Dallas High School coed guilty of cussing in class

That's just excessive. Even the original fine $340) is kind of ridiculous. I'm for maintaining order in the classroom and having consequences for offenders, but that's just too much. All she said was "stevestojan." If you have to hand out fines, it should start at say $50.

I've always wondered why the word "coed" refers to females at a school. The word coed means, if I'm not mistaken, something containing (or an institution serving, or a sport involving, etc) both men and women. Why is it that the women are the "coeds". I'm not worried about it, I'm not making a political/gender related point, I'm just curious.

Carry on.

I've always wondered why the word "coed" refers to females at a school. The word coed means, if I'm not mistaken, something containing (or an institution serving, or a sport involving, etc) both men and women. Why is it that the women are the "coeds". I'm not worried about it, I'm not making a political/gender related point, I'm just curious.

Carry on.

I was gonna reply that he was "showing his age" by using the word "coed."

Anyway... I think it is because schools were separated... Schools (higher learning) for male, schools for females (or African Americans)... The prominant and main ones in society centered around the white male institutions... The institutions became "coeducational" when they started excepting females. I think Oberlin College was the first in the nation???

What I am saying is that the main paradigm of higher learning always centered (prominance in society) around the white male.

On the other end of the spectrum... You are showing your "age" Stojan! :nana:

Wow!

The "pacification of America" is in full force.

Why the heck is she even considering paying the ticket?

The real problem people do (as in this case) is the "failure to show" rap. What the heck? Why didn't she show in court? There is no excuse for that.

Yes, it's ridiculous but I don't have much sympathy for people who don't bother to show up for court. The fine likely would have been tossed or reduced if she had.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

She basically lost by default and rightly so. Her not showing up for the court order was the nail in her coffin.

Sure. We'll start with you for that mouth of yours. Send one bottle of wine to

SDS

Maryland

and one strombolli to

Jack In Syracuse

Syracuse, NY

And to the offenders we send nothing but lentils.

She basically lost by default and rightly so. Her not showing up for the court order was the nail in her coffin.

You'll have to excuse her, she didn't have a hall pass.

Sure. We'll start with you for that mouth of yours. Send one bottle of wine to

SDS

Maryland

and one strombolli to

Jack In Syracuse

Syracuse, NY

Jack, I would send it to you but I would be afraid that the bomb sniffing dog would eat it.

You will have to wait for the tailgate party for the next batch.

Everything is bigger in Texas, including the stupidity and fines. At least we have Bills fans there to keep some sanity and intelligence there!

Those of us Bills fans who are here in Texas are considered big idiots and insane. I do thank you though for your attempt to compliment us. :D

Jack, I would send it to you but I would be afraid that the bomb sniffing dog would eat it.

You will have to wait for the tailgate party for the next batch.

Worth the wait also !!

Hopefully the NFL won't strike and we can enjoy the stomboli

in 2011 not 2012.