Do we really care if the Muslims take over Egypt?

I was wondering why you were even bothering to this point.

It's not a PPP thing, either...it's an American thing. Most Americans have an image of "islamist" similar to the caricatures the Nazis used to publish about the Jews - the omnipresent hook-nosed boogeyman skulking in dark corners waiting to steal innocent children.

And UNlike the propaganda bogeymen **** spead bythe Nazi regime, Amercians have real bona fide images to back up their opinions.

AND FOR YOU......SOMEONE WHO PHYSICALLY SAW AMERICAN AIRLINES FLIGHT 77 CRASH INTO THE PENTAGON..... to prop up the above blameshifting nonsense is pretty !@#$ing reprehensible and reckless.

Youre smarter than that....or so I thought.

Edited by RkFast

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayman_al-Zawahiri

I know, I know, it's Wiki, but it appears that al-Zawahiri was a member of the Muslim Brotherood. Any organization that includes a douche-bag of that order in its roster isn't one I'd want to have to do business with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayman_al-Zawahiri

I know, I know, it's Wiki, but it appears that al-Zawahiri was a member of the Muslim Brotherood. Any organization that includes a douche-bag of that order in its roster isn't one I'd want to have to do business with.

So they should have expelled him for something he was going to do in the future?

Chicot....their mission statement or motto states they want to form a Caliphate and do so THROUGH VIOLENCE.

That is their STATED MISSION.

Cut the ****.

Again, let them have Egypt and whatever pile of sand they want. But go one step towards Israel or !@#$ with the shipping lanes and expect to meet the business end of a JDAM.

Deal?

I'm not quite sure why exactly it is the US's job to defend Israel. I would have thought with their large nuclear arsenal they were well capable of defending themselves.

As for their mission statement, I guess that depends on who you want to believe. If you're hellbent on believing that the muslim brotherhood are a grave threat to western civilization I doubt I could convince you otherwise. Here's a snippet from the council of foreign relations article I linked to earlier:

"Establishing an Islamic state based on sharia is at the center of the Muslim Brotherhood's ideology, both in Egypt and among the group's many offshoots abroad. But the Brotherhood in Egypt has often said it is committed to gradual and peaceful Islamization and only with the consensus of Egypt's citizens. In recent times, some leaders have dismissed the idea of an Islamic state and expressed commitment to work with other secular and liberal parties."

I can see there's not really not much point in trying to debate any of this with you so I wont bother any more.

I'm not interested in debating it with you, and I apologize for responding sarcarstically to your comment that the Muslim Brotherhood is a fairly moderate organization. Hard as it may be for you or Tom to believe, I'm not so much of a dolt that I see the word "Muslim" and immediately equate it to evil. While I am surprised at the intense laziness it takes to paint that broad stroke on someone who posts here on a regular basis and NEVER comments that Muslim=evil, the reality is simply that in listening and reading news from the US sporadically during the past few days (and no, it's not just me and Fox News), the simple truth appears to be that everyone is wrong and the real problem with the Muslim Brotherhood is that it just needs a better press secretary.

All the news reports pretty much agree that they're a bad group who want to kill all Isrealis. So you'll forgive me for seeing this reported pretty much across the US and not checking with the Council on Foreign Relations for the truth.

I'm not quite sure why exactly it is the US's job to defend Israel.

WWII and Cold War legacy. Holocaust guilt, and (far more so) the inheritance by the US of British global responsibilities, and the Cold War need for a political counter-balance against Soviet-backed Arab states.

I'm not interested in debating it with you, and I apologize for responding sarcarstically to your comment that the Muslim Brotherhood is a fairly moderate organization. Hard as it may be for you or Tom to believe, I'm not so much of a dolt that I see the word "Muslim" and immediately equate it to evil. While I am surprised at the intense laziness it takes to paint that broad stroke on someone who posts here on a regular basis and NEVER comments that Muslim=evil, the reality is simply that in listening and reading news from the US sporadically during the past few days (and no, it's not just me and Fox News), the simple truth appears to be that everyone is wrong and the real problem with the Muslim Brotherhood is that it just needs a better press secretary.

All the news reports pretty much agree that they're a bad group who want to kill all Isrealis. So you'll forgive me for seeing this reported pretty much across the US and not checking with the Council on Foreign Relations for the truth.

This seems to be an incredibly hard concept for many to grasp but wanting to see the end of the current regime in Israel, even wanting to see the end of the current Israeli state does not actually equal wanting to "kill all Israelis", just as wanting to see an end to the Apartheid regime in South Africa didn't mean that you wanted to see all the white South Africans killed.

