Von Miller

BeastMode54

I've read from some that they view him as Maybin 2.0, with a quick burst and speed to the QB. Can he stop the run, was he productive year after year in college? I never saw him play so I was wondering if any of you had. Also, with needs at D line, ILB, OL, and QB would he be a smart pick? I feel like we paid Merriman so if he's somewhat healthy hes gonna have to play. And we also want Moats to develop. Thoughts?

at first the only thing i could see this guy as is maybin 2.0 constantly running himself out of plays and easily being blocked. recently he has grown on me. during the senior bowl week he caught the eyes of many scouts who compared him to the next clay matthews and got nothing but kudos. still, we have more important needs in my opinion. i think we should focus on DL and ILB because players like moats will develop. also as much as i hate maybin, he could turn out to be decent not saying he is james harrison by any means but harrison struggled in his first few seasons with the steelers and was even cut by them and look at him now. maybin has had two seasons now and its time for him to prove himself

at first the only thing i could see this guy as is maybin 2.0 constantly running himself out of plays and easily being blocked. recently he has grown on me. during the senior bowl week he caught the eyes of many scouts who compared him to the next clay matthews and got nothing but kudos. still, we have more important needs in my opinion. i think we should focus on DL and ILB because players like moats will develop. also as much as i hate maybin, he could turn out to be decent not saying he is james harrison by any means but harrison struggled in his first few seasons with the steelers and was even cut by them and look at him now. maybin has had two seasons now and its time for him to prove himself

Clay Matthews motor never stops ... he works his butt off every play ... Von Miller has talent but waits to showcase himself otherwise he sits back and waits.

I didn't see the Senior Bowl but I did watch Miller in a few games this season and he makes the highlight reel but then goes at 1/4 speed. He may have more talent than Maybin but the motivation just isn't there ...

I can't believe you guys are comparing Von Miller to the unproven over-rated A Maybin. Coming out of college Maybin had one good year and Von Miller has been a stud for about 3 a real stud for 2, and he is coming out at the right time. I say we go for Von Miller depending on who we get in free agency. There are some good free agents out there including that guy from Miami ( i would spell his name out or look it up but i am to lazy right now and if i tried to spell it it would be wrong)and we can go Miller in round one and another ILB round two. I have noticed a lot of good LB in the top half of this draft so we should load up on em. I also think we should give up on Maybin and cut our loses. I am an Aggies fan and Miller is just straight up a FOOTBALL PLAYER. Just one of those kind of guys. Yes he over pursuit's some but a lot of times like in today's Senior game he get a hand on the guy and slows him down just enough for the rest of the D to get him.

Clay Matthews motor never stops ... he works his butt off every play ... Von Miller has talent but waits to showcase himself otherwise he sits back and waits.

I didn't see the Senior Bowl but I did watch Miller in a few games this season and he makes the highlight reel but then goes at 1/4 speed. He may have more talent than Maybin but the motivation just isn't there ...

So your saying that clay mathews makes every tackle for green bay? You can't tell me that when the play is totaly past him or clear on the other side of the field that Clay runs full speed to the play to tackle the guy.

I have been watching Miller for a couple of years now, this guys motor never stops. Alls I see Mathews doing during highlights is sack the QB. Does he make a lot of plays on running backs? You should watch that A&M vs OU game again when Miller stopped OU on two goal line stands.

I am not saying that Clay isn't good, he is great. He is a FOOTBALL player just like Miller. Miller is a FOOTBALL player. They makes plays when the game is on the line;

I can't believe you guys are comparing Von Miller to the unproven over-rated A Maybin. Coming out of college Maybin had one good year and Von Miller has been a stud for about 3 a real stud for 2, and he is coming out at the right time. I say we go for Von Miller depending on who we get in free agency. There are some good free agents out there including that guy from Miami ( i would spell his name out or look it up but i am to lazy right now and if i tried to spell it it would be wrong)and we can go Miller in round one and another ILB round two. I have noticed a lot of good LB in the top half of this draft so we should load up on em. I also think we should give up on Maybin and cut our loses. I am an Aggies fan and Miller is just straight up a FOOTBALL PLAYER. Just one of those kind of guys. Yes he over pursuit's some but a lot of times like in today's Senior game he get a hand on the guy and slows him down just enough for the rest of the D to get him.

