Renting a movie tonight

stevestojan

Watching Easy A now. It totally sucks. Like, really crappy movie man. It is on a whole new level of suckitude. My wife is making me watch it. I feel really, well, emasculated, dirty, used. HELP

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read a what? :blink:

Is there an app for that? :unsure:

Yeah - Kindle. :P

Also not a comedy (sorry), but "Let the Right Ones In" is excellent. I haven't seen the American remake though.

I'm always fond of Galaxy Quest, Meet the Fockers, and Starship Troopers for a good comedy.

Yeah - Kindle. :P

Also not a comedy (sorry), but "Let the Right Ones In" is excellent. I haven't seen the American remake though.

I'm always fond of Galaxy Quest, Meet the Fockers, and Starship Troopers for a good comedy.

Galaxy Quest was great...the scene where they are attacked by those rocks had me rollin'

We just watched Winter's Bone and... yep.. my initial pre-watch impression was spot on. It is very well done and acted all that jazz. But, entirely too slow-paced and melancholy for my tastes. Not a single person smiled in the entire movie. If I'm that chick, I would have shot my self to escape the depression of my life.

Yeah, I hear ya. Not exactly a barrel of laughs lol. I didn't feel it lived up to all the hype, but I was probably more in the mood for that type of movie than you were lol. It's like the ASsassination of Jesse James...I know a lot of people who hated that film because it was too slow, whereas I absolutely loved it.

Netflix is such a ridiculous value with the streaming that it's just absurd...and the PQ is really damn good now, assuming you have a half decent internet connection.

Netflix is awesome. I stream through a PS3, about half the movies and shows are in HD and a subset of those have 5.1. It's the best value going for less than $10 a month.

Netflix is awesome. I stream through a PS3, about half the movies and shows are in HD and a subset of those have 5.1. It's the best value going for less than $10 a month.

It really is...it costs me more that that for ONE damn ticket to the movies lol. I'm going on nine years of being a satisfied Netflix customer and looking forward to the next nine! :thumbsup:

Frenemies was absolutely terrible (Frenemys?) - whatever the movie was - don't rent it. It has Zach Galifonakis on the cover which is very misleading. His cameo is 10 minutes long.

I recommend The Social Network, Buffalo 66, Machete, Black Dynamite to name a few...

Black Dynamite was AWESOME!! :thumbsup:

"Keep it down, man....you're gon' wake up the rest of the bitches" :w00t:

Can't wait to see Machete

You may have already seen it, but one of the funniest movies to come out in some time is "Tropic Thunder." Even if you've seen it, it's still 10X funnier than anything that's been released since it first came out.

Funny you say that...I'm drinking some Booty Sweat right now!!

:lol:

The written description is hilarious!

I'm not going to name names (it wasn't Lana, just as a disclaimer...lol), but the person I saw this movie just didn't get the humor, and it was a pretty awkward experience for me. I really need to see it again, cause even though I've caught it in bits and pieces on cable since the theatrical release, I haven't really been able to fully appreciate it in a comfortable environment. A lot of the humor in this film was VERY witty, and I think it was lost on some folks. This was a VERY funny movie!

Edited by ajzepp

The Town really was a good movie. I'm trying Buried tonight.

I am looking forward to watching "Buried", I waited for that maovie to get a release in my area and it never came. Got it coming in netflix though.

I recently saw "The Town", and yes it was good, but I thought the ending was so pretentious and stupid. I would say why, but I do not want to leave spoilers.

As far as Ben Affleck directed movies go, I thought "Gone, Baby Gone" was a better movie.

I'm not going to name names (it wasn't Lana, just as a disclaimer...lol), but the person I saw this movie just didn't get the humor, and it was a pretty awkward experience for me. I really need to see it again, cause even though I've caught it in bits and pieces on cable since the theatrical release, I haven't really been able to fully appreciate it in a comfortable environment. A lot of the humor in this film was VERY witty, and I think it was lost on some folks. This was a VERY funny movie!

Even if you don't get the movie, I don't know how you can't find Downey's and Cruise's performances absolutely !@#$ing hilarious. My wife hates that movie, but still watches it just for those two.

Although for me, the pyrotechincian is the funniest role in the movie. "I don't know what it's called, I only know the sound it makes when it lies..."

"I know who I am!! I'm the dude playing the dude, disguised as another dude!!!" :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xerMz8aqTn4&feature=related

Oh yeah, I forgot, "never go full retard!!"

BTW If you like Will Farrell, I recommend Step Brothers. Even better if you're baked!

Edited by b.harami98

Even if you don't get the movie, I don't know how you can't find Downey's and Cruise's performances absolutely !@#$ing hilarious. My wife hates that movie, but still watches it just for those two.

Although for me, the pyrotechincian is the funniest role in the movie. "I don't know what it's called, I only know the sound it makes when it lies..."

:lol: Exactly...I can't wait to see this again :thumbsup:

"I know who I am!! I'm the dude playing the dude, disguised as another dude!!!" :lol:

youtube.com/watch?v=xerMz8aqTn4&feature=related

Oh yeah, I forgot, "never go full retard!!"

BTW If you like Will Farrell, I recommend Step Brothers. Even better if you're baked!

Thank you for clearing my name. Was it your girlfriend that leaves love notes for you on Facebook all the time? :lol: