Mock Draft (7 ROUNDS)

No thanks, I'll make this quick; We don't need any WRs or fullbacks and 3 ILBs is crazy when we need one and two outsides which you didn't draft and there are better options for the big guys you drafted. This might be a better option

1. Robert Quinn OLB

2. Marcus Cannon RT

3. Phil Talor NT

4. Chris White ILB

4. Brooks Reed OLB

5. Lee Smith TE

6. Pernell McFee DE

7. Josh Thomas CB

This would not make me unhappy. I would prefer Dareus in the 1st but Quinn also looks good.

The OPs draft....I'm sorry, I don't get it.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NIx said we are 3-4 and Chan said we are Hybrid. We will be playing both.

U must of been one of those guys that wanted Maybin over Orakpo. I like Von Miller intensity but with hus size he can be another Maybin. it`s just scary dude. As far as Fairley and Bowers go i would rather have them then Quinn also

We're playing a hybrid because a lot of the players we have are geared towards a 4-3. We'll predominantly be a 3-4 team with some 4-3 packages. Quinn isn't BPA at #3 and may not be a good fit for a 3-4. Let's use the #3 pick on a guy who played in a 4-3 in college, wasn't as dominant as people make it seem, and was suspended all of last year. Am I missing something here?

And I love how you resort to trying to insult me instead of actually trying to respond to my argument. I must be one of those guys who wanted Maybin over Orakpo? Exactly what point are you trying to make with that statement?

How about this version ? like I said before I'm just doing this out of curiosity and putting different draft strategies together to see what what people think.

1.) DA'QUAN BOWERS, DE CLEMSON

2.) LEONARD HANKERSON, WR MIAMI

3.) KELVIN SHEPPARD, ILB L.S.U.

4.) JAMES BREWER, OT INDIANA

4.) (MARSHAWN LYNCH) JARVIS JENKINS, DT CLEMSON

5.) OWEN MARECIC, FB/LB/ST STANFORD

6.) BRYANT BROWNING, OG OHIO STATE

7.) ALEX WUJCIAK ILB MARYLAND - (DEPTH/SPECIAL TEAMS)

(FREE AGENCY - OLB / TE )

Kamerion Wimbley, DE/OLB OAKLAND RAIDERS

Kevin Boss, TE NEW YORK GIANTS

Just my $.02...All the players listed for potential first round picks are great players, don't get me wrong. I've only one person mention Cam Jordan, DE out of Cal. IMHO, he is as good, if not better than all of them. He's a 3 year starter as a DE in a 3-4 scheme...no projecting asd a DE or OLB, simply put, he's a 3-4 DE. Most everyone expected his production to slip after Alualu was drafted last year...WRONG, his #'s went up and he was widely viewed as the most feared DL in the PAC-10, even as a 3-4 guy. Add to that his performance in Mobile last week where he DOMINATED every OL he lined up against, and couldn't even be stopped with double teams. I think he's the most underated DL in this draft class, which is deep on front 7 D. I think he can be had outside the top 10 which opens us up to trading down and picking up an additonal 2nd this year and next year. Houston desperately needs help in thier secondary and St. Louis desperately needs help @ WR. Insert Peterson and Green and that makes a trade with one of the two much more feasable.

Grabbing Jordan @ 11 or 14 gives us an opportunity to get 2 more day 1 starters fit for the 3-4 in Taylor, DT out of Baylor; Stocker, TE out of Tenn; or even Jimmy Smith, CB out of CO (which I think is a greater need than TE, even though I am a huge Stocker fan).

This falls into place and our first 3 picks are:

Rd 1 - Jordan

Rd 2a - Taylor

Rd 2b - Smith (Stocker if we really want a TE in round 2)

I want our draft pic to look like the cover of a Jenny Craig add.

this is what our front 7 will like with my plan

starting 3-4 and backups in rotation

De-K Williams. Troup

DT-P Taylor. K Ellis, Troup

DE-Carrington, Austin

Olb R Quinn. Moats

Mlb Poz Danny Batten

mlb Matthews

OLb Merriman. Moats

when we go 4-3

De Quinn

K Williams

p Troup

M Austin.

This can be a killer rotation, Keeps everyone fresh. Big pass Rushers and Run stuffers we wont be getting pushed around anymore

Why do so many think NFL defense is so easy that every player can swap roles and responsibilities like Lady Gaga swaps outfits?

Instead of solid "beef" up front, might we not wind up like this? Where's the Beef?

How about if we let our players focus on learning one role, and executing it well?

