Pinkston's "For Who, For What?" moment

Greg de'Ville

...Pinkston claimed he lost a 1st quarter long ball in the lights, but the fans and media know better. He gave up on that ball because he glanced at a Deadskins safety ready to make a pop.

It was reminiscent of another Iggle of lore, Ricky Watters, who alligator-armed a pass over the middle against the Bucs a few years back. Only it wasn't just Pinkston's arms that retreated--it was his whole body. He wanted no part of any contact and simply gave up on the pattern.

It's all everyone's talking about in Philly this morning.

...Pinkston claimed he lost a 1st quarter long ball in the lights, but the fans and media know better.  He gave up on that ball because he glanced at a Deadskins safety ready to make a pop.

It was reminiscent of another Iggle of lore, Ricky Watters, who alligator-armed a pass over the middle against the Bucs a few years back.  Only it wasn't just Pinkston's arms that retreated--it was his whole body.  He wanted no part of any contact and simply gave up on the pattern.

158527[/snapback]

He probably saw what happened to the Stiller wideout last week who noodled a BR pass near the sideline and got wickedly torched. That hit is going to have an effect on ALOT of WRs in the NFL who face Washington.

Ahhh, Todd Pinkston. The Poor man's Harold Carmichael......

actually, he's less than that, but I heard an announcer (maybe Dennis Miller) call him that once, and I thought it was funny.

158537[/snapback]

Had to be Dennis Miller, no other commentator could come up with that.

I don't think I've ever seen a player flinch that badly. He did come back and make a nice play later in the game, but he's going to get some major stojan over that play. There is no question (IMO) but that he quit on the play to avoid contact.

...Pinkston claimed he lost a 1st quarter long ball in the lights, but the fans and media know better.  He gave up on that ball because he glanced at a Deadskins safety ready to make a pop.

It was reminiscent of another Iggle of lore, Ricky Watters, who alligator-armed a pass over the middle against the Bucs a few years back.  Only it wasn't just Pinkston's arms that retreated--it was his whole body.  He wanted no part of any contact and simply gave up on the pattern.

158527[/snapback]

That was easily the "Wuss" move of the year by a professional athlete. There should be an ESPY award for it.

It was a heck of a long pass by McNabb, and he really avoided contact with the Redskins safety. Even the guys at ESPN were calling him out for being a wimp.

He later caught a long ball from McNabb. But, as Beerball said, he should have gotten a lot of flak for getting so blatantly yellow. Glad he isn´t a Bill.

i didn't see the play last night, but i remember he did the exact same thing a few weeks back against the giants.......he was running a short crossing route and he saw the CB (i think it was will peterson) waiting for him, so instead of reaching up for it and exposing his ribs he let the ball whizz right by his head......the giants talked trash to him the whole way back to the huddle, but i guess pinkston didn't learn anything from that embarrassing lesson.......

Nice gift interference call the Iggles got last night.  They're going to get rolled in the SB whoever they play.

158613[/snapback]

Definitely. TO pushed off bigtime yet the zebra called Springs for PI. Bad call.

It was not one of the Iggles' better efforts last night. They are getting nicked up bigtime in their defensive front four and that is a concern as the playoffs near.