Woman charged with child abuse

Fezmid

What was the heat index of the hot sauce she used?

Good question. There's apparently a video somewhere (it was on Dr. Phil I guess?), and from what I've read it must not have been that hot. The kid was crying, but from getting in trouble, not from the sauce. Or so I've read.

Used to be (and in my family, still is) common practice to get toddlers to break any "sucking" habits (thumbs, pacifiers, etc.) with tabasco sauce.

Guess my family'll just have to resort to waterboarding instead...

Pfffft. Kids have it so easy these days. My mom cut my thumbs off.

My mother would have been in serious hot water by these standards. Arguably not much different than the age old soap in the mouth and probably safer.

Exactly what I was thinking.

This 'story' is just more evidence that we have too many people a) working in the media and b) who care too much about what other people are doing.

This whole thing makes absolutely no sense to me. Sooner or later we'll reach the point where no kind of discipline is allowed at all.

Sooner or later? I think we already passed that exit a while back.

The beginning of the end was the removal of any discipline whatsoever in public schools. My brother in law teaches and was threatened physically on more than one occasion by students. The school administration had zero interest in doing anything about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4bAHBAw7UE

You should see the video first. Notice how much hot sauce was actually in his mouth.

Plus, the son is adopted.

I'd have spit that right in her face, the woman was an absolute monster as a mother and needs to learn how to raise children. This is the kind of kid who will end up cutting this woman up in tiny pieces and seeing nothing wrong with it. I know there are ways to discipline kids but she does it with so much fail.

Edited by jboyst62

Good question. There's apparently a video somewhere (it was on Dr. Phil I guess?), and from what I've read it must not have been that hot. The kid was crying, but from getting in trouble, not from the sauce. Or so I've read.

Take a look at the video. He's not really crying so much as screaming in terror because this maniac is torturing him and he has nowhere to turn.