The Real State of the Union 2011 - Top Ten List

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a stupid complaint. Explain everything in an hour's address to Congress?

After all these years, how much do you actually trust statements like that to be more than empty rhetoric?

And the government, as usual, has ****-all to do with it. Pent-up consumer demand from the past three years finally being released.

More rhetoric than anything else. One can always hope something comes of it.

Show US the facts that "its a given that companies all across the board are doing better than they have for the past few years... hell some would say past 6 years."

I think Paul Krugman said it, so it must be true.

The state of the [civil] union address was the gayest thing I've seen since I accidentally stumbled across an episode of Queer as Folk.

What's illuminating is that by any reasonable measure, Obama was all over the place and clearly has no !@#$ing idea what to do, yet the usual suspects still defend it to the hilt. It's not all his fault, but his "solutions" obviously didn't work. Those coming out to defend him now are just political homers who would stand by him through anything because their devotion to their party runs deeper than their inclination to logical thought.

I've heard the economic philosophy of laissez faire in great detail. I'm still waiting to hear the philosophy of spending yourself into prosperity. Anyone?

Those coming out to defend him now are just political homers who would stand by him through anything because their devotion to their party runs deeper than their inclination to logical thought.

pBills is having a Sputnik moment, take it easy on him today.

:lol:

What's illuminating is that by any reasonable measure, Obama was all over the place and clearly has no !@#$ing idea what to do,

I can't recall a SOTU that wasn't swerving all over the place. Like I said...they're glorified campaign speeches, nothing more.

I'm still waiting to hear the philosophy of spending yourself into prosperity. Anyone?

You're kidding, right? The entire American economy is based on consumer spending according to just that principle.

The state of the [civil] union address was the gayest thing I've seen since I accidentally stumbled across an episode of Queer as Folk.

What's illuminating is that by any reasonable measure, Obama was all over the place and clearly has no !@#$ing idea what to do, yet the usual suspects still defend it to the hilt. It's not all his fault, but his "solutions" obviously didn't work. Those coming out to defend him now are just political homers who would stand by him through anything because their devotion to their party runs deeper than their inclination to logical thought.

I've heard the economic philosophy of laissez faire in great detail. I'm still waiting to hear the philosophy of spending yourself into prosperity. Anyone?

You gotta spend money to make money.

Reminds me a lot of people here.

I can't recall a SOTU that wasn't swerving all over the place. Like I said...they're glorified campaign speeches, nothing more.

You're kidding, right? The entire American economy is based on consumer spending according to just that principle.

Right, consumer spending not government spending.

The government produces nothing, it syphons money from the economy and puts a portion back.

Exibit # 4,238

:lol:

I'll admit that I am a democrat... I will also listen to the opinions of others. I have never said the democratic way is 100% right or perfect.

I do love how some republicans here are die-hard right some days, other days they are tea party (republican light), other days independent and so on and so on.

I swear you are the enigma of the board. One moment you say something brilliant, the next I'm scratching my head wondering "is this guy !@#$ing with me?"

Consumers cannot live according to this principle because at some point their creditors will stop raising their "debt ceiling."

At least Bush took the initiative to tackle the big issues in his SOTU. Like steroids in baseball.

I swear you are the enigma of the board. One moment you say something brilliant, the next I'm scratching my head wondering "is this guy !@#$ing with me?"

Consumers cannot live according to this principle because at some point their creditors will stop raising their "debt ceiling."

At least Bush took the initiative to tackle the big issues in his SOTU. Like steroids in baseball.

Don't forget his nice shout-out to the subway rescue hero.

That's sort-of beside the point. I mean, yes you're right...but that doesn't change the observable fact that that's how the American consumer acts.

But my actual point was that you can't really claim to have never heard of the principle of spending yourself to prosperity, as even if you don't practice that yourself (a safe bet just on the principle that any randomly selected American acts like that), you're surrounded by people who do.

But never addressed bullying. The current epidemic of schoolyard and internet bullying is a direct result of the failed policies of the Bush Administration. [/Pelosi]

Don't forget his nice shout-out to the subway rescue hero.

Glorified campaign speech.

Can we just kill that "tradition" of inviting the latest newsworthy folk hero to the SOTU? Please?

The Progressive Plan? Come on... you have to admit that Michelle was clearly attempting to showboat and did not do very well. Sad on all levels. I guess you like her and think she was great. If I was a Republican I would be embarrassed by her.

LA has a titty obsession...all I can figure!

LA has a titty obsession...all I can figure!

The assumption that I am a big fan of conservative woman means I'm obsessed with breasts? Based on that premise, you and pBills being big fans of tall, black progressive male means you're obsessed with what exactly?

Not sure why, but I thought you were above the stereotypical pBills/birdog "she's a conservative woman so she must be a "chillingly scary," "drunk," "out-of-control aunt."

Gotta be tough to be a female progressive.