At most two SOMEWHAT related roles?

Not 4-3 end and 3-4 OLB? Or 4-3 DT vs 3-4 DE?

Just my $.02...All the players listed for potential first round picks are great players, don't get me wrong. I've only one person mention Cam Jordan, DE out of Cal. IMHO, he is as good, if not better than all of them. He's a 3 year starter as a DE in a 3-4 scheme...no projecting asd a DE or OLB, simply put, he's a 3-4 DE. Most everyone expected his production to slip after Alualu was drafted last year...WRONG, his #'s went up and he was widely viewed as the most feared DL in the PAC-10, even as a 3-4 guy. Add to that his performance in Mobile last week where he DOMINATED every OL he lined up against, and couldn't even be stopped with double teams. I think he's the most underated DL in this draft class, which is deep on front 7 D. I think he can be had outside the top 10 which opens us up to trading down and picking up an additonal 2nd this year and next year. Houston desperately needs help in thier secondary and St. Louis desperately needs help @ WR. Insert Peterson and Green and that makes a trade with one of the two much more feasable.

Grabbing Jordan @ 11 or 14 gives us an opportunity to get 2 more day 1 starters fit for the 3-4 in Taylor, DT out of Baylor; Stocker, TE out of Tenn; or even Jimmy Smith, CB out of CO (which I think is a greater need than TE, even though I am a huge Stocker fan).

Rd 1 - Jordan

Rd 2a - Taylor

Yup, I read the same about jordan. Phil taylor was a monster too. Now this I really like. I just hope nix is willing and can find a trade partner.

Rd 1 - Jordan

Rd 2a - Taylor

i like the cam jordan idea but would like an ilb and right tackle in the 2nd.

Since we are all giving our opinions. This would be my dream/realistic mock.

P.S. I do like the Owen Marecic pick as he is a very versatile two way player. You always have room for athletes like that.

1. ROBERT QUINN UNC (stud pass rusher with the unique ability to play 4-3 DE, or 3-4 OLB)

2. KYLE RUDOLPH ND (finally the TE we have lacked for years, and always a QBs best friend)

3. MARK HERZLICH BC (very gritty and athletic OLB, and the kind of character player the Bills love)

4. JOSEPH BARKSDALE LSU (big physical mauler who can be an immediate starter at RT)

4. MARVIN AUSTIN UNC (very big very athletic DT who can cause havoc for us in our DL rotation)

5. CASEY MATTHEWS OREGON (you cant go wrong with a Matthews, always smart, tough players)

6. JOHN MOFFITT WISC (large athletic guard from a well coached team who always produces nfl OL)

7. WILL HILL UF (character issues may push him back this far, but really an amazing talent)

With that said I would LOVE to bring in a free agent or traded STARTING QB

Is Quinn that good?! I don't know much about him.

Herzlich? I'm concerned how a cancer survivor will hold up in the NFL.

Austin? Likely not there in the 4th?

Matthews? No way he lasts until the 5th

Moffitt? Why another OG? He's not OT is he? No way he lasts until the 6th, I hear...

Will Hill? Will be 1st NFLer to go on IR with AIDS?

Sorry for my insensitivity, but cosey asked about his draft.

1.) AJ GREEN, WR GEORGIA - Of course it is another luxury pick, but we still have 7 more picks,6 rounds left, we do have bigger priorities to take care of else where but in the end you will see how everything pans out in where we will still get valuable players to fulfill our needs so therefor we can work around drafting an elite WR in the first.

Nothing against AJ Green, he's a great talent. But the key to improving the Bills passing game lies EVERYWHERE but wr.

Obviously, a better QB would help.

Then, better blocking. A lesser talented receiver with an extra second to get open can be more effective than a more talented one without time. Plus the benefits of improved run blocking.

Third, a good TE. Opening the middle of the field and having a reliable safety valve forces defenses to play honest pass coverage and almost invariably leaving an open option somewhere a good QB can exploit. Plus the benefits of having an extra full size blocker at the LOS.

A good defense. Playing with a lead, or at least not from far behind obviously makes defenses respect the run option which in turn creates opportunity in the pass game.

I know this is all very basic, but the basics seem to get lost on the Bills every offseason. IMO, AJ Green makes no sense whatsoever. He may be the next Randy Moss or Charles Rogers, doesn't really matter. The Bills WR corps is clearly better than the OL/TE and D as a whole.

The Bills have a great opportunity in this draft. This year the draft is loaded with front 7 players.

