What's the difference between

BeastMode54

They are just as much of a small market team as us, if not even more so, yet they consistently mae the playoffs and seem to have money to pay players. Woodson, Rodgers, Mathews, Raji, Jennings, Driver, etc. What is it with our team that makes it so much more difficult to be successful I understand we have been horrible in the draft, but why can they spend and we can't? I don't truly believe all the Ralph is cheap talk. There are some REALLY good FA's out there this year that if we were able to get just two of them our team would be completely different. Why is it the same nonsense every damn year? I don't get it

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are just as much of a small market team as us, if not even more so, yet they consistently mae the playoffs and seem to have money to pay players. Woodson, Rodgers, Mathews, Raji, Jennings, Driver, etc. What is it with our team that makes it so much more difficult to be successful I understand we have been horrible in the draft, but why can they spend and we can't? I don't truly believe all the Ralph is cheap talk. There are some REALLY good FA's out there this year that if we were able to get just two of them our team would be completely different. Why is it the same nonsense every damn year? I don't get it

Correct me if I'm wrong but Woodson was the only FA.

Draft ngata, Matthews and a functional qb instead of whitner, maybin and losman and we wouldve been much better.

Nix IS a heavily praised personnel man, though. And that's why he's our GM. Hopefully our drafting improves under him but I'm afraid he may be oh-for-1 so far on drafts. Hopefully that was just first draft jitters and he starts to rake from now on.

I know that those plaers were drafted but they are spending a ton of money on them due to their high draft status

And we're spending a ton of money on Whitner, Maybin, Spiller, etc...

I know that those plaers were drafted but they are spending a ton of money on them due to their high draft status

Like it or not, were spending a ton on our roster too. Maybin, whitner losman, Evans, spiller, mckelvin, dockery, schobel, kelsay.... Just not getting the same value

Edited by NoSaint

Like it or not, were spending a ton on our roster too. Maybin, whitner losman, Evans, spiller, mckelvin, dockery, schobel, kelsay.... Just not getting the same value

Sigh.....I know. Just frustrates the crap out of me. I really hope we have a good draft and maybe get at least 1 top notch FA. I like Nix but what kills me about him is he says, correctly, that you build through the draft. But you can't JUST build through the draft. I don't think they will go after any FA's that are high salary guys and that's what really bothers me. Less risk in proven players

Lets see...stable President and CEO...committing to a coaching staff etc...drafting an elite QB and not pinning one's hopes on 7th round pick from Harvard who throws 23 TD's and wows our fanbase because our QB play has been putrid so we will take anything we can get...

They do not have a 90+ meddling owner with cronies who pull his strings all for the sake of profit...they don't patchwork an OL together..they do not build their team from the outside in like the Bills do but from the inside out...

Shall I go on?

Lets see...stable President and CEO...committing to a coaching staff etc...drafting an elite QB and not pinning one's hopes on 7th round pick from Harvard who throws 23 TD's and wows our fanbase because our QB play has been putrid so we will take anything we can get...

They do not have a 90+ meddling owner with cronies who pull his strings all for the sake of profit...they don't patchwork an OL together..they do not build their team from the outside in like the Bills do but from the inside out...

Shall I go on?

+1

Ding!!!

Keep in mind that the Bills helped GB get to the Superbowl, indirectly. Remember when we drafted Losman? Word around the league was that the Packers wanted him and would've taken him next.

If they had done that, no Rodgers the next season. And who knows where the Packers would be now? It just shows what a crapshoot the draft is.

Keep in mind that the Bills helped GB get to the Superbowl, indirectly. Remember when we drafted Losman? Word around the league was that the Packers wanted him and would've taken him next.

If they had done that, no Rodgers the next season. And who knows where the Packers would be now? It just shows what a crapshoot the draft is.

or who knows what losman is with 3 years behind favre. maybe it teaches him a thing or two, maybe he blows a gasket with the retire, unretire nonsense.

maybe favre is still in greenbay.

funny how one pick can change the landscape of the nfl.

Differences between the Green Bay Packers and the Buffalo Bills:

1. One team has an elite, superstar QB that will make them contenders for a decade.

2. One team has a generally competent front office, and one team is run by someone who likely can't control their own excretory functions.

#1- the Bills are no longer a "small" market. including toronto we are the 4th largest.

#2- the difference is in picking talent...plain and simple.

They don't really spend that much. Except for Woodson, all those players were drafted and homegrown. Bills just suck at drafting.

Look at the 1st round picks over the last 6 years:

Buffalo - Whitner, McCargo, Lynch, McKelvin, Maybin, Wood, Spiller

Green Bay - Aaron Rodgers, AJ Hawk, Justin Farrell, BJ Raji, Clay Matthews, Bryan Bulaga

Conclusion: The Bills have been the master of their own demise. Green Bay has succeeded because they pick better. The Bills could have had the starting right tackle in Bulaga but they preferred Spiller. They chose Maybin ahead of Matthews!

What wins in the NFL?

Talent.

Talented owners, talented GM's, talented coaches and talented players. The Bills fail on all counts.