Just How Good are We

BuckeyeBill

Sure, we've been beating up on teams that aren't that solid. Browns, Seahawks, and Rams have been overrated all year. I wouldn't be surprised if we take it to Cincinnai and win again, by a margain that's not close. Then crush SF (with ease).

But how good are we? We might find out this year, at home, on January 2nd.

Here's the ideal situation (in my opinion)

Bills win out, as does New England, Pittsburgh, and two of the three Ravens/Broncos/Jets trifecta stumbling. It would be ideal if the Bills have a game against Pittsburgh with the playoffs at stake.

Not only that, but have Pittsburgh be in a position that they WANT to beat us, so they can have homefield in the playoffs (an edge over New England). Pittsburgh would be up for the game, we would be up for the game (of course) and pressure would be on us. A good team who wants to win, versus us for the playoffs.

That's a game I want to see, I could get excited about. Because I think that we could be Pittsburgh at home, and amaze the entire NFL.

What do you think?

There was talk on the Steelers board about how they would love to beat Baltimore in week 16 (get revenge for their only loss), wrap up home field (assuming NE loses their next 2) and then be able to use 2nd and 3rd stringers at Buffalo in week 17 (thereby handing the arch rival Ravens a death blow since they would need Pitt to beat Buffalo). Not too complicated right?!? Basically the Steelers want to do everything in their power to knock Baltimore out of playoff contention, and if that means losing to Buffalo, so be it!

Sure, we've been beating up on teams that aren't that solid.  Browns, Seahawks, and Rams have been overrated all year.  I wouldn't be surprised if we take it to Cincinnai and win again, by a margain that's not close.  Then crush SF (with ease).

But how good are we?  We might find out this year, at home, on January 2nd.

Bills win out, as does New England, Pittsburgh, and two of the three Ravens/Broncos/Jets trifecta stumbling.  It would be ideal if the Bills have a game against Pittsburgh with the playoffs at stake.

Not only that, but have Pittsburgh be in a position that they WANT to beat us, so they can have homefield in the playoffs (an edge over New England).  Pittsburgh would be up for the game, we would be up for the game (of course) and pressure would be on us.  A good team who wants to win, versus us for the playoffs.

That's a game I want to see, I could get excited about.  Because I think that we could be Pittsburgh at home, and amaze the entire NFL.

What do you think?

158559[/snapback]

I keep saying this and saying this.........I hope it happens this way.

And WE WILL beat them at home, simply because we match up well to what they do. THey will not run on us. And Big Ben will meet his match against our weather.

17-13 Buffalo. There's no doubt in my mind. I'm more worried about Cincy. Much more worried!

There was talk on the Steelers board about how they would love to beat Baltimore in week 16 (get revenge for their only loss), wrap up home field (assuming NE loses their next 2) and then be able to use 2nd and 3rd stringers at Buffalo in week 17 (thereby handing the arch rival Ravens a death blow since they would need Pitt to beat Buffalo).  Not too complicated right?!?  Basically the Steelers want to do everything in their power to knock Baltimore out of playoff contention, and if that means losing to Buffalo, so be it!

158567[/snapback]

Pittsburgh is not going to throw a game simply to keep the Ravens from making the playoffs.

And as far as finding out how good we are...let's win at Cincy before we start hoping for how uncontrollable factors will play out.

Pittsburgh is not going to throw a game simply to keep the Ravens from making the playoffs.

And as far as finding out how good we are...let's win at Cincy before we start hoping for how uncontrollable factors will play out.

158571[/snapback]

So, what your(aw) saying is don't prod the friggin bear?

158571[/snapback]

I didn't mean they would throw the game. Not a good job of articulating on my part! I just meant their fans are hoping that everything plays out so they can use some backups and if they lose (and cause the Ravens to miss the playoffs---so be it?).

I agree though, beating Cinci and SF is not a foregone conclusion. Cinci moved the ball with ease against a team that destroyed us a few short weeks ago.

So, what your(aw) saying is don't prod the friggin bear?

158576[/snapback]

No, actually. Planning for future games isn't really bear prodding, to me. Bear prodding is more like if one of us starts spouting off how our D was awesome yesterday while the Patriots' D gave up over 400 yards vs. the Bengals, and how the Bengals suck and we're gonna kick their ass because we're better than them and the Patriots despite the fact that the Pats beat us twice this year and Cincy came very close to beating us last year.

That's bear prodding. Planning for future scenarios is just...well...to me it's asking for a letdown.

Don Criqui doesn't think that Pitt. or ANYONE could come into Buffalo right now and win regardless of the situation. Now sure that is Don Criqui so take it with a grain of salt, but I think the way this team is playing, it'd be hard to come into BUffalo and win at this point.

No, actually. Planning for future games isn't really bear prodding, to me. Bear prodding is more like if one of us starts spouting off how our D was awesome yesterday while the Patriots' D gave up over 400 yards vs. the Bengals, and how the Bengals suck and we're gonna kick their ass because we're better than them and the Patriots despite the fact that the Pats beat us twice this year and Cincy came very close to beating us last year.

That's bear prodding. Planning for future scenarios is just...well...to me it's asking for a letdown.

158591[/snapback]

OK, so what your really saying is plan for today and let tomorrow take care of itself. Right?

Sure, we've been beating up on teams that aren't that solid.  Browns, Seahawks, and Rams have been overrated all year.  I wouldn't be surprised if we take it to Cincinnai and win again, by a margain that's not close.  Then crush SF (with ease).

