Updated Post-Senior Bowl Bleacher Draft w/Video

It's WR A.J. Green in the 1st and LB Martez Wilson in the 2nd (with all QB's excepting Gabbert on the board).

Updated Mock Draft

Not unreasonable - Green is really special - but it would create a real log-jam at WR. Unless they trade Evans - when do Parrish and David Nelson play?

Kind of sounds like the RB situation last year, come to thinnk of it... :rolleyes:

Green would be a tough, tough sell for me. For one thing, we already have Evans, Parrish, Johnson, Nelson, Jones, Easley, and Roosevelt. That's seven. I think we'd be cutting one as is, to get to 53. And, who would that be? Roosevelt? Okay. So, I happen to be excited to see what Easley can do, because from what I recall he was getting higher praise in our training camp than Stevie Johnson or Parrish. I like Johnson enough, but I don't think he's quite a 1. He's a good 2. Easley, though, has the measurables to be a really solid 1, if he turns out legitimate. And, Nelson and Jones looked good. This reciever corps looks like a young Green Bay group.

If we go D-line with 1, we can pretty much solidify that group for the next few years. Adding an ILB high, and bringing in another in F.A. or also high in the draft, and we could sure up our run defense. Fix a real problem.

If we go reciever at 1, then I'd have to say we'd absolutely have to be sure our O-line was fixed, as well. It'd be a total waste to spend that pick and not give the QB enough time to get the ball out. I don't know... we'd be getting rid of a good WR or two in the final cuts. And, I just don't think we have enough strengths to be spending such a high pick on a guy who would be a real addition, but who would necessitate a subraction. It'd almost be like drafting a running back, only to have to cut one...

He's not my first choice. Or second, third, fourth or 5th for that matter. But he is a special player. Can't have enough special players on our team. I can see how chan would be excited about adding him to our offense. If they aren't really high on anyone else, it makes sense. It would help open up the field for last years luxury pick RB

These Guys need to quit checking out the wheels but instead reinforce the chassis, refering to Green, Wilson would be a good pick.

Amen. WR is not a deep need. They don't fix the DL and we're suffering for years to comes. The O's not that broken.

I look at it this way. From what I have seen and read, there's only 2 "elite" talents in this year's draft. That doesn't mean that there aren't any players who will become elite in the NFL out there past those two, only that these are the only 2 can't miss types. It sucks that this year we're going through about 10 or so names as possible picks for the Bills at only the #3 pick. That's crazy. That just shows you how far the drop off is after Fairley's off the board.

If the Bills pick Green then I'm not going to fault them just for the mere fact that he's the only other sure fire "elite" player. Try picking who the best player will be out of Dareus, Bowers, Miller, Quinn, Kerrigan, Jordan, Watt, Clayborn. Now that's a daunting task!

That being said, I still hope between now and the end of the combine the Bills find that one of those defensive guys steps up and there IS an elite front 7 player there at their pick, but if not I certainly wouldn't fault the Bills for selecting Green. Man oh man, the Bills sure would have an almost unstoppable offense if that did happen. Who cares about getting a tight end at that point, just go all defense after that first round and try to trade Evans for a third or fourth to the Falcons, Seahawks or Bears.

Edited by 1billsfan

Not unreasonable - Green is really special - but it would create a real log-jam at WR. Unless they trade Evans - when do Parrish and David Nelson play?

Kind of sounds like the RB situation last year, come to thinnk of it... :rolleyes:

I'm not enthused about the possibility of the Bills drafting Green, but are you really worried that a player with Green's talent would be taking playing time away form Parrish or Nelson? :blink:

Do you really want to go thru a situation like last camp with the RBs. Green would be a waste for a team in soooo much need of Defense. Look at the two teams in the Super Bowl -- no highly drafted receivers, they atill get production out of those positions. Both team have invested dearly in defense -- that is the way to win.

I'm stilly hoping we get a blue chipper at our position of need. OLB/OT/DE or trade down.

Ideal draft would be trading down and fillint three areas of need in the first two rounds.

Costanza, Von Miller, Luke Stocker and any number of other playters will be populating the later first and the second round and could improve us immediately. AJ Green fighting for time with Johnson, Evans and Parrish sounds like a receipe for disaster and or mediocrity. Evans and Parrish would probably want out and we won't be in much better shape than we are now...maybe worse.

I look at it this way. From what I have seen and read, there's only 2 "elite" talents in this year's draft. That doesn't mean that there aren't any players who will become elite in the NFL out there past those two, only that these are the only 2 can't miss types. It sucks that this year we're going through about 10 or so names as possible picks for the Bills at only the #3 pick. That's crazy. That just shows you how far the drop off is after Fairley's off the board.

If the Bills pick Green then I'm not going to fault them just for the mere fact that he's the only other sure fire "elite" player. Try picking who the best player will be out of Dareus, Bowers, Miller, Quinn, Kerrigan, Jordan, Watt, Clayborn. Now that's a daunting task!

That being said, I still hope between now and the end of the combine the Bills find that one of those defensive guys steps up and there IS an elite front 7 player there at their pick, but if not I certainly wouldn't fault the Bills for selecting Green. Man oh man, the Bills sure would have an almost unstoppable offense if that did happen. Who cares about getting a tight end at that point, just go all defense after that first round and try to trade Evans for a third or fourth to the Falcons, Seahawks or Bears.

You mean like....Crabtree elite?

So Green steps onto the field as a Bill and exactly what happens to our offense?

You mean like....Crabtree elite?

So Green steps onto the field as a Bill and exactly what happens to our offense?

I agree. AJ Green is heralded as the best receiver to come out of college since Calvin Johnson. If those comparisons are accurate, then yes, it might be a good idea to take him at #3. The reality of the situation is, however, that he has never played a down in the NFL. So....how can we assert that he will be an "elite" talent at WR? A player like Marcus Easley could just as easily become an "elite" talent for us. You just never know until the player gets a chance to play against NFL competition. Remember a guy that was drafted in the seventh round out of Hofstra....Marques Colston. No one had him pegged as an "elite" receiver until he proved himself on the playing field.