For Sabre fans: Pegula to purchase Sabres

richNjoisy

I'm a Pens fan (flame away...didn't start watching hockey till I moved from Buffalo to Pittsburgh) but it's great to see that the Sabers will be staying in Buffalo for a long time. The City deserves it. Now lets keep the Bills here long term and win a Super Bowl!! Steeler fans always say they are the greatest, but Buffalo Bills fans are the best. No championships in forever, and the stadium still sells out regularly, sites like this exist, and people live and die for the team. Go Bills!

Don't think the Sabres were moving either way. This is more of a chance to finally be the aggressive, winning team instead of the usual boring, tentative team.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely great news for Sabres fans! Many have said that Pegula wants to win Stanley Cups (plural), Buffalo and it's fans across the country definitely deserve that, especially after 4 Superbowl losses, No Goal, The Forward Lateral and 11 years and counting of the Bills missing the playoffs.

um.. the "forward lateral" was not forward, it was a great play incredibly well executed and caught the Bills completely with their pants down. Every time I see it, and I am a 40 yr Bills fan, I just say, 'great call coach', you got us there. that's all you can say. waiting for the refs to hand you a title will have you waiting a long time. bv

um.. the "forward lateral" was not forward, it was a great play incredibly well executed and caught the Bills completely with their pants down. Every time I see it, and I am a 40 yr Bills fan, I just say, 'great call coach', you got us there. that's all you can say. waiting for the refs to hand you a title will have you waiting a long time. bv

Man you are such a debbie downer, I suppose no goal was really no goal too.

I know they have the rule about not owning teams in two different markets, but is there anything that would prevent Jeremy Jacobs from being a minority owner of the Bills? If Pegula buddies up with the NHL owners pretty quickly, a pairing of Pegula (majority owner) and Jacobs would make a ton of sense for the Bills.

It was a forward pass. But the Bills weren't going much farther in the playoffs, much less winning the SB, with the state of the team.

It was a forward pass. But the Bills weren't going much farther in the playoffs, much less winning the SB, with the state of the team.

Really? Our defense was peaking and just shut down Eddie George. Considering Tenn. was the team that made it through the AFC that year, I think the Bills were a threat to make a run. JVille was good, but nothing special.

Really? Our defense was peaking and just shut down Eddie George. Considering Tenn. was the team that made it through the AFC that year, I think the Bills were a threat to make a run. JVille was good, but nothing special.

I have to agree, it's basically the last year they had a chance. Butler put all his eggs in one basket for that season. He knew the Bills would get crushed by the cap the following year and would have to make many moves and difficult decisions, but he went for it. It was a forward lateral, but a very poor special teams play by Buffalo...

As far as Pegula, I cannot wait! This is really the best thing to happen to Buffalo in a really long time. An owner not just fighting to keep their sports teams in town, but willing to spend money, allegedly, to win. This is going to be an exciting era in Buffalo Sabres history. Get rid of some of the dead weight, Connolly and others, and build a champion!!!

Edited by ricojes

A professor from RIT proved it was a forward pass, plus Wilson should have never put in Johnson over Flutie (even Wade Phillips said on the NFL network's Top 10 QB's controveries: "In hindsight, Doug would have won us the game").

It's great that Buffalo's minor teams have won championships before, but we really need major championships from the NHL and the NFL. Like I said before, after the 4 SB losses, The No Goal, the Flutie-Johnson controversy/Forward Lateral/Music City Debacle, and 11 years of the Bills missing the playoffs, we really need a major championship.

4 SB losses, The No Goal, the Flutie-Johnson controversy/Forward Lateral/Music City Debacle, and 11 years of the Bills missing the playoffs

Probably can add "Just give it to them" to the list... :wallbash:

Edited by ricojes

Probably can add "Just give it to them" to the list... :wallbash:

I remember that, when the receiver from the Pats caught it out of bounds short of the 1st down marker. Then the BS pass interference call on a hail mary at the end of the game. You know who the refs wanted to win that one...

Edited by Jerry Jabber

I remember that, when the receiver from the Pats caught it out of bounds short of the 1st down marker. Then the BS pass interference call on a hail mary at the end of the game. You know who the refs wanted to win that one...

worst set of calls ever.

good old Sid Luckett was the ref that day

I have to agree, it's basically the last year they had a chance. Butler put all his eggs in one basket for that season. He knew the Bills would get crushed by the cap the following year and would have to make many moves and difficult decisions, but he went for it. It was a forward lateral, but a very poor special teams play by Buffalo...

