RIP Jack LaLanne

I really thought this guy was gonna out-live me, and I'm 38!

RIP, Sir...

No joke, I am 29 and this guy is amazing. Jack LaLanne is the man. I used to wake up in high school and workout with him in the morning when they'd show him on ESPN Classic. This guy is just wow.

Also, I own his juicer, my brother took it and won't give it back. I recommend it, it's great. I got it on a whim, it's a little expensive to get the fruit, but it's great. You can use the left over pulp in muffins or pancakes, too.

No joke, I am 29 and this guy is amazing. Jack LaLanne is the man. I used to wake up in high school and workout with him in the morning when they'd show him on ESPN Classic. This guy is just wow.

Also, I own his juicer, my brother took it and won't give it back. I recommend it, it's great. I got it on a whim, it's a little expensive to get the fruit, but it's great. You can use the left over pulp in muffins or pancakes, too.

I've been meaning to get one of those for quite a while....I may need to finally pull the trigger to buy one in Jack's honor :thumbsup:

I've been meaning to get one of those for quite a while....I may need to finally pull the trigger to buy one in Jack's honor :thumbsup:

To any who are considering, look online for best prices; I imagine there will be a spike in sales with his passing, though.

Defiantely get the fancier one, with the pour spout that goes up, Otherwise, you will have drips for about 3 or 4 minutes after done. It's a very low-maintenance machine.

It comes apart and everything is machine washable except the motor part which does not get dirty.

Now here is the question. JL died not that much later than most... Maybe 10,15, 20 years later. Was it worth all that work? ;) ;)

Surely I jest... But really, look at Ralph Wilson... Did he have to go through all that trouble keeping his body "in shape."

RIP: JL!

That's not what matters, LaLanne is still in such great shape he has dug his own plot, in pure granite, while dragging his coffin by his own teeth to the plot.

Now here is the question. JL died not that much later than most... Maybe 10,15, 20 years later. Was it worth all that work? ;) ;)

Surely I jest... But really, look at Ralph Wilson... Did he have to go through all that trouble keeping his body "in shape."

RIP: JL!

Now that you've mentioned it, EI2, Bob Hope lived to 100 and - for exercise - did little more than golf. George Burns made to the century mark doing even less, pretty much smoking cigars and drinking martinis - which begs the question...

Is juice really that much healthier than a good martini? :beer:

When I was a growing kid on the verge of playing sports, before fitness became a craze, there was Jack LaLanne. Before there were extensive fitness stores and exercise web sites, there was what little you could find in the library and Jack LaLanne reruns - teaching fitness without the expense. What Jack LaLanne was teaching way back when in those black and white episodes, still holds true today. I don't know about Ralph or George Burns but I know Bob Hope wasn't exactly with it in his last years but at least he did have a long life surrounded by a lot of friends. I would rather be a healthy me than an unhealthy me! The fitness habits that I learned long ago, I still use today.

Thanks for keeping us working out Jack LaLanne!

When I was a growing kid on the verge of playing sports, before fitness became a craze, there was Jack LaLanne. Before there were extensive fitness stores and exercise web sites, there was what little you could find in the library and Jack LaLanne reruns - teaching fitness without the expense. What Jack LaLanne was teaching way back when in those black and white episodes, still holds true today. I don't know about Ralph or George Burns but I know Bob Hope wasn't exactly with it in his last years but at least he did have a long life surrounded by a lot of friends. I would rather be a healthy me than an unhealthy me! The fitness habits that I learned long ago, I still use today.

Thanks for keeping us working out Jack LaLanne!

+1

My co-workers who have stayed in shape and eat right are still going strong. There are others my age who have dropped dead from heart attacks, or who have serious health issue like Type-2 Diabetes. Ya gotta take care of yo self!