Any one use MSG in food?

By definition salt is a chemical [even "sea salt"-where do you think all salt comes from you morons? :wallbash: ] I think Booster and Dean are more the paint thiner types.

Salt is natural. MSG is frankenfood that tricks your brain into thinking something tastes better then it does. Like other have mentioned it can be a trigger for migraines, and some have adverse reactions when ingesting it. I think it is irresponsible and reckless for restaraunts to put msg in food and not tell clientle. And if you know how to cook you don't need MSG. MSG tries to replicate glutamites and tries synthetically to mimic umami flavor. If you want to experience umami naturally, try this experiment. Mix mayo with a dash of dijon in two dishes. In one add a little soy sauce. Taste both, and try and pick up the soy flavor in the second. You will not be able to- it alchemizes into umami flavor. That is what MSG tries to taste like

Salt is natural. MSG is frankenfood that tricks your brain into thinking something tastes better then it does. Like other have mentioned it can be a trigger for migraines, and some have adverse reactions when ingesting it. I think it is irresponsible and reckless for restaraunts to put msg in food and not tell clientle. And if you know how to cook you don't need MSG. MSG tries to replicate glutamites and tries synthetically to mimic umami flavor. If you want to experience umami naturally, try this experiment. Mix mayo with a dash of dijon in two dishes. In one add a little soy sauce. Taste both, and try and pick up the soy flavor in the second. You will not be able to- it alchemizes into umami flavor. That is what MSG tries to taste like

What he said. But be sure to use real soy and not the synthetic Kikapoojoyjuice crap. Better yet perhaps, use tamari.

By definition salt is a chemical [even "sea salt"-where do you think all salt comes from you morons? :wallbash: ] I think Booster and Dean are more the paint thiner types.

LMAO, says the guy who can barely spell. You misspell words on a regular basis, after a while it becomes clear you are almost illiterate, not just having keyboard issues.

Edit - I should also mention you are a partisan hack of the first order. Like LA, only dumb.

Edited by Booster4324

I doubt if most people really know how much MSG they ingest. It's in nearly all processed foods [from chips to Chile].

I realize that. I am not blaming obesity soley on it. Yet, we do have issues... Serious issues in our society when it comes to eating and obsesity especially in the last 50 years and getting worse.

This is the reason I made my comments... To get people to critically think.

Just having a discussion with a co-worker... We have come to the conclusion that people need smaller portions when eating... Talking about years earlier and how everything seems to be getting bigger and bigger.

Why put something in your food that will enhance the flavor and make SOME want to eat more. Some may be doing this subconsciously... That is eating more because the flavor tastes good to them.

Notice, I said SOME. What I mean is not all may have the will power to combat such problem conscientiously. Not everyone has the snobbish iron-will as say a Chef Jim... Or just the plain will power as a JiA... :P

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I realize that. I am not blaming obesity soley on it. Yet, we do have issues... Serious issues in our society when it comes to eating and obsesity especially in the last 50 years and getting worse.

This is the reason I made my comments... To get people to critically think.

I think that has more to do with sugar then MSG.