This seems to be an incredibly hard concept for many to grasp but wanting to see the end of the current regime in Israel, even wanting to see the end of the current Israeli state does not actually equal wanting to "kill all Israelis", just as wanting to see an end to the Apartheid regime in South Africa didn't mean that you wanted to see all the white South Africans killed.

Unbelievable!

I did say it was an incredibly hard concept...

No, it's an incredibly stupid statement

WWII and Cold War legacy. Holocaust guilt, and (far more so) the inheritance by the US of British global responsibilities, and the Cold War need for a political counter-balance against Soviet-backed Arab states.

Or maybe because it's the only !@#$ing democracy in the middle east.

Unbelievable!

No, it's an incredibly stupid statement

Not in the least. I would like to see the end of the current Israeli state and it's replacement with a bi-national state in which the rights of all it's citizens (both Jewish and Arab) would be guaranteed. I believe that both Israelis and Palestinians have an equal right to the land of Israel/Palestine and thus it should be shared by them both. That does not mean that I wish all Israelis to be killed.

Not in the least. I would like to see the end of the current Israeli state and it's replacement with a bi-national state in which the rights of all it's citizens (both Jewish and Arab) would be guaranteed. I believe that both Israelis and Palestinians have an equal right to the land of Israel/Palestine and thus it should be shared by them both. That does not mean that I wish all Israelis to be killed.

Defend this.

http://en.rian.ru/world/20110203/162433368.html

For Egypt, which is backing the US effort along with other secular authoritarian Arab states, anything that may weaken Hamas may be viewed as a positive. Hamas is an offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt's most popular opposition movement, and currently hundreds of Brotherhood members are in Egyptian jails as political prisoners.

Israel, US, and Egypt back Fatah's fight against Hamas

Students start an anarchy feeding on and using the popularity of Tunisia ... The fish stinks and we know it

"freedom and democracy" !!!!

What they really wanted was a play station 3

:lol:

That may be your views but it is not the views of the Muslim Brotherhood which backs violence and jihad towards Israeli.

I don't intend to. I dont think any Arab nation should normalize relations with Israel or have peace treaties with them until there is a fair resolution to the Palestinian plight.

You can not "normalize" with this as a partner:

Abdullah Azzam, the teacher and mentor of Osama bin Laden, was a member of the Jordanian Muslim Brotherhood. Bin Laden's current deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, was heavily influenced by the ideology of the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood.4 And Khalid Sheikh Muhammad, the mastermind of the 9/11 attack, joined the Muslim Brotherhood in Kuwait in his youth.5 Even in recent years the Muslim Brotherhood's publication in London, Risalat al-Ikhwan, maintained its jihadist orientation; it featured at the top of its cover page in 2001 the slogan, "Our mission: world domination" (siyadat al-dunya). This header was changed after 9/11, but the publication still carried the Muslim Brotherhood's motto which includes: "jihad is our path; martyrdom is our aspiration."

And UNlike the propaganda bogeymen **** spead bythe Nazi regime, Amercians have real bona fide images to back up their opinions.

BOO!!! Scary muzzie around the corner! BOO!!!

AND FOR YOU......SOMEONE WHO PHYSICALLY SAW AMERICAN AIRLINES FLIGHT 77 CRASH INTO THE PENTAGON..... to prop up the above blameshifting nonsense is pretty !@#$ing reprehensible and reckless.

Youre smarter than that....or so I thought.

Conversely, I always knew you were this stupid. You're really saying that because I saw five guys fly a plane into a building, I should hate all Islamists.

BOO!!! Scary muzzie around the corner! BOO!!!

Conversely, I always knew you were this stupid. You're really saying that because I saw five guys fly a plane into a building, I should hate all Islamists.

You're also an anti-semite.

You're also an anti-semite.

Ragheads, kikes, spooks, honkies, canucks, micks, krauts, dagos, redskins, spics...I hate 'em all equally.

Radical Islamist...Um...yeah if self preservation is important to you.

1) Hate won't keep me safe.

2) Since I suspect your definition of "radical islamist" is "someone who wants to kill me" anyway, your statement is silly.

3) Most radical islamists who espouse any sort of hatred for me are engaged in little more than rhetoric...of the kind akin to putting crosshairs over the democratic districts of a US map. So please, can someone tell if there's a consistent standard for establishing the kind of rhetoric we are and aren't supposed to fear?

I don't intend to. I dont think any Arab nation should normalize relations with Israel or have peace treaties with them until there is a fair resolution to the Palestinian plight.

Likewise, I think Israel shoud have the right to strike any such nation when their security is threatened without interference.