Gaither interest

BeastMode54

If he hits the free agent market do you think the Bills show interest in Gaither? If the answer is yes, where would he play? LT or RT? And would he be willing to play RT? Bell was solid this year. Not great, but not awful. He "could" get better, but I think Gaither might be the better prospect. Problem is his attitude and he can't stay on the field

If he hits the free agent market do you think the Bills show interest in Gaither? If the answer is yes, where would he play? LT or RT? And would he be willing to play RT? Bell was solid this year. Not great, but not awful. He "could" get better, but I think Gaither might be the better prospect. Problem is his attitude and he can't stay on the field

There is little reason to believe that when and if Gaither is released, they will look at him thoroughly and consider him strongly. Everything that Nix, Whaley, Gailey et al have said and done since day one has shown this to be their MO. With the roster and problems we have as a team, it would be complete negligence for them NOT to look at virtually every decent player who is made available, and this includes guys like Vince Young, even if they go into it with a preconceived notion about that player. It's incumbent upon these guys to improve this roster any way they can, and as quickly as they can, and Gaither is a prime candidate, especially because he can play both positions.

That said, it's also VERY easy to imagine they will consider him strongly and then ultimately decide against trying to sign him because of the aforementioned problems. They want to change the culture on this team. They want everyone to buy into what they are doing, which is to make a tough, competitive, team approach. Headcases, under-achievers, guys with a history of erratic effort or team play will often be passed by even if their "talent" may be better than what we have. Nix and Gailey may decide overall, Gaither's addition does not help us build this team.

I would predict they will investigate and look into signing him thoroughly, but then won't try to sign him. It wouldn't surprise me at all, I suppose, if they did decide he helps the team and they can get him to play to his potential.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

I remenber last year, there was alot of talk of a possible trade. I think it was Gaither for Mckelvin, but the Bills were not willing to part ways with McKelvin at that time. Now that we've had another year to think about it, should we have done that deal?

Considering Gaither played zero plays this past season if it was even a consideration I'd say the Bills made the right choice.

My bet is that he doesn't go anywhere...

Ravens meeting with Gaither...

Gaither is not a RT he is a LT and played LT till last year when the Ravens wanted to move Oher over to the left side

Yes, dear. That didn't answer my question (actually I thought Gaither's back injury led to the OL shuffle, but that doesn't answer my question either).

I'm equal opportunity, I'll ask you too: what RT who will be FA** do you like?

**(I was going to ask, what FA RT do you like, but I thought it was unreasonable to ask anyone not to be distracted by that, er, opening)

I remenber last year, there was alot of talk of a possible trade. I think it was Gaither for Mckelvin, but the Bills were not willing to part ways with McKelvin at that time. Now that we've had another year to think about it, should we have done that deal?

If that be the case and Donte leaves and the first pick in the draft is Peterson as some think he will be the BPA then this trade of McKelvin could be a possibility !!!

Yes, dear. That didn't answer my question (actually I thought Gaither's back injury led to the OL shuffle, but that doesn't answer my question either).

I'm equal opportunity, I'll ask you too: what RT who will be FA** do you like?

**(I was going to ask, what FA RT do you like, but I thought it was unreasonable to ask anyone not to be distracted by that, er, opening)

If I had to look at a FA RT I would go after Colon from Pit who was out all year or maybe Bushrod who did not do that well this year at LT but I would be happy either drafting or maybe getting 1 of our 50 guards to play the position

I don't see Bell as all that wonderful. Gaither to Left Tackle.

If I had to look at a FA RT I would go after Colon from Pit who was out all year or maybe Bushrod who did not do that well this year at LT but I would be happy either drafting or maybe getting 1 of our 50 guards to play the position

I think I might look up my Colon Pitt for a FART too!!! :rolleyes: