DRAFT WATCH

tombstone56

IMO would be much more easily accomplished if we were slotted 6-9 rather than 3.

I concur, once Peterson and AJ Green go off the board, then teams may want to trade up to get Prince and Julio Jones as the drop after the top 2 at that position seems greater than the drop off between the top two.

Why wouldn't they just stand pat and take the arguably better Julio Jones?

My reading is that while they are similar players that AJ Green has much better hands- most sites I've seen have Green 1-5 where Jones is rated 10- all the why into the 2nd round- the only football site I've seen make the case for Jones over Green was the Bleacher Report.

My reading is that while they are similar players that AJ Green has much better hands- most sites I've seen have Green 1-5 where Jones is rated 10- all the why into the 2nd round- the only football site I've seen make the case for Jones over Green was the Bleacher Report.

You might want to read some more sites, the easily accessible, CNN of sports, ESPN has Julio Jones as the Top 13 overall prospect.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

The real reports on the two are actually much closer than you're aware and here is a quote from the easily accessible Rotoword:

"Jones has been projected from day one as a first round talent so this is a good move for the talented field stretcher."

No one has Julio Jones lasting past 20 let alone 2nd round and very likely that Cleveland takes him after AJ Green goes off the board to Cinci.

Edited by Why So Serious?

You might want to read some more sites, the easily accessible, CNN of sports, ESPN has Julio Jones as the Top 13 overall prospect.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

The real reports on the two are actually much closer than you're aware and here is a quote from the easily accessible Rotoword:

No one has Julio Jones lasting past 20 let alone 2nd round and very likely that Cleveland takes him after AJ Green goes off the board to Cinci.

Top 100 Prospects

For the 2011 NFL Draft

Updated: 23 January 2011

DT Nick Fairley, 6' 4" 300 lbs. Auburn (JR)

DE Da'Quan Bowers 6-4 281 lbs. Clemson (JR)

DE Marcell Dareus 6' 3" 306 lbs. Alabama (JR)

CB Patrick Peterson 6' 1" 211 lbs. LSU (JR

WR A.J. Green 6' 4" 207 lbs. Georgia, (JR)

DE Robert Quinn 6' 4" 267 lbs. North Carolina (JR)

DE Aldon Smith, 6' 4" 262, Missouri (JR)

CB Prince Amukamara 6' 1" 202 lbs. Nebraska

DE Ryan Kerrigan 6-4 259 lbs. Purdue

OT Nate Solder 6' 9" 313 lbs. Colorado

OG Mike Pouncey, 6' 5" 315 lbs. Florida

OT Tyron Smith, 6' 5" 298 lbs. USC

DE/OLB Von Miller, 6' 4" 244 lbs. Texas A&M

DT Muhammad Wilkerson, 6' 5" 305 lbs. Temple

DT Corey Liuget, 6' 3" 300 lbs. Illinois

DE Allen Bailey 6' 4" 288 lbs. Miami

DE Jeremy Beal, 6' 3" 261 lbs. Oklahoma

OT Benjamin Ijalana, 6' 4" 318 lbs. Villanova

QB Ryan Mallett 6' 7" 238 lbs. Arkansas (JR)

DT Stephen Paea, 6' 1" 302 lbs. Oregon State

DE Adrian Clayborn 6' 3" 282 lbs. Iowa

OT Anthony Castonzo 6-7 302 lbs. Boston College

OT Derek Sherrod, 6' 6" 306 lbs. Mississippi State

OT Gabe Carimi, 6' 7" 325 lbs. Wisconsin

TE Kyle Rudolph, 6' 6" 260 lbs. Notre Dame

QB Jake Locker 6' 3" 228 lbs. Washington

LB Justin Houston, 6' 4" 250 lbs. Georgia

DE J.J. Watt, 6' 6" 288 lbs. Wisconsin

CB Brandon Burton, 6' 1" 190 lbs. Utah

QB Cam Newton, 6' 4" 250 lbs. Auburn (JR)

DE Cameron Heyward 6-6 282 lbs. Ohio State

RB Mark Ingram 5' 10" 216 lbs. Alabama

CB Ras-I Dowling 6' 2" 200 lbs. Virginia

WR Julio Jones 6' 4" 211 lbs. Alabama (JR)

DT Marvin Austin 6' 3" 305 lbs. North Carolina

Would I rate Jones this low? no but a site did- the point is that most places I follow have a gap between AJ Green who is rated #1 WR and Julio Jones who is rated #2 WR- do I know who the better WR? is or who more highly thought of by the NFL scouts? no! just what I read and seen on youtube but if there is a big enough gap maybe it would be enough persuade a team to move up.