Is Cameron Jordan the best player…

1billsfan

It's a pretty good year to be in the market for a 3-4 DE.

1. Nick Fairley probably going 1-3

2. Marcell Dareus 3-7

now things get interesting with the next three all over the board 8-25

3a. Cameron Jordan

3b. Adrian Clayborn

3c. J.J. Watt

next tier 20-32

4a Cameron Heyward

4b Allen Bailey

generally speaking 3-4 defensive ends are not picked real high and Fairley's Status and to a lessor extent Dareus status probably has more to due with their ability to play 4-3 DT than 3-4 DE- I didn't list DaQuan Bowers but he has enough size (6,4 280 and looks a little thin at that weight) to play a 3-4 DE, the more important aspect is the mental part of playing the unglamorous run contain aspect of a 3-4 DE as opposed to the glory you get from being a 4-3 sack happy RDE. The unglamorous nature of the position might be represented by Richard Seymour who while probably the best 3-4 DE the last ten years had 8 sacks twice and averaged 4.9 sacks over 10 seasons.

True. With all the hype he is still a 3-4 DE. Good Point.

On the other hand are Pass Rush and Rush D is so horrible we need the most impact-ful defensive player on the board when we pick.

It just may end up being Cam Jordan.

I think that he may end up around that bubble at 10 come draft day and should we pick him, i wont lose sleep, but i would be disappointed, because you dont get that many shots at a top 3 player. if we have him ranked in the top 3 on our draft board, then i fully support, but if we reached because we must get a DE-- no good. i dont think we are dominating at any position, and at 3 i want that impact. just a matter of if he is believed to be an impact player like that. i dont want to just fill the biggest hole, because frankly pretty much every unit on the field has big holes.

with my post i was just laughing that a guy with 4 years of video was suddenly jumping into the talks at 3 because of a good practice. i think this offseason work has to be looked at like a collection of work, not just good or bad days. im sure hes had outstanding, and poor games, and im sure he will have good and bad practices. if the good days continue to outweigh the bad then awesome, he can keep coming up the board, but i think it takes 3 months for him to earn his way into top 5 talks.

I am pretty impressed.

He has perfect size for a DE that can still play the run, excellent speed off the edge for his size, saw him work through some double-teams, holds his position well when moved to the middle and keeps blockers off him so he can still make a play to either side, longer arms and big hands that he uses well to shed blockers, solid tackler - good technique where he doesn't just try to knock guys down with his size rather he wraps up and drives them down or tosses them aside, great motor on all those clips - of course folks would need to look at full games to see if he takes plays off.

If the last point is not a concern this guy would fill that need that Maybin was supposed to - a speed rusher off the edge with enough power to shed blockers, but strong enough to play the run. I am not sure if some of the upper-echelon defensive players that project more to the interior of a front 4 are as big of a need with Troup and Kyle manning the middle. It will be an interesting draft, but I like more of what I see from this player than some of the ones I have seen touted as legit defensive overall 3rd picks.

the scary thing is his large frame which looks like it could put on even more muscle.

The Bills have a huge need at DE for the 3-4 or the 4-3. Jordan can go either way. I actually like him or JJ Watt, or Cam Heyward (Ohio State). Actually I will be satisfied if the Bills draft anyone with the first name of Cameron.

The Bills have a huge need at DE for the 3-4 or the 4-3. Jordan can go either way. I actually like him or JJ Watt, or Cam Heyward (Ohio State). Actually I will be satisfied if the Bills draft anyone with the first name of Cameron.

And with the third pick of the draft the Buffalo Bills pick Cameron..........................................................Diaz. Still happy? :devil: