Best 3-4 Defensive Ends

Rockinon

Using Fairley as 3-4 DE, at least as a 2 gap DE, would be as big of a waste as when Oakland put Warren Sapp at DE.

Can he hold his ground? Maybe, even probably.

But he's at his best when he's in the backfield, shooting through a gap. Its what he does.

Silly to squander talent on a stupid scheme. That said, I'm not sure about his work ethic, as most do.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using Fairley as 3-4 DE, at least as a 2 gap DE, would be as big of a waste as when Oakland put Warren Sapp at DE.

Can he hold his ground? Maybe, even probably.

But he's at his best when he's in the backfield, shooting through a gap. Its what he does.

Silly to squander talent on a stupid scheme. That said, I'm not sure about his work ethic, as most do.

I've argued the same, and been told I'm obviously confused. Maybe we can review tape together, as it's silly to say fairley is best at 43 under tackle

The bust tag was labeled due to a lack of sacks, not so much production. He started 6 games as a true freshman earning freshman all american and started his entire sophomore season, however missed time in 5 games due to a knee injury (further hurting his sack #s). Obviously those sack #s exploded his junior year. I'm starting to lean his way as he can be productive as either a DE in a 3-4 and as a strong side pass rushing DE in nickel or 4-3 situations. I question his ability to play OLB in a 3-4.

I just want to be clear the recruiting bust label was not because of lack if production it was because of a lack of effort.

I'm surprised you haven't read it before its in almost every assessment.

Story goes he was lazy and took his god given gifts for granted, his father died, he hit the gym and got serious.

It's all over the place. Its a pretty convenient story so it seems suspect but I don't outright dismiss it.

"A knee injury hampered him as a sophomore, but his poor work ethic didn't help. He cut corners in the weight room and on the field, and it was time for that to stop."

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2011/01/28/motivated-by-tragedy-daquan-bowers-pushes-for-no-1-pick-in-nf/

Edited by Why So Serious?