As far as Pegula, I cannot wait! This is really the best thing to happen to Buffalo in a really long time. An owner not just fighting to keep their sports teams in town, but willing to spend money, allegedly, to win. This is going to be an exciting era in Buffalo Sabres history. Get rid of some of the dead weight, Connolly and others, and build a champion!!!

A professor from RIT proved it was a forward pass, plus Wilson should have never put in Johnson over Flutie (even Wade Phillips said on the NFL network's Top 10 QB's controveries: "In hindsight, Doug would have won us the game").

It's great that Buffalo's minor teams have won championships before, but we really need major championships from the NHL and the NFL. Like I said before, after the 4 SB losses, The No Goal, the Flutie-Johnson controversy/Forward Lateral/Music City Debacle, and 11 years of the Bills missing the playoffs, we really need a major championship.

It wasn't the defense, it was the offense, namely the O-line. Johnson was running for his life that game. And Johnson left the field with the lead. Even if it was a legal lateral, the game should never have been decided on that play.

It wasn't the defense, it was the offense, namely the O-line. Johnson was running for his life that game. And Johnson left the field with the lead. Even if it was a legal lateral, the game should never have been decided on that play.

The pass went forward, but if Wycheck fielded the ball 6 inches upfield and it was a clean backward pass, it's not like we would have made the play.

You definitely can't put anything from that game on the defense. They gave up 13 points and held Steve McNair under 100 yards. And the Bills did a good job running the ball, with Antowain going over 5 yards/carry. Rob had one good drive in a messy day for the passing game. Yeah, the offensive line was demolished. It's why you start the guy with 15 games' experience behind that crummy-ass line, not the young QB who never did well under pressure.

Johnson sucked for 58 minutes of the game and played good for 1 drive of the game. You're right, the O-line was terrible, which is why Flutie worked better behind it. Johnson built a career of coming off the bench and playing great for 1 game, he could never play great for 2 games in a row. If Ralph really wanted to switch QB's, he should have done it midway through the season, not at the very end. It was the wrong move at the wrong time and it cost the team (see Eric Moulds & Wade Phillips comments), as the O-line had numerous false start penalties in the first half of that game and ultimately Robosack got sacked in the endzone for a safety.

Anyways, this thread is suppose to be about Terry Pegula, a potential owner that has talked about bringing championships to Buffalo, not crying and being all technical over the Music City Debacle game. I think after all the years of heartbreaks of getting close, getting screwed by: refs, bad calls, bad decisions, etc, then years of bad teams, us Buffalo fans deserve a major championship...do you agree? Or are you gonna go back and talk some more about the damn Titans game?

The pass went forward, but if Wycheck fielded the ball 6 inches upfield and it was a clean backward pass, it's not like we would have made the play.

You definitely can't put anything from that game on the defense. They gave up 13 points and held Steve McNair under 100 yards. And the Bills did a good job running the ball, with Antowain going over 5 yards/carry. Rob had one good drive in a messy day for the passing game. Yeah, the offensive line was demolished. It's why you start the guy with 15 games' experience behind that crummy-ass line, not the young QB who never did well under pressure.

Johnson sucked for 58 minutes of the game and played good for 1 drive of the game. You're right, the O-line was terrible, which is why Flutie worked better behind it. Johnson built a career of coming off the bench and playing great for 1 game, he could never play great for 2 games in a row. If Ralph really wanted to switch QB's, he should have done it midway through the season, not at the very end. It was the wrong move at the wrong time and it cost the team (see Eric Moulds & Wade Phillips comments), as the O-line had numerous false start penalties in the first half of that game and ultimately Robosack got sacked in the endzone for a safety.

Anyways, this thread is suppose to be about Terry Pegula, a potential owner that has talked about bringing championships to Buffalo, not crying and being all technical over the Music City Debacle game. I think after all the years of heartbreaks of getting close, getting screwed by: refs, bad calls, bad decisions, etc, then years of bad teams, us Buffalo fans deserve a major championship...do you agree? Or are you gonna go back and talk some more about the damn Titans game?

Flutie doesn't play on ST's. And his play at the end of the season is what got him benched. Had Johnson not left the field with the lead, I'd agree that it was a mistake to start him.

And I talked about Pegula. Go back and read the damn posts.