Why the lack of criticism of Drew?

JP-era

Yes, Drew DOES represent our best chance to win at this point.

So, fine Drew continues to start through out this year. But, lets say we get in (I really think we will). The goal is NOT to just make the playoffs, the goal is to win a SB. When will our road to the dance NOT include NE?

158120[/snapback]

Don't worry, be happy.

The key to replying to your rant is your own first sentence. Right now is right now like or not. Starting Drew is or only option for our remote shot at the playoffs which is what we are playing for right now. The future is important, but the futur is merely the future right now. Consideration should be given to developing our QB of the future, but quite frankly as long as we are winning by blow-outs (as we have done the last four weeks) JP is getting useful game experience AND we are keeping out faint playoff hopes alive.

There is ample time until next season and reality can and likely will guide us in our choices then. TD and MM's jobs and reps will be determined most by reality than by woulda, coulda, shoulda. If they judge JP as being the second coming of Brady, they will sit Bledsoe so fast it will not even be funny.

If they judge JP as possibly being the second coming of Brady, they will judge the team's performance as determining whether he gets a chance to test this. If the team is losing and JP looks ready, i think their pride and their jobs force them to make the switch even if the losses are not Bledsoe's fault in the view of any outside fans.

I think the rock and a hard place they have been in was that the team wasn't winning back in the 0-4 and 1-5 days, but JP wasn't and still isn't ready. Fortunately, they have built a team where it doesn't matter whether Bledsoe is playing lights out or poorly for us to win.

Wait til pre-season and see how the team does.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So, fine Drew continues to start through out this year. But, lets say we get in (I really think we will). The goal is NOT to just make the playoffs, the goal is to win a SB. When will our road to the dance NOT include NE?

158120[/snapback]

Don't worry, be happy.

The key to replying to your rant is your own first sentence. Right now is right now like or not. Starting Drew is or only option for our remote shot at the playoffs which is what we are playing for right now. The future is important, but the futur is merely the future right now. Consideration should be given to developing our QB of the future, but quite frankly as long as we are winning by blow-outs (as we have done the last four weeks) JP is getting useful game experience AND we are keeping out faint playoff hopes alive.

There is ample time until next season and reality can and likely will guide us in our choices then. TD and MM's jobs and reps will be determined most by reality than by woulda, coulda, shoulda. If they judge JP as being the second coming of Brady, they will sit Bledsoe so fast it will not even be funny.

If they judge JP as possibly being the second coming of Brady, they will judge the team's performance as determining whether he gets a chance to test this. If the team is losing and JP looks ready, i think their pride and their jobs force them to make the switch even if the losses are not Bledsoe's fault in the view of any outside fans.

I think the rock and a hard place they have been in was that the team wasn't winning back in the 0-4 and 1-5 days, but JP wasn't and still isn't ready. Fortunately, they have built a team where it doesn't matter whether Bledsoe is playing lights out or poorly for us to win.

158120[/snapback]

Don't worry, be happy.

158120[/snapback]

Don't worry, be happy.

He cheers for "Team I'm Right." That's the team where everyone so focused on being right that they have no idea how to be happy, and don't consider themselves winners until they take everyone else's moral down with them.

158470[/snapback]

Well, I may not decide to start stealing because the team isn't doing well, but JP-Era is doing nothing for my morale but improving it!

And Fake-Fat: were you trying to make up for the relatively short length of your message by posting it 6 times?

Well, I may not decide to start stealing because the team isn't doing well, but JP-Era is doing nothing for my morale but improving it! 

And Fake-Fat: were you trying to make up for the relatively short length of your message by posting it 6 times?

158548[/snapback]

Oops! It kept telling me error and I simply resent it way to many times. Now I can see why other repetitive posts have come up several times on this server and I promise to try to not do it again.

Look, before I get the 50 million reply's with STFU and your a moron etc... Im looking at this realistically.

Yes, Drew DOES represent our best chance to win at this point. I will conceed that. Losman would go the route of Eli at this point. You cant throw a guy in at this point and expect to see him continue to win every game with no hiccups. I dont believe we should throw him in mid-season in ANY season. He needs the ups and downs to learn (this is a hint to what needs to happen next season).