But how good are we?  We might find out this year, at home, on January 2nd.

Bills win out, as does New England, Pittsburgh, and two of the three Ravens/Broncos/Jets trifecta stumbling.  It would be ideal if the Bills have a game against Pittsburgh with the playoffs at stake.

Not only that, but have Pittsburgh be in a position that they WANT to beat us, so they can have homefield in the playoffs (an edge over New England).  Pittsburgh would be up for the game, we would be up for the game (of course) and pressure would be on us.  A good team who wants to win, versus us for the playoffs.

That's a game I want to see, I could get excited about.  Because I think that we could be Pittsburgh at home, and amaze the entire NFL.

What do you think?

158559[/snapback]

The offense is struggling again. Most notably the passing and catching part of it. It's been reported by 3 independent sources that Moulds dropped 2 sure TD's yesterday. The weather played a part in this but it is not the major reason.

Defense was spectacular against a very horribly young team decimated by injuries. We were supposed to do this. It should've been a shutout if it were not for a certain DB muffing a punt. ;)

We can't keep playing like we have the last two games in the first half against Cincy or they will eat us alive!!! They've shown to put games away with a lead.

Are we for real? Certainly. Here's why...

Does anybody doubt if Pitt is "for real?" Of course not. Yet, they have a rookie qb, and imo, that alone makes him vulnerable. Yes, he has looked very good, but I would like to see how he feels after Big Sam rolls over him, and Scobel hits him at full speed. Or how about Milloy or Vincent kicking his ass on a blitz?

The "Bus" is tough no doubt, but so are our DTs, and penetrating lbs.

In summary, our defense matches up well against their offense.

On the other side of the ball, it is a different story. It will be up to our OL, which gets better each week. Are Moulds and Evans afraid of the Pitt corners? I highly doubt it. If our OL can afford Drew ample time (an yes, he does need a lot) and open some holes for Willis, then the Bills can and will beat the steelers at home.

Imo, NE is the dominant team in the NFL, but let's wait and see how they hold up.

Are we for real? Certainly. Here's why...

Does anybody doubt if Pitt is "for real?" Of course not. Yet, they have a rookie qb, and imo, that alone makes him vulnerable. Yes, he has looked very good, but I would like to see how he feels after Big Sam rolls over him, and Scobel hits him at full speed. Or how about Milloy or Vincent kicking his ass on a blitz?

The "Bus" is tough no doubt, but so are our DTs, and penetrating lbs.

In summary, our defense matches up well against their offense.

On the other side of the ball, it is a different story. It will be up to our OL, which gets better each week. Are Moulds and Evans afraid of the Pitt corners? I highly doubt it. If our OL can afford Drew ample time (an yes, he does need a lot) and open some holes for Willis, then the Bills can and will beat the steelers at home.

Imo, NE is the dominant team in the NFL, but let's wait and see how they hold up.

158673[/snapback]

The bus has been running more on the outside rather than between the tackles..That is where he has had his success lately. Our run defense on

the outside has been pretty average as Shoebel has been repeatedly beaten.

I think Cinci will do exactly that....try to run it to the outside with Rudi.

BTW, Troy Polamalu has been playing outstanding in Pitts defensive backfield

and is probably the best Safety playing today (probbably better than Ed Reed).

The guy is a monster...I get to see the Pit games on TV and he is for real.

The offense is struggling again.  Most notably the passing and catching part of it.    It's been reported by 3 independent sources that Moulds dropped 2 sure TD's yesterday.  The weather played a part in this but it is not the major reason. 

Defense was spectacular against a very horribly young team decimated by injuries.  We were supposed to do this.  It should've been a shutout if it were not for a certain DB muffing a punt.    ;)

We can't keep playing like we have the last two games in the first half against Cincy or they will eat us alive!!!  They've shown to put games away with a lead.

158647[/snapback]

Not really. They had the Browns down by 2 TDs twice in the second half of their game 3 weeks ago and ended up trailing in the fourth quarter. Only Kelly Holcomb's ridiculous throw finished the Browns.

The bus has been running more on the outside rather than between the tackles..That is where he has had his success lately.  Our run defense on

the outside has been pretty average as Shoebel has been repeatedly beaten.

I think Cinci will do exactly that....try to run it to the outside with Rudi.

BTW, Troy Polamalu has been playing outstanding in Pitts defensive backfield

and is probably the best Safety playing today (probbably better than Ed Reed).

The guy is a monster...I get to see the Pit games on TV and he is for real.

158690[/snapback]

Thanks for the info about the safety. I didn't know that.

As far as Bettis running to the outside on Schobel, I would like to see him try. AS is not the best DE in the league, but he is certainly one of the fastest, and he has Fletcher, Spikes and Milloy to help him out.

Hey, maybe I have my rose colored glasses on, but I think that the Bills, if healthy, will beat the steelers. Right now, my concern is cincy on the road.

The way I see it if we beat Cincy, and than we beat the niners, Bring Pitt into Buffalo with Pitt playing all their starters, with having to win to maintain homefield advantage, and us Playing for a playoff spot @ home in the last regular season game of the year. Full Strength vs Full Strength. Win and we're in. Thats the only way I would want it. I don't want no hand me outs for this team. Forget this "lets hope the steelers rest there starters stevestojan" The way I see it. If we can't hang with the best in the league we don't deserve to go to the playoffs. I believe we can beat the steelers @ home playing starters against starters playing for a spot in the postseason, and I wouldn't have it any other way.