2 days from immortality?

Chandler#81

Is this the year Andre Reed get's in?

Catches, yards, TD's, playoff stats, pro bowls? He's got'em in HOF Spades!

Intangible? RAC! We loved him for this and -if you look around- there is no threat today like he was. Only Rice could take an 8 yard 'out' and turn it into a 70 yarder like Reed.

http://www.buffalobi...77-976ed69b4ac1

He's creeping up the enshrinement ladder. Will it happen for him?

Best wishes, #83!

Are there any more Bills likely to get in the hall since? Terrell Owens?

Likely TO, but not for his Bills efforts..

Rueben Brown -through his many PB's

Jason Peters -through his many PB's

Doug Flutie -through his many CFL titles/overall pro career

Pat Williams- through his many PB's

Antoine Winfield -through his many PB's

All these guys had significant years w/ the Bills, but I don't think so..

From the Bills SB era, I really thought Biscuit Bennett was on a HOF path here. He kinda fell off the map after leaving FA, though he did make another SB w/ Atlanta..

To attempt to answer your question, I think Andre's is our true last chance -with a possibility of Old-Timers sending Sestak, Kemp or Saimes.

I really think it's gonna come down to Cris Carter or Andre Reed. Whichever doesn't get in this year I think is in next year. I think Shannon Sharpe is the wildcard. I'm not sure if the voters consider WR and TE in the same group, but my theory is they're only going to put in 1 reciver at a time, and Shannon Sharpe was an incredible TE and to me seems like a first ballot player. That may push Reed/Carter off one more year.

From the Bills SB era, I really thought Biscuit Bennett was on a HOF path here. He kinda fell off the map after leaving FA, though he did make another SB w/ Atlanta..

To attempt to answer your question, I think Andre's is our true last chance -with a possibility of Old-Timers sending Sestak, Kemp or Saimes.

The Hall would be a joke to me if Jason Peters ever got in. The guy is still making Pro Bowls?! What a flipping joke. Every single game I watch of the Eagles that fat schmuck gets blown by repeatedly. Hate how players continue making Pro Bowls based on their past reputations.

I really think Flutie should make it based on his CFL days (it is the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not the NFL Hall of Fame), I think Winfield and Williams are very, very good players, but neither of them seem to shout Hall of Famer in my opinion.

Edited by machinegun12

I really think it's gonna come down to Cris Carter or Andre Reed. Whichever doesn't get in this year I think is in next year. I think Shannon Sharpe is the wildcard. I'm not sure if the voters consider WR and TE in the same group, but my theory is they're only going to put in 1 reciver at a time, and Shannon Sharpe was an incredible TE and to me seems like a first ballot player. That may push Reed/Carter off one more year.

The Hall would be a joke to me if Jason Peters ever got in. The guy is still making Pro Bowls?! What a flipping joke. Every single game I watch of the Eagles that fat schmuck gets blown by repeatedly. Hate how players continue making Pro Bowls based on their past reputations.

I really think Flutie should make it based on his CFL days (it is the Pro Football Hall of Fame, not the NFL Hall of Fame), I think Winfield and Williams are very, very good players, but neither of them seem to shout Hall of Famer in my opinion.

FWIW, Peters had an excellent year this year. He not only made the pro bowl, he was a second team all-pro (generally a very legit measure). He dominated in the latter part of the season.

Flutie will never get in, because the CFL is considered an inferior league.

Williams and Winfield have each been elected to 3 Pro Bowls, and are 38 and 33 respectively. It's highly unlikely either will put up a résumé worthy of HOF induction.

Which was 100% Peter's fault because the Eagles entire line was made up of Peters clones. :flirt:

No, that's not quite right.

Maybe because Vick is a lefty his blind side is on the right. Not much for Peters to do I guess. Put him in the Pro Bowl.

Anyway, I think it's going to be tough for Reed to get in before Carter and, maybe, Brown. The numbers clearly favor those two. Reed's SB performances (except the first Cowboy blowout--and he wans't a factor in the second half) are mediocre at best.

