Al Gore Says GW Causes More Snow

3rdnlng

Nope. Take it to rense.com where it belongs.

I'm not well-versed in this topic, but there it was on google news, and it's apparently being published in a few respected journals and has actual scientific measurements of the creeping fields....

You're saying it's a bunch of bunk? That'd be cool with me.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's right she is the only govt retiree with an out of whack pension. Remember what I do for a living. Funny since I've moved to liberal SF I've never seen so many people with huge local gov pensions.

Where can I get one? I work for the fed/DoD... And I get crap... Well, at least it is something. I actually have to finance the pension myself! Where the heck are all these "great" gov't jobs with "great" gov't pensions? :unsure: Oh yeah, liberal SF! :wallbash:

My wife is even in IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund)... And she doesn't get any better... Maybe we were born 10 years too late... Should have been "Boomers." :rolleyes:

It is actually what you make that they base it on... Seems the people that actually DO something productive get squat. But that is okay... Hopefully the older crowd will drop off soon and all will be corrected.

Where can I get one? I work for the fed/DoD... And I get crap... Well, at least it is something. I actually have to finance the pension myself! Where the heck are all these "great" gov't jobs with "great" gov't pensions? :unsure: Oh yeah, liberal SF! :wallbash:

My wife is even in IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund)... And she doesn't get any better... Maybe we were born 10 years too late... Should have been "Boomers." :rolleyes:

It is actually what you make that they base it on... Seems the people that actually DO something productive get squat. But that is okay... Hopefully the older crowd will drop off soon and all will be corrected.

Are you actually bitching because you have to fund your own retirement? I'm actually glad I'm in charge of my own retirement. Does your wife wipe your ass for you?

BTW I'm still waiting for you to explain to everyone here how I've hurt my clients.

I propose an international system of magnet offset credits. For example, somebody may want to move the magnets on their refrigerator. What will that do to the Earth's magnetic field? Well we don't really know, but it's better to do something than nothing. So for a nominal fee I will move the magnets on my refrigerator to match the movement on yours, thus making us both magnet neutral.

Be part of the solution!

I've got a better idea: for every 10kWh of electricity you use, you get charged a nominal $50 fee which is used for planting hematite in the ground, in hopes that it'll grow into a great big iron deposit that'll absorb some of the anthropogenic magnetism caused by the electricity transmitted through the grid.

So you agree that magnetic pole reversal is a serious concern, and we have to do everything in our power to keep it from happening, because even if it's not proven the costs of not doing anything are too great?

Thank you. I'm waiting for Coli to chime in on how the statement on flipping magnetics means scientific consensus because that's how it works in that field of endeavor.

I propose an international system of magnet offset credits. For example, somebody may want to move the magnets on their refrigerator. What will that do to the Earth's magnetic field? Well we don't really know, but it's better to do something than nothing. So for a nominal fee I will move the magnets on my refrigerator to match the movement on yours, thus making us both magnet neutral.

Be part of the solution!

Those of us that are chick magnets could form an association and work in unison with the hunk magnets and insure that any flippin going on is done on the proper poles.

http://online.wsj.co...0992126630.html

We do know that carbon dioxide and other gases trap and re-radiate heat. We also know that humans have emitted ever-more of these gases since the Industrial Revolution. What we don't know is exactly how sensitive the climate is to increases in these gases versus other possible factors—solar variability, oceanic currents, Pacific heating and cooling cycles, planets' gravitational and magnetic oscillations, and so on.

Given the unknowns, it's possible that even if we spend trillions of dollars, and forgo trillions more in future economic growth, to cut carbon emissions to pre-industrial levels, the climate will continue to change—as it always has.

So you agree that magnetic pole reversal is a serious concern, and we have to do everything in our power to keep it from happening, because even if it's not proven the costs of not doing anything are too great?

Preventing magnetic pole reversal is not technically feasible - I doubt anyone even has a reasonable theory on how it might be done.

The difference between that and the other, of course, is that there is no evidence that we're directly contributing to the pole reversal. Of course you know this.

Preventing magnetic pole reversal is not technically feasible - I doubt anyone even has a reasonable theory on how it might be done.

The difference between that and the other, of course, is that there is no evidence that we're directly contributing to the pole reversal. Of course you know this.

Of course I know that. There's also no direct evidence that magnetic pole reversal contributes to warming (there's theories, some decent. But no practical metrics for establishing their validity as of yet.)

It has no bearing on the riduclous "we have to do something!" argument I used, which is the same one the most looney of the global warming crowd uses (which is also a political rationale, not a scientific one). It's not technically feasable to reverse global warming either...doesn't stop anyone from wanting to throw trillions at it for ludicrous, fallacious reasons. Really, there's almost no argument for "stopping" "climate change" that can't also be applied to "magnetic pole reversal".

Given the unknowns, it's possible that even if we spend trillions of dollars, and forgo trillions more in future economic growth, to cut carbon emissions to pre-industrial levels, the climate will continue to change—as it always has.

But it's better to do something than nothing. Even if that something doesn't really do anything.

We're doing something about it!

But it's better to do something than nothing. Even if that something doesn't really do anything.

We're doing something about it!

Re: health care - actually, just about every high-visibility big-ticket government program.

Hell, Clinton's entire presidency was based on that principle.

Are you actually bitching because you have to fund your own retirement? I'm actually glad I'm in charge of my own retirement. Does your wife wipe your ass for you?

I am not bitching... I am actually proud of it! And no, that does not mean being proud my wife wipes my ass... That doesn't happen... If it did, it would only get half done...;) ;)

You dolt... You may have not hurt your clients directly... Of course you have have "helped" them... As the "money man" it is the others in the system that you may have stepped over. Of course you are going to help you clients that you deal with directly.... Of course you will fight for their survival and your own hide... Like a rat in a trap.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This is for you Chef... You like "jams"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVlbgqmxXNY

"...If I gave you everything that I owned and asked for nothing in return

Would you do the same for me as I would for you?

Or take me for a ride, and strip me of everything including my pride

But spirit is something that no one destroys

And the sound that I'm hearing is only the sound

The low spark of high-heeled boys."

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

You dolt... You may have not hurt your clients directly... Of course you have have "helped" them... As the "money man" it is the others in the system that you may have stepped over. Of course you are going to help you clients that you deal with directly.... Of course you will fight for their survival and your own hide... Like a rat in a trap.

Explain who these others that are not my clients that I have stepped over and explain how I have hurt them. And I will fight for my own hide like a rat in a trap? Could you explain this further and give me a scenario regarding what you're talking about?

Explain who these others that are not my clients that I have stepped over and explain how I have hurt them. And I will fight for my own hide like a rat in a trap? Could you explain this further and give me a scenario regarding what you're talking about?

Please try to do a better job distracting him so he stops linking videos about cross dressers.

The system. There are winners and losers. Not saying that you can win all the time either. There are times when you are going to lose money and possibily hurt your clients. Even you can't insulate against loss. There are times when you are going win off the back of others that lose money in the game. The system is parasitic.