So, fine Drew continues to start through out this year. But, lets say we get in (I really think we will). The goal is NOT to just make the playoffs, the goal is to win a SB. When will our road to the dance NOT include NE? Drew is simply owned by them! If this team and the front office wants to go to and truly win the super bowl they must realize that we need to beat NE either during the regular season or during the playoffs and the Drew DOES NOT give us the best chance to win in THAT game! How can we overlook this? You cant. We HAVE to get a QB who can do at least average AND manage to play decent against NE. Thats not Drew and we have NO indication that it ever WILL be!

Add in the fact that our D has been all world and has kept us in games where Drew goes for only 100 yards passing or throws 3 int's and the writing is all there.

This is NOT a call to play someone else right now. Drew is our best chance, but any notion that he is "good enough" is simply untrue. We are winning DESPITE Drew NOT because of him, and that will QUICKLY change wants we get into the playoffs.

So, I like all of you am stoked by the late run, but I am REALLY worried about how far we go with Drew! If he gets in and he causes or is a large part of a playoff loss, I hope you all will get behind finding a QB who can win us the SB in THIS division! We all, hopefully, want the same thing. Redemption for those 4 losses! And a BIG SB win for our blue collar squad!

I believe that our SB QB is currently on this squad but not starting. But, I am sooo much enjoying watching us win this year!

158120[/snapback]

If not him, then who genius? By your reasoning only a very good veteran QB will take us to the SB!

Should we cut Drew and sign some other QB, like Warner?

You offer very little help yourself here. You criticize a problem but fail to suggest a solution.

Look, before I get the 50 million reply's with STFU and your a moron etc... Im looking at this realistically.

Yes, Drew DOES represent our best chance to win at this point. I will conceed that. Losman would go the route of Eli at this point. You cant throw a guy in at this point and expect to see him continue to win every game with no hiccups. I dont believe we should throw him in mid-season in ANY season. He needs the ups and downs to learn (this is a hint to what needs to happen next season).

So, fine Drew continues to start through out this year. But, lets say we get in (I really think we will). The goal is NOT to just make the playoffs, the goal is to win a SB. When will our road to the dance NOT include NE? Drew is simply owned by them! If this team and the front office wants to go to and truly win the super bowl they must realize that we need to beat NE either during the regular season or during the playoffs and the Drew DOES NOT give us the best chance to win in THAT game! How can we overlook this? You cant. We HAVE to get a QB who can do at least average AND manage to play decent against NE. Thats not Drew and we have NO indication that it ever WILL be!

Add in the fact that our D has been all world and has kept us in games where Drew goes for only 100 yards passing or throws 3 int's and the writing is all there.

This is NOT a call to play someone else right now. Drew is our best chance, but any notion that he is "good enough" is simply untrue. We are winning DESPITE Drew NOT because of him, and that will QUICKLY change wants we get into the playoffs.

So, I like all of you am stoked by the late run, but I am REALLY worried about how far we go with Drew! If he gets in and he causes or is a large part of a playoff loss, I hope you all will get behind finding a QB who can win us the SB in THIS division! We all, hopefully, want the same thing. Redemption for those 4 losses! And a BIG SB win for our blue collar squad!

I believe that our SB QB is currently on this squad but not starting. But, I am sooo much enjoying watching us win this year!

158120[/snapback]

1. STFU

2. Your a moron.

3. For the millionth time, it's "YOU'RE a moron."

4. We all know that Drew is average at best, and usually not that good.

5. If you are still in the playoff hunt, you play to get there THIS YEAR. You worry about next year when the season is over or you are 2-11.

6. Drew is the best chance for not only the playoffs but the Super Bowl THIS YEAR.

7. If you really think a rookie with zero career starts is a SB QB right now, than please just STFU.

8. Have a nice day.

Get over it already...

f-cking A, I was one of his biggest bashers, but what he has done (no, not IN SPITE of Drew, but what HE has done) is WIN.

Why does everyone like Roethlisberger? Because he puts up HUGE numbers? No. Because he wins.

Get off of Drew's case.

He took criticism that would make most men quit and has turned this ship around.

Go Drew.

Go Bills!

158380[/snapback]

Here, here, as one who has supported Bledsoe most of the time and couldn't stand all the posts, thank you Steve for being more honest and true blue than most on this board.

Everyone just needs to get off the boat that somehow tells yourself that you know more than anyone else, sit back and enjoy the ride. It should be a fun few weeks.