While I agree with you, Reed is the only likely guy left from the post AFL Bills, there might be from sentiment for Tasker at some point. His name comes up, nearly every year, but is then squashed becasue he was almost exclusivley a special teamer...if that sentiment ever changes, he could make it. I certainly feel like he was huge impact player during those years...and turned into a competent receiver in his final years...

While I agree with you, Reed is the only likely guy left from the post AFL Bills, there might be from sentiment for Tasker at some point. His name comes up, nearly every year, but is then squashed becasue he was almost exclusivley a special teamer...if that sentiment ever changes, he could make it. I certainly feel like he was huge impact player during those years...and turned into a competent receiver in his final years...

I would put Tasker in before Reed.

I would put Tasker in before Reed.

Tough call as a Bills fan, but I think Reed belongs in there first. The fact that he happens to be eligible at the same

as Cris Carter and Tim Brown, also great players, shouldn't diminish how great he was. I think if Reed played in a bigger media market, or was an national sports analyst like Carter, there would be little argument as to whether he belongs in the Hall. There seems to be a segment of the sports media that feels that Kelly and Levy don't necessrily belong in the HOF. I realize, sports talk radio guys, and the likes, aren't necessarily the ones who vote, but the sentiment in out there. I think (though I hope I am wrong) that Reed will get in, but like Art Monk, will wait for a few more years...

Tough call as a Bills fan, but I think Reed belongs in there first. The fact that he happens to be eligible at the same

as Cris Carter and Tim Brown, also great players, shouldn't diminish how great he was. I think if Reed played in a bigger media market, or was an national sports analyst like Carter, there would be little argument as to whether he belongs in the Hall. There seems to be a segment of the sports media that feels that Kelly and Levy don't necessrily belong in the HOF. I realize, sports talk radio guys, and the likes, aren't necessarily the ones who vote, but the sentiment in out there. I think (though I hope I am wrong) that Reed will get in, but like Art Monk, will wait for a few more years...

They all played for about the same length of time. Carter had far more TDs (50% more--on about the same total yards) and Brwon had far more yards.

If Reed didn't appear in 4 SBs, he might not even be on the ballot. So if the SB's are the difference, does he get in for that? He was on a team stacked with HOFers and PBers/All Pros. In the games, he didn't play very well.

What, then is his advantage that erases the huge TD or yards disadvantage he faces vs. the other two?

They all played for about the same length of time. Carter had far more TDs (50% more--on about the same total yards) and Brwon had far more yards.

If Reed didn't appear in 4 SBs, he might not even be on the ballot. So if the SB's are the difference, does he get in for that? He was on a team stacked with HOFers and PBers/All Pros. In the games, he didn't play very well.

What, then is his advantage that erases the huge TD or yards disadvantage he faces vs. the other two?

Playing with a bunch of PBers cuts both ways. Sure he benefits because other teams have to cover other quality players, arguably giving him better quality opportunities to catch the ball, but at the same time, his numbers suffer given that Kelly spread the ball around.

I've seen plenty of pundits rating Carter and Brown over Reed because of numbers and the fact that Reed had the advantage of working with the same HOF QB over most of his career. But none of these analyses appear to take into account the Thurman factor, which is to say if we didn't have a HOF tailback, taking a lot of the touches during most of Andre's career, what would Reed's numbers have been. Sure, Carter played with Moss for a few years, Brown played with ... oh nevermind, but during the peak years of Andre's career, 89-96, he was second fiddle to Thurman IMO.

No, that's not quite right.

Maybe because Vick is a lefty his blind side is on the right. Not much for Peters to do I guess. Put him in the Pro Bowl.

Anyway, I think it's going to be tough for Reed to get in before Carter and, maybe, Brown. The numbers clearly favor those two. Reed's SB performances (except the first Cowboy blowout--and he wans't a factor in the second half) are mediocre at best.

How do Reed's SB numbers stack up against Cris Carter's? :oops: