Actual heights and weights...

These physical dimensions are actually as significant as any news coming out of Mobile this week.

Yes, too much emphasis is placed on heights and weights but like it or not, it is important to fans, media, and scouts alike. These "specifications" along with other measurables culled at the Combine will go a long way towards determining what round certain players are drafted in. Every team knew that Kyle Williams was a great football player with great intangibles. What they didn't know was whether his lack of ideal height and weight would enable him to succeed in the NFL. That's why our Pro Bowl defensive tackle was drafted in the 5th round.

As most serious fans know, all the previously published heights and weights can be almost completely disregarded…college programs typically increase the size of their players by inflating their listed heights and weights.

In fact, it's not at all uncommon for player heights to be exaggerated by 2 inches and their weights by 20 pounds.

What I also love about this chart/report is that there is a column for "notes" which is a description of body type which is JUST AS IMPORTANT IF NOT MORE IMPORTANT than height and weight (the capital letters are for those people who continue to look at Aaron Maybin's listed height and weight and still don't understand why he is considered small).

SO…

http://www.gbnreport.com/seniorbowlhtswts.html

Many have been wondering about players such as Casey Matthews, Ryan Kerrigan, Von Miller, Stephen Paea, Owen Maricic (The Senator) and others. Enjoy!

Note: For the purpose of this chart, players from both teams are combined and the chart is sorted by position.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Weigh-In.php

Here are someone elses notes. They seem to be more "in depth" yet equally creepy.

Guys I have read a lot about so far this week, and who pass the eye test seem to be:

Cameron Jordan DE from California 6'4⅛ 287lbs " Broad shoulders with long arms. Just BIG." - From all accounts, this guy has been dominating everyone ala BJ Raji from 2 years ago. Described as the perfect 5 tech by a few guys too. Maybe him at #3? (not in Moyock's top 5 Des but may play himself into the top 10)

Phil Taylor the NG from Baylor 6'3½ 337lbs " Carries size REAL well. Big man! Not flabby at all." - not too bad for 340lbs! (not in Moyock's top 5 DTs)

Brewster the OT from Indiana, 6'6'' 323lbs " Massive! Carries weight very very well." (not in Mayocks top 6 OTs, but may be playing himself into the 1st round)

Gabe Carimi Wisconsin 6'7⅛ 315lbs "Large and carries weight well, but soft belly. " (4th ranked OT per Mayock)

Christian Ballard DE/DT from Iowa 6'4⅛ 289lbs " Large but also athletic and rangy." (not in Moyock's top 5 DT/DEs)

Luke Stocker, TE from Tenn 6'5'' 255lbs, " Big frame, solid muscles, and room to get bigger." (3rd ranked TE per Mayock)

Lee Smith TE from Marshall 6'5⅞ 269lbs "Large and muscular with growth potential." - Practice notes have him as a diesel run blocker. (who?)

Mark Herzlich LB from Boston College 6'3⅝ 250 " Tall, rangy, and ripped. Big chest." (not in Mayocks top 5)

LB N53 Greg Jones Michigan State 5-11.7 240

Thick lower body

LB S40 Von Miller Texas A&M 6-2.5 237

Inch or so taller than expected; also has long arms

Can I hope this is our first 2 picks Miller at #3 Jones in the 2nd

Kelvin Sheppard

LSU

6-2.1

Very stout especially lower body

The emotional leader of the LSU football team … Had best year of his career, leading team and ranking third in the SEC with 103 total tackles … Added 8.5 tackles for loss, one sack and one interception … Had at least seven tackles in all but two games

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1116449

I like this guy in the 3rd.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

Thick lower body

237 & 240 lbs isn't getting bigger at LB as Nix has indicated he wants the team to become

Thick lower body

237 & 240 lbs isn't getting bigger at LB as Nix has indicated he wants the team to become

MattyT beat me to the punch. In this article linked in another thread, Nix states

We had gotten small around there -- 225- and 230-pound linebackers -- and it's hard to stop the run with that. We gotta get bigger.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article323639.ece

Being listed as even smaller than MAYBIN does not bode well for Miller. Not at #3 overall anyways.

Jones is already bigger then Poz and with sometime and his frame I would bet he will only get stronger. And Miller was not a 1 year wonder like Maybin and at 237 he is only 13 pounds lighter then Maybin I would bet that both will grow bigger after draft day when they are not worried about 40 times and trying to keep weight off for the scouts

Jones is already bigger then Poz and with sometime and his frame I would bet he will only get stronger. And Miller was not a 1 year wonder like Maybin and at 237 he is only 13 pounds lighter then Maybin I would bet that both will grow bigger after draft day when they are not worried about 40 times and trying to keep weight off for the scouts

maybin seems to be around 225 these days

Holy crap how are people talking about taking Miller at 3? He isn’t even a 1st round talent. He is small, weak, plays with poor leverage, and terrible technique. He wont be able to generate a pass rush vrs real NFL tackles and he couldn’t play the run vrs the Big 12. The guy reminds me of Maybin in play and stature. Buddy said we need to get bigger at LB but I don’t trust him for sh*t – he didn’t follow through on any of his promises from last year. Gailey is out talking about how great he thinks Miller is in interviews. I get a terrible feeling we are going to add this guy and of course he is going to bust just like our last 10 1# picks.