So your saying that clay mathews makes every tackle for green bay? You can't tell me that when the play is totaly past him or clear on the other side of the field that Clay runs full speed to the play to tackle the guy.

I have been watching Miller for a couple of years now, this guys motor never stops. Alls I see Mathews doing during highlights is sack the QB. Does he make a lot of plays on running backs? You should watch that A&M vs OU game again when Miller stopped OU on two goal line stands.

I am not saying that Clay isn't good, he is great. He is a FOOTBALL player just like Miller. Miller is a FOOTBALL player. They makes plays when the game is on the line;

What he said. People who are comparing Von Miller to Maybin are looking at nothing other than height/weight, and not actually watching games. Like I said in another thread, the only question I have with Von Miller is can he handle coverage responsibilites, but outside of that he'll be worth drafting highly

No one will agree with me but I think his only cahnce is as a 43 WILL. He wont be able to rush the passer in teh NFL because he is similiar to Maybin in that regard. Miller has instincts though (which Maybin never had) and is a good college player. The only way to get any kind of use out of him will be to keep blockers off of him. He wont be sccessful as a rush LB but as a 4-3 will and being free to roam he will make plays.

No one will agree with me but I think his only cahnce is as a 43 WILL. He wont be able to rush the passer in teh NFL because he is similiar to Maybin in that regard. Miller has instincts though (which Maybin never had) and is a good college player. The only way to get any kind of use out of him will be to keep blockers off of him. He wont be sccessful as a rush LB but as a 4-3 will and being free to roam he will make plays.

I'm not sure he's really that similar to Maybin. Maybin is completely one-dimensional. He's primarily a 4-3 DE, but one who can play a 3-4 rush LB spot if necessary. In either case, he's a pass rusher and that's it. With Miller, you have a guy with the potential to develop an all-around game, and because of that added versatility, its much more difficult to know what to expect from Miller on any given play than Maybin. Since he's not as predictable, its easier for a DC to disguise how and when you use him as a rusher, and because of that, I think he could prove much more effective as a pass rusher than Maybin has.

But players like Troup and Carrington will not?

Am I the only person who thinks that he is incredibly small. The guy looked barely the size of a cornerback.

I don't know, but the guy just looks like he would get absorbed into guys at the next level

The Big 12 is no push over conference. He played against some pretty top notch talent in his years and some NFL ready players too. I just think he is a FOOTBALL player, one of those kind of guys. Like the Freeny's, Z. Thomas's, Singletary type of players. So his size doesn't bother me, he is kinda small but if we use him like we brought Maybin in here to do (but can't) is strictly rush the passer in his first year and grow as a OLB behind someone like Shawne, I think he is the best LB on the board.

The Big 12 is no push over conference. He played against some pretty top notch talent in his years and some NFL ready players too. I just think he is a FOOTBALL player, one of those kind of guys. Like the Freeny's, Z. Thomas's, Singletary type of players. So his size doesn't bother me, he is kinda small but if we use him like we brought Maybin in here to do (but can't) is strictly rush the passer in his first year and grow as a OLB behind someone like Shawne, I think he is the best LB on the board.

Quinn might disagree with that....and Quinn actually has some nice size.....

I admit it....I am maybin struck....von might end up being a terror but Maybin has me skittish about smallish defensive players

Quinn might disagree with that....and Quinn actually has some nice size.....

I admit it....I am maybin struck....von might end up being a terror but Maybin has me skittish about smallish defensive players

+1

No more LB-Saftey tweeners who get swallowed up or pushed away by OL with little difficulty. We need to get bigger.