We need to get big and Nasty up front with a rotation ala (New England).

#1-Robert Quinn-reminds me of DaMarcus Ware sprinkled in with a little J.Peppers. can play 4-3end and 3-4 OLB

#2-Phil Taylor- just a monster of a man 337 pounds and quick first step with power.TRUE NOSE TACKLE.

#3-Marvin Austin- can play the 5technique also dt 4-3. reminds me of Darnell Dockett.

#4-Kendrick Ellis-another monster. 340 pounds good feet.

#4-Casey Matthews-intelligent instinctive middle linebacker plays all out all the time.

I`m not even gonna bother with the rest of the draft. with these additions. we get bigger and stronger. We also can cut some dead weight like STroud,and Johnson that free`s up money so we can fix our RT and TE spot in free agency. If the Bills do this they can be a force in 2 years.

this guy knows what hes talking about this would be awesome i couldnt be any happier if the bills did this

Flame away...my version 1.0

Round 1: CB Patrick Peterson (LSU)- Perhaps the best player in the entire NFL Draft

Round 2: DE Jabaal Sheard (PITT)- Wanny influence kicks in

Round 3: TE Lance Kendricks TE (WISC)- Finally some needed help at TE

Round 4: ILB Casey Matthews (ORE)- Might have to move up here, good pedigree, will fit the system nicely

Round 5: OLB Chris Carter (FRESNO) Good height, played hurt, productive LB

Round 6: OT Bo Thran (OREGON)- Bell has progressed, but can never have enough good depth here

Round 7: QB Greg McElroy (BAMA)- Gailey can groom him, winner, might surprise at the next level

Aren't there any fat Samoans we can get for our front seven.

Haloti Ngata types?

He's Tongan, but...

Sione Fua

(pronounced see-OH-nay FOO-ah)

DraftSeason: What do you feel you do on the field that you don’t get enough credit for?

Sione Fua: Having the ability to dominate games by controlling the line of scrimmage, closing up gaps and getting penetration; even if I don't make that many tackles.

DraftSeason: Do you see yourself as more of an unsung hero in the middle, clearing up space for others to make the big play?

Sione Fua: No, I play team defense. I make the plays I am supposed to make, and do my job the rest of the time which allows other people to make plays. The people who really know football know the true value of a great nose tackle.

DraftSeason: What has been greatest moment on the field during your career at Stanford?

Sione Fua: Having a dominating performance in the Orange bowl against Va Tech

DraftSeason: What are you looking forward to showcasing to NFL teams in the coming months?

Sione Fua: My versatility. I want to show them that i can play multiple positions in any defensive scheme: NT or DT in a 4-Sione Fua: 3, NT or DE in a 3-4. I believe i have the skill set and physical attributes to play all of these positions.

DraftSeason: Finally Sione, which current NFL player are you most looking forward to getting your hands on?

Sione Fua: Any offensive player that has the ball in his hands.

Edited by The Senator

i like the cam jordan idea but would like an ilb and right tackle in the 2nd.

So would I, but i don't see the value there...on RT's: Castonzo, Solder, Smith, Sherrod & Carimi will all likely be gone in the first. That leaves us with Love, who got eaten alive @ the Sr. Bowl; then Pinkston who is not the kind of OL I wnt. He's soft nd doesn't attck the defender. He catches alot of his blocks and just isn't the mauling dominant type of OT I would prefer. Connon is projecting as a OG in the NFL as he may not be able to handle the speed of NFL level DE's. Barksdale, although solid, is nothing special, he's just there...but, consistent. I really like James Carpenter out of Alabama. He's the sturdy, durable and reliable type OT that we need. He has excellent hands and is quick off the snap, though he lacks the elite foot speed to continue his carrer @ LT in the NFL. He was all SEC both years as a starter @ LT and will anchor the right side of our line for the next decade.

On ILB's: I am just not a fan of Martez Wislon. The kid had a couple of solid seasons as a true freshman and sophomore, but was injured in his first game as a Jr. and hasn't played since as he declared for this years draft. Couple with the fact it was a neck injury to an ILB...I'd pass. There are a few more guys that are rated better than Kelvin Sheppard, but to me are all on the wrong side of 240lbs. to be that stud run stuffer we need next to Poz. Sheppard, right now, is projected as a high 3rd, low 4th round selection, but he may jump up some draft boards with a solid combine and pro day. I really like the kid as he is a 3 year starter and plays with a lot of passion and emotion. He's a hard nosed SOB that I would love to see here.