Free pizza from Papa John's if....

Just Jack

I was down in Orlando back in November with the family & they had a Papa Johns there so we got it one night. I was really excited because I always see the commercials & it looks really good & they do not have one in WNY(at least not one by my house in Lancaster). Well we got it delivered to our condo & man was I disappointed. Did it suck. F Papa Johns.

I was down in Orlando back in November with the family & they had a Papa Johns there so we got it one night. I was really excited because I always see the commercials & it looks really good & they do not have one in WNY(at least not one by my house in Lancaster). Well we got it delivered to our condo & man was I disappointed. Did it suck. F Papa Johns.

really????? that bad. i almost dont believe it. i think its better than a lot of pizza places.

really????? that bad. i almost dont believe it. i think its better than a lot of pizza places.

It is like anything else, some are good, some are mediocre and some suck. Their base recipe is okay, better than say Pizza Hut or some such and depending on the franchise, might rise to slightly above mediocre.

I'm with you Clip. Is Buffalo/WNY small shop food better than franchise food? Absolutely - I would take Duff's/Anchor Bar/name a place in WNY with great wings, over Buffalo Wild Wings any day. I would take any pizza joint over Papa Johns/Dominos as well.

That said, I think there are some people on here that just want to sound cool saying how disgusting this or that is. Obviously it isn't so disgusting or it wouldn't be a nation-wide franchise. You people should honestly take a step back to see how ridiculous you sound...

Some of us are not fortunate enough to live on the east coast. With very few exceptions (like Pagliacci, for example), the Puget Sound's pizza situation is miserable. Chain restaurants like Papa John's and Dominos are unfortunately the closest you can get to something resembling a pizza.

People here demand "gourmet pizza" like this. Of course this completely ignores the fact that pizza is supposed to be cheap, somewhat greasy, and about as gourmet as a garbage plate. Not $16 for a personal size with truffles.

And the day it happens, there are going to be a lot of pissed off people since Super Bowl pools rarely take that possibility into account.

Yeah, we have the last payout as the game final as opposed to 4th quarter.

I'm with you Clip. Is Buffalo/WNY small shop food better than franchise food? Absolutely - I would take Duff's/Anchor Bar/name a place in WNY with great wings, over Buffalo Wild Wings any day. I would take any pizza joint over Papa Johns/Dominos as well.

That said, I think there are some people on here that just want to sound cool saying how disgusting this or that is. Obviously it isn't so disgusting or it wouldn't be a nation-wide franchise. You people should honestly take a step back to see how ridiculous you sound...

nice point.

ps. i love the pepperoncinis. (little ass green peppers) i gotta bite them, then take a big as drink of soda.

Some of us are not fortunate enough to live on the east coast. With very few exceptions (like Pagliacci, for example), the Puget Sound's pizza situation is miserable. Chain restaurants like Papa John's and Dominos are unfortunately the closest you can get to something resembling a pizza.

People here demand "gourmet pizza" like this. Of course this completely ignores the fact that pizza is supposed to be cheap, somewhat greasy, and about as gourmet as a garbage plate. Not $16 for a personal size with truffles.

there is this pizza place right on the corner of artesia and pch in hermosa beach, ca.

for like 6 bucks they had a soda and a big ass slice of that greasy pizza. really great stuff.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ps. i love the pepperoncinis. (little ass green peppers) i gotta bite them, then take a big as drink of soda.

Pepperoncinis are the best. I bite off the end of one, drain the juice over my pizza/sub/salad, then eat the rest. Delicious.

There has NEVER been a superbowl that has gone into overtime.

Which would seem to make its occurrence more likely as time goes on and it still hasn't happened. Someone pointed out it happens in only 4 or 5% of NFL games. So it would stand to reason that the Super Bowl is due for one.

I won't be bothering to sign up for the promotion though, because I agree with BillsPride, I'd rather just pay a few bucks and get a good pizza.

Ugh, I hate pizzas like that. Totally over thinking the whole process. I'm sure some of them are delicious, but they're not pizza and they're not what I want when I go for pizza. Of course neither is Papa John's, but there is a sweet spot in the middle.

Believe me, I do not think I am cool because I said Papa John's sucks. It was just not very good. I am no pizza expert & people have different tastes but it reminded me of Little Ceasars Pizza, which is not good either.

BTW, I was driving down Transit Saturday & there actually is a Papa John's on Transit & I believe Main St. I never knew.