Book Recomendations

/dev/null

I neglected to recommend another easy but fascinating Rome book: A Day in the Life of Ancient Rome. The author starts at sun up and walks through an average day (for a wealthy person) until sun down. He takes a few chapters here and there to reflect on the conditions of more and less wealthy people but it's great in its attention to detail from taking a dump to putting on makeup to food specifics.

If you like history mixed with humor, this is a good one (so far anyway; I'm about 2/3 through)

Lost Continent

Any Bill Bryson book is a pretty funny read. Lost Continent was the first book of his that I read, and I laughed uncontrollably when I read about his father and the forced vacations in the car. Brought back a bunch of good childhood memories.

Now that I've seen your post, I think I'll read it again.

Edited by BB27

The light books by Bryson are funny--albiet light.

His Brief History of Nearly Everything, however, is an incredible accomplishment. He condenses the universe timeline from the Big Bang to us into an easy-to-understand read that covers much of the science behind everything that got us to arrive here on earth.

Even its scientific faults (some of his Gould evolution stories are off) can be forgiven in view of the massive undertaking he accomplished. If there's an easier to read but accurate book about science from quantum physics to evolution to biology, I can't imagine what it is.

The light books by Bryson are funny--albiet light.

His Brief History of Nearly Everything, however, is an incredible accomplishment. He condenses the universe timeline from the Big Bang to us into an easy-to-understand read that covers much of the science behind everything that got us to arrive here on earth.

Even its scientific faults (some of his Gould evolution stories are off) can be forgiven in view of the massive undertaking he accomplished. If there's an easier to read but accurate book about science from quantum physics to evolution to biology, I can't imagine what it is.

I also found that his sense of humor came across loud and clear in the book and made what could have been boring subjects interesting and fun. This is another Bill Bryson book that I will have to put in my "to read again" pile!

Probably calendars of semi-nude firemen and farmers.....:lol:

:lol: No calendars. Books involving cowboys and fireman. :thumbsup: "Cowboy Trouble" comes to mind. :lol:

To Serve Man

:ph34r:

Uh...no...they serve me!! :devil:

A cook book?

Nah, I make up my own recipes. I only cook for fun. Dessert any one?? :w00t:

Best repsonse----+1

............or the national Enquire, and Cosmo?

Uh, those aren't books. :nana: Pure trash.

Kama Sutra?

Actually, I would recommend this book! It's excellent...good read! :flirt: