12/22 starters are going to 3rd Super Bowll in 6 years

1B4IDie

Newsflash the Bills strugle to identify and keep talent the Steelers do not.

Pittsburgh is an extremely well-run organization that is dedicated to winning. Ralph is just concerned with keeping fans interested and hopeful enough to turn a profit.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2005_roster.htm

Who do you wish was still starting from that roster? Jason Peters, London Fletcher, and Nate Clements are the only names that jump out at me.

A cb trio of Clements, McGee and Greer. Evans, peters, Fletcher. I could deal with schobel and kelsay with that secondary and some talent at DT. Could do worse then mcgahee. Parrish would still be a good slot and returner.

In an ideal world losman would have made the qb position and by proxy every other position much better. That's really the key.

Milloy played on a playoff team, as did wire. Tko contributes to the 9ers last I knew- doesn't say a ton though.

I'm not saying there all great but I'm also saying we shouldn't replace our whole roster every other year.

Edited by NoSaint

A cb trio of Clements, McGee and Greer. Evans, peters, Fletcher. I could deal with schobel and kelsay with that secondary and some talent at DT. Could do worse then mcgahee. Parrish would still be a good slot and returner.

In an ideal world losman would have made the qb position and by proxy every other position much better. That's really the key.

Milloy played on a playoff team, as did wire. Tko contributes to the 9ers last I knew- doesn't say a ton though.

I'm not saying there all great but I'm also saying we shouldn't replace our whole roster every other year.

This is what happens when you have four GMs (Donahoe, Levy, Brandon/Jauron, Nix) and four coaches (Greggo, Mularkey, Jauron, and Chan) in ten years.

Bad drafting + constant turnover = Losing Football

And we had them beat if Stevie doesnt drop that ball. Key to Steelers is LBs and being able to run the ball. BTW is that a failed LT of ours starting for them?

I bet the Ravens wouldn't have minded if Stevie caught that ball. It could have changed the whole outlook of the playoffs, with the Steelers having to play on the road for all of January unless they ran into the Jets.

BTW, I would call Roethlisberger and Polamalu key to the Steelers, too. JMO.

The failed LT, Jonathan Scott, is still not a good LT.

This is so true - if I remeber correctly the Stillers have had only 3 coaches in something like 30 years. Good schemes, stability and a GM who is aligned with the coach will do wonders for a franchise.

Your pining for the Donahoe - Levy - Brandon GM days? Were you living under a rock the past decade? The teams, talent, coaches and FO sucked. Some good individuals in each area but overall SUCK! You do what you want but I'm looking forward not back.

Edited by Green Lightning

This is what happens when you have four GMs (Donahoe, Levy, Brandon/Jauron, Nix) and four coaches (Greggo, Mularkey, Jauron, and Chan) in ten years.

Definitely. But the owner has selected all of those GM's with the main criteria being that he knew them after the Donahoe years. Ironically, TD's teams combined to go 31-49 from 01-05. RW's picks at GM combined to go...31-49 in 5 seasons. This time around, Buffalo's already made their changes at the top, so I guess no one gets the ax now. Perpetual rebuilding to follow.

Edited by BillsVet

Your pining for the Donahoe - Levy - Brandon GM days? Were you living under a rock the past decade? The teams, talent, coaches and FO sucked. Some good individuals in each area but overall SUCK! You do what you want but I'm looking forward not back.

im not pining, im saying not every player kept has to be a probowler. currently we let probowlers walk as they are too expensive, and let average guys walk because they are not probowlers.... atleast thats what this board calls for. im saying if we keep fletcher instead of poz, or even in addition to poz, our team is better today. if we keep greer, similarly our team is better. im just saying, most good teams ADD to talent, instead of REPLACING talent. if the addition so far dwarfs the original that we dont need them, then let them walk. we let them walk and then look for the replacement, no?