Man I feel like I am taking crazy pills. Can anyone else see what I see? Its not difficult for petes sake, its as obvious as a kick in the nuts.

Holy crap how are people talking about taking Miller at 3? He isn’t even a 1st round talent. He is small, weak, plays with poor leverage, and terrible technique. He wont be able to generate a pass rush vrs real NFL tackles and he couldn’t play the run vrs the Big 12. The guy reminds me of Maybin in play and stature. Buddy said we need to get bigger at LB but I don’t trust him for sh*t – he didn’t follow through on any of his promises from last year. Gailey is out talking about how great he thinks Miller is in interviews. I get a terrible feeling we are going to add this guy and of course he is going to bust just like our last 10 1# picks.

Man I feel like I am taking crazy pills. Can anyone else see what I see? Its not difficult for petes sake, its as obvious as a kick in the nuts.

He's gotta be doing that to throw people off. Vonn Miller would be a disaster pick. Maybin + MIller = one LB. Buddy says get big!!!!!

Write it down, Von Miller will not go to Buffalo @ #3. If we trade back into the 7-12 range then maybe. I think Buddy and Chan are going to pick Dareus, Bowers, or Peterson. I really do believe those are the options right now.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Weigh-In.php

Here are someone elses notes. They seem to be more "in depth" yet equally creepy.

Guys I have read a lot about so far this week, and who pass the eye test seem to be:

Cameron Jordan DE from California 6'4⅛ 287lbs " Broad shoulders with long arms. Just BIG." - From all accounts, this guy has been dominating everyone ala BJ Raji from 2 years ago. Described as the perfect 5 tech by a few guys too. Maybe him at #3? (not in Moyock's top 5 Des but may play himself into the top 10)

Phil Taylor the NG from Baylor 6'3½ 337lbs " Carries size REAL well. Big man! Not flabby at all." - not too bad for 340lbs! (not in Moyock's top 5 DTs)

Brewster the OT from Indiana, 6'6'' 323lbs " Massive! Carries weight very very well." (not in Mayocks top 6 OTs, but may be playing himself into the 1st round)

Gabe Carimi Wisconsin 6'7⅛ 315lbs "Large and carries weight well, but soft belly. " (4th ranked OT per Mayock)

Christian Ballard DE/DT from Iowa 6'4⅛ 289lbs " Large but also athletic and rangy." (not in Moyock's top 5 DT/DEs)

Luke Stocker, TE from Tenn 6'5'' 255lbs, " Big frame, solid muscles, and room to get bigger." (3rd ranked TE per Mayock)

Lee Smith TE from Marshall 6'5⅞ 269lbs "Large and muscular with growth potential." - Practice notes have him as a diesel run blocker. (who?)

Mark Herzlich LB from Boston College 6'3⅝ 250 " Tall, rangy, and ripped. Big chest." (not in Mayocks top 5)

Yeah, Jordan and Ballard are not the Maylock Top 5 list, but after Practice today, MM mentioned these two as among the few that really impressed him so far this week. They are wreaking havoc on the Olinemen in one-on-ones.

Carimi looks really good, as does Nate Solder. Do we really not need a top tackle at #3 because they guys are good?

Yeah, Jordan and Ballard are not the Maylock Top 5 list, but after Practice today, MM mentioned these two as among the few that really impressed him so far this week. They are wreaking havoc on the Olinemen in one-on-ones.

Carimi looks really good, as does Nate Solder. Do we really not need a top tackle at #3 because they guys are good?

Carimi is the classes best tackle bar none. That said he is a RT and actually has gotten most of his work at LG at the Senior Bowl, which he ahs done well at too I guess.

I saw two games of Soldier this year and he looks like Frankenstein out there. He couldn’t bend, couldn’t move, couldn’t block. Why is he talked about as a top LT? I have no idea. I haven’t heard anything good about him at the Senior Bowl, the only thing I did hear is that Ryan Kerrigan dominated him multiple times in 1 v 1s, while until that point Kerrigan had been a HUGE disappointment. Whats that say about Soldier?

The guy I am intrigued with is Brewster from Indiana. I have never seen him play but the reports have him as a massive road grader who can really move well in pass protection. Im interested to see how he does in the game and I am hoping he can be our RT at 34.