Keith Olberman out at MSNBC

FOX should hire him whenever his non-compete expires.

No, I'm being serious. Can you imagine the ratings for Hannity/O'Reilly/Greta, the nights he went on as a "Fox News Contributor"?

The only problem is: I'm not sure he could go toe to toe with any of them. And, I'm not sure he could actually contribute anything, or do it better than Juan Williams or Bob Beckel or Kirsten Powers.

If nothing else, it would stick in the craw of Media Matters, and that alone makes it worth doing. :D

FOX should hire him whenever his non-compete expires.

No, I'm being serious. Can you imagine the ratings for Hannity/O'Reilly/Greta, the nights he went on as a "Fox News Contributor"?

The only problem is: I'm not sure he could go toe to toe with any of them. And, I'm not sure he could actually contribute anything, or do it better than Juan Williams or Bob Beckel or Kirsten Powers.

If nothing else, it would stick in the craw of Media Matters, and that alone makes it worth doing. :D

Ya know, its not the dumbest idea Ive ever heard. Would go far to establish "fair and balanced" for real, would bascially END all the Fox bashers gnashing their teeth, would send the liberal establishment into a complete tizzy and would actually give Olbermann a ton more credibility, for going into the "lion's den" like that. And yeah...seeing Hannity and Beck and O'Reilly go head to head with him would be preety good.

Wont ever happen.

Two of my favorite things about Keith Olberman:

Him playing the tape of the Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonator on Stern saying he wanted to blow up the moon.

That Tucker Carlson owns http://www.keitholbermann.com/. I think Tucker is actually pretty funny - he is on Bubba The Love Sponge often and has some pretty interesting takes on life and the things that he does.

The only people watching Olbermann were Rush's and Hannity's producers. Those guys put more eyes on Olbermann than he got himself.

I suspect you're just being sarcastic, but he is a HuffPost/DailyKos demi-god. Go to the Huffington Post and read the comments below the story. He has a massive progressive following...which I understand is like saying Bill Nye has a massive global warming following, but you get my point.

I suspect you're just being sarcastic, but he is a HuffPost/DailyKos demi-god. Go to the Huffington Post and read the comments below the story. He has a massive progressive following...which I understand is like saying Bill Nye has a massive global warming following, but you get my point.

32,000 comments? I didn't believe that many people knew who he was.

First time I ever Goggled HP. I got a kick that under their main page is a sub listing for Palin. Lot of Hedd's out there apparently. As in obsessed.

And yet he didn't get fired for any other reason than his ratings were crap.

Ya know, its not the dumbest idea Ive ever heard. Would go far to establish "fair and balanced" for real, would bascially END all the Fox bashers gnashing their teeth, would send the liberal establishment into a complete tizzy and would actually give Olbermann a ton more credibility, for going into the "lion's den" like that. And yeah...seeing Hannity and Beck and O'Reilly go head to head with him would be preety good.

Wont ever happen.

ya mean it's really not fair and balanced...shocked i tell ya, just shocked!!! and it would be interesting in a real debate setting but on fox? or any of the networks except pbs? unfathomable. pbs has the only tv news worth watching. too bad so few realize this...

Edited by birdog1960

32,000 comments? I didn't believe that many people knew who he was.

I'm constantly stunned at the number of comments they get on various topics.

And yet he didn't get fired for any other reason than his ratings were crap.

He is consistently number two in his time slot for cable news and is the number one show at MSNBC. If he was dumped for his ratings, then Maddow, Matthews, et. al. should probably clean up their desks.

While being the tallest midget isn't a reason to keep him, I wouldn't be surprised to learn he was let go because the new owners know he's nothing more than a shrill, hypocritical, mysogynistic idiot who makes his living calling for civility right before he announces his "Worst Person in the World" segment.

Frankly, I hated him as a sportscaster long before I ever noticed him on the political scene, so he didn't need to be a flaming progressive for that to change. It wasn't until I saw Ben Affleck embarrass him on SNL with what I later learned was a nuts-on portrayal of him that I started paying attention. In the end, the best Keith Olbermann moments came from Affleck.

Edited by LABillzFan