Renting a movie tonight

stevestojan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was disappointed with The Other Guys, too. This one isn't a comedy, but last night I saw "Winter's Bone"....it's received quite a bit of critical acclaim and I thought it was pretty good.

Toy Story 3 was really good....

The Town was excellent...

Scott Pilgrim was, um, different...and entertaining.

The Social Network is supposed to be excellent...

But for some reason, the movie I want to recommend to you is...."Moon". It's not a comedy, but it's one of my favorite films of the last year or so :thumbsup:

I was disappointed with The Other Guys, too. This one isn't a comedy, but last night I saw "Winter's Bone"....it's received quite a bit of critical acclaim and I thought it was pretty good.

But for some reason, the movie I want to recommend to you is...."Moon". It's not a comedy, but it's one of my favorite films of the last year or so :thumbsup:

The Town really was a good movie. I'm trying Buried tonight.

I didn't mind The Other Guys so much. It's not great, but had some decent moments. It's a Will Farrell comedy (although I thought he was toned down a little). So, you pretty much know what you're getting.

The Town, I agree. Good movie and very much enjoyed it.

Scott Pilgrim. Different, but entertaining is a good description. IMO. I liked it, but it's certainly a different kind of movie. A little odd, but you somehow keep watching it to see what's going to happen.

Social Network - saw that last week. Good movie. Watch it.

We rented Buried last night. Didn't care much for it. It's an interesting idea for a movie. It kinds held my interest. But, by about half way through.. I just found myself calling the guy an idiot. Not to give anything away, but some of the scenes were like.. really? really? And I was cussing. So, in the end... I didn't like it.

Tonight we got Winter Bone. I'm not optimistic, despite the hype. I'm expecting a rather slow, let's all stand around and talk, but no one really do anything movie that ends in some half-baked climax scene that leaves me thinking I'm just glad it's over, now I can watch Ancient Aliens.

Debbie Does Dallas :devil:

I'd also recommend getting streaming Netflix :worthy:

Netflix is such a ridiculous value with the streaming that it's just absurd...and the PQ is really damn good now, assuming you have a half decent internet connection.

I bought one of those Roku boxes to play around with...so far I love it! That was how I saw Winter's Bone last night, except I streamed that from Amazon, not Netflix. I love this technology :thumbsup:

I didn't mind The Other Guys so much. It's not great, but had some decent moments. It's a Will Farrell comedy (although I thought he was toned down a little). So, you pretty much know what you're getting.

The Town, I agree. Good movie and very much enjoyed it.

Scott Pilgrim. Different, but entertaining is a good description. IMO. I liked it, but it's certainly a different kind of movie. A little odd, but you somehow keep watching it to see what's going to happen.

Social Network - saw that last week. Good movie. Watch it.

We rented Buried last night. Didn't care much for it. It's an interesting idea for a movie. It kinds held my interest. But, by about half way through.. I just found myself calling the guy an idiot. Not to give anything away, but some of the scenes were like.. really? really? And I was cussing. So, in the end... I didn't like it.

Tonight we got Winter Bone. I'm not optimistic, despite the hype. I'm expecting a rather slow, let's all stand around and talk, but no one really do anything movie that ends in some half-baked climax scene that leaves me thinking I'm just glad it's over, now I can watch Ancient Aliens.

Let me know what you think of Winter's Bone...it's not fast paced at all, but I thought it was very well done. The acting was very good, too.

I have buried on my list, too...I hope I enjoy it more than Dan did lol

lol, is that one good? I have it in my queue

See Dan's reply. I watched it because it was available to me for free. I wanted to see what all the hype was, and wanted to see more graphic images because it sounded so crazy - but it is truly and independent film that was not that great.

In other words, it was jut a bunch of gay cowboys sitting around eating pudding.

I really enjoy comedies. Rented "Dinner for Scmhucks". Almost turned it off halfway through.. Any good suggestions?

Yeah. Read a book.

Salt was no good

Salt was so damned bad that I can't remember a single thing about it. Some movies are so bad they become cult classics, some are so bad they become lengendary (e.g. Ishtar, or Gigli), some are so bad they're enjoyable as parodies of themselves (e.g. Hudson Hawk). Salt is the only movie I've ever seen that was so bad it was literally unmemorable.

Yeah. Read a book.

Salt was so damned bad that I can't remember a single thing about it. Some movies are so bad they become cult classics, some are so bad they become lengendary (e.g. Ishtar, or Gigli), some are so bad they're enjoyable as parodies of themselves (e.g. Hudson Hawk). Salt is the only movie I've ever seen that was so bad it was literally unmemorable.

Ishtar LOL...I can't remember the film at all, but I know there was one scene that made me laugh so hard that I almost passed out.

Let me know what you think of Winter's Bone...it's not fast paced at all, but I thought it was very well done. The acting was very good, too.

We just watched Winter's Bone and... yep.. my initial pre-watch impression was spot on. It is very well done and acted all that jazz. But, entirely too slow-paced and melancholy for my tastes. Not a single person smiled in the entire movie. If I'm that chick, I would have shot my self to escape the depression of my life.