Safeties first

BRH

Think of this ... a week before last year's season opener our starting safeties were Pierson Prioleau and Izell Reese, with Coy Wire also in the mix.

For awhile at the beginning of this year, we had Reese and Wire out there, with Prioleau also in the mix, since Milloy was hurt and Rashad Baker hadn't yet come on.

Now we have Lawyer Milloy and Troy Vincent patrolling the middle of the field. Dare I say it's the best safety combination I've seen since Carnell Lake and Rod Woodson kicked ass and took names in Pittsburgh? These guys have a chance to be something special. And with McGee coming on (he seems to be picking off passes regularly now even though some of them are getting called back) and Clements playing at a Pro Bowl level, I wonder if we don't have the best secondary in the NFL right now.

We've come a long way, folks.

Think of this ... a week before last year's season opener our starting safeties were Pierson Prioleau and Izell Reese, with Coy Wire also in the mix.

For awhile at the beginning of this year, we had Reese and Wire out there, with Prioleau also in the mix, since Milloy was hurt and Rashad Baker hadn't yet come on.

Now we have Lawyer Milloy and Troy Vincent patrolling the middle of the field.  Dare I say it's the best safety combination I've seen since Carnell Lake and Rod Woodson kicked ass and took names in Pittsburgh?  These guys have a chance to be something special.  And with McGee coming on (he seems to be picking off passes regularly now even though some of them are getting called back) and Clements playing at a Pro Bowl level, I wonder if we don't have the best secondary in the NFL right now.

We've come a long way, folks.

158213[/snapback]

Yes we have. I hope we can keep it up. You couple that secondary with our nasty linebackers and line and we have something special right now. Let's keep rolling. :o

Milloy gave the D a boost it sorely needed when he came back, and it looks as if TV may be able to do the same thing...teams have to respect him out ther now and they cant just pick on the McGee/Baker side of the field...