Mock Draft (7 ROUNDS)

The Christian Ponder pick scares me because we are going to draft a 3rd round QB, and try and develop him into a starter. The same old story in Buffalo. See what QB you can steal, or get cheap, and then wonder why we havent had a good QB since Jim Kelly. Id almost rather see us take a QB with our first pick than waste another few years on finding out who ISNT the answer.

I'd be interested to know whats so terrible about mine. Please share, thats what the thread is for.

You have Quinn going at #3. There's just so many things wrong with that pick. He's too small to play 3-4 DE. We have no idea if he can play OLB and drop into coverage or play the run. He was suspended all of last year so up until this point he's been a one year wonder. And his one productive year wasn't even that impressive. He's not a Nix pick. Nix likes guys with multiple seasons of college production, team captains, etc. Quinn is none of those things.

Should I keep going?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, to start...you have Marvin Austin going in the 4th and Moffit going in the 6th. Move them up 2-3 rounds and it's more realistic. And Will Hill makes Pacman a better alternative to the character police.

I think Moffit could potentially be a late 2nd rounder myself. Would love to have the guy but no way he goes later than Rd 3.

Nobody is a finished product coming out of College, that`s what coaches are for to develop these players.

By the way Robert Quinn has been a Beast for 2 years not 1. and is a physical freak. he has all the tools he can get vertical on the bend in pass rush and he also has great hands and power to work his way threw the inside.

He will have some issues in coverage in the beginning, but that`s what experience and coaching is for.

Quinn will be a stud in the NFL

Well, to start...you have Marvin Austin going in the 4th and Moffit going in the 6th. Move them up 2-3 rounds and it's more realistic. And Will Hill makes Pacman a better alternative to the character police.

Will Hill in the 7th round is not worth it?? And Marvin Austin is not a 2nd round pick. Every player is projected where I put them.

You have Quinn going at #3. There's just so many things wrong with that pick. He's too small to play 3-4 DE. We have no idea if he can play OLB and drop into coverage or play the run. He was suspended all of last year so up until this point he's been a one year wonder. And his one productive year wasn't even that impressive. He's not a Nix pick. Nix likes guys with multiple seasons of college production, team captains, etc. Quinn is none of those things.

Should I keep going?

Quinn would not be a 3-4 DE. Thats probably why there is a big problem with the pick LOL! He would be a 3-4 OLB and can also player DE in our 4-3 sets which we will be running frequently this year as well. Quinn was an absolute stud for 2 seasons in college football. I think you are glued to a stat sheet or something, because this guy is the real deal and anyone who has ever seen him play knows it. He is the most elite pass rusher to come out in years.

Nobody is a finished product coming out of College, that`s what coaches are for to develop these players.

By the way Robert Quinn has been a Beast for 2 years not 1. and is a physical freak. he has all the tools he can get vertical on the bend in pass rush and he also has great hands and power to work his way threw the inside.

He will have some issues in coverage in the beginning, but that`s what experience and coaching is for.

Quinn will be a stud in the NFL

34 tackles and 2 sacks is hardly considered being a beast. Also, his big season where he had 11 sacks, all of those sacks happened in 6 games. He had 3 sacks against Duke and Virginia and 2 sacks against East Carolina. Meanwhile, against teams like Florida State, Virginia Tech, Miami, and Boston College, Quinn had a total of 6 tackles and 1 sack. Wow, what a beast.

Stl Bills- Moffitt in the Second WOW!!!!!

Why do that we have some up in comers at the G and C

i`m looking forward to seeing Lev,Wood and Urbik. we have a future here

I'm not saying we should draft him in Rd 2, I said I think that's where he'll eventually go. He's one of those guys whose stock is definitively on the rise. I like Moffit a lot just don't think he'll be available when we pick in rounds 4 on.

34 tackles and 2 sacks is hardly considered being a beast. Also, his big season where he had 11 sacks, all of those sacks happened in 6 games. He had 3 sacks against Duke and Virginia and 2 sacks against East Carolina. Meanwhile, against teams like Florida State, Virginia Tech, Miami, and Boston College, Quinn had a total of 6 tackles and 1 sack. Wow, what a beast.

Agreed, I'd rather have Von Miller over Quinn and I would rather have Fairley, Bowers, Dareus, and possibly Cam Jordan over Miller. I could live with picking Von Miller but I don't want Quinn.

I thought about that after I had wrote that pick in there, It didn't click to me right away and did not no how to delete that

OK...here's what you should do. Start over on this board...seriously. You only have a couple posts. Change your name & promise yourself you're gonna study up before posting...we'll never know it was you next time.

Nobody said Quinn is a 3-4 End

Nix already stated we're staying 3-4 and he's drafting for 3-4. Therefore, Quinn would have to play OLB. Can he drop into coverage? Can he play the run? He's an athletic freak but you don't take a player at #3 who was suspended all of last year when there are other players who produced last year where you know exactly the kind of player you'll get. Quinn wouldn't even be BPA at 3 either. Logic indicates we're not picking Quinn at 3.

NIx said we are 3-4 and Chan said we are Hybrid. We will be playing both.

U must of been one of those guys that wanted Maybin over Orakpo. I like Von Miller intensity but with hus size he can be another Maybin. it`s just scary dude. As far as Fairley and Bowers go i would rather have them then Quinn also

Exactly as I expected. Someone who looks at a stat sheet, and has no idea what the kid can do or has done on the field. Also, the numbers you are referring to are Quinn starting as a FRESHMAN on a stacked defense. Also first team All ACC, and runner up for the ACC defensive player of the year AS A SOPHMORE! That is virtually unheard of. I certainly dont hope you think the guy is top 5 talent, because he had 2 sacks in a season. I hope you know better than that. This guy is widely considered the best pass rusher to come out of college since Julius Peppers, and is a very high character guy who overcame brain surgery in high school.(look deeper into his bogus suspension, its a joke)

All of this prognosticating is inane. Does anyone have a feel for Bowers? Right now, I like Fairley and Dareus for our first pick, but I know nothing about Bowers. Any insight? Will Bowers help us get stout at the point of attack or is he an edge rusher like Von Miller?

Edited by jumbalaya

Those are Maybinesque numbers.

Nix already stated we're staying 3-4 and he's drafting for 3-4. Therefore, Quinn would have to play OLB. Can he drop into coverage? Can he play the run? He's an athletic freak but you don't take a player at #3 who was suspended all of last year when there are other players who produced last year where you know exactly the kind of player you'll get. Quinn wouldn't even be BPA at 3 either. Logic indicates we're not picking Quinn at 3.

You never know what kind of player you are going to get. Thats why its the NFL draft. Playing your senior season doesnt indicate what type of player you are going to have on your team. It indicates what type of player they were in college. For a guy to be a top 5 talent after only playing his freshman and sophmore year, that is very unique and rare. There is a reason for that, and it is because he is that type of player. It's not because every insider in America is a Tar Heels fan