Sirius for $60 with a 3-month subscription. Normal brick/mortar store retail price is $129 no matter where I looked. I figured if they had one, I'd offer $80 since I wouldn't have to wait for it to be shipped.