Imagine seeing this walking around your neighborhood

Ive seen plenty of the Asian variety in the wild. Been within a few feet of them. Theyre harmless to people, they only eat things whole that can fit in their mouths. The ones Ive seen feeding were eating dead fish that had been washed ashore.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Before the 2nd cold snap we had Iguanas the same size through-out the county. I thought it was kind of cool.

Now these things Komodo Dragonsare a whole different story. Spotted a few of them as well ... they seem almost as large as an alligator but more solidly built and have a confident air about them. The one I saw had nothing else on his mind than sizing me up as a potential meal. Needless to say I didnt hang around for dinner.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Now these things Komodo Dragonsare a whole different story. Spotted a few of them as well ... they seem almost as large as an alligator but more solidly built and have a confident air about them. The one I saw had nothing else on his mind than sizing me up as a potential meal. Needless to say I didnt hang around for dinner.

They're bad news. They're venomous ! :o

Ive seen plenty of the Asian variety in the wild. Been within a few feet of them. Theyre harmless to people, they only eat things whole that can fit in their mouths. The ones Ive seen feeding were eating dead fish that had been washed ashore.

like that little rat dag in the background of that picture?? (sorry to all the small dof owners out there)

Yep I saw a discovery channel piece on these animals and they are bad MF'ers. They are strong, fast and agile. I would argue that crocs are probably a better overall predator but I would not wish to run across a Komodo who was looking to eat.

Looks like a Mammal like reptile from the Permian. Cool critter.

Yep I saw a discovery channel piece on these animals and they are bad MF'ers. They are strong, fast and agile. I would argue that crocs are probably a better overall predator but I would not wish to run across a Komodo who was looking to eat.

HA! No kidding. Like when Sharon Stone's husband got his foot nearly bitten off by one at the zoo?