Damn Nazi's

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Did I say Goebbels? I meant gerbils. That's me. My bad. I meant to say 'They say it's a government takeover of health care, a big lie just like gerbils.' "

Frankly, I think the guy carries a lot of credibility, if for no other reason than he actually looks like the guy who was standing in front of the Ark of the Covenant yelling "Eeets beauteeful!" at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I wonder if this will get any play tonight on any of the news stations.

http://blogs.abcnews...t-get-much.html

The Goebbels reference wasn't even remotely offensive.

The Holocaust comparison was questionable, at best. That's the kind of ridiculous straw-man argument you expect to see here, when you say "I don't want government-run health care," and Hedd or Conner retorts with "So you support genocide against the Jews, too?" :wacko:

The Holocaust comparison was questionable, at best. That's the kind of ridiculous straw-man argument you expect to see here, when you say "I don't want government-run health care," and Hedd or Conner retorts with "So you support genocide against the Jews, too?" :wacko:

I'm only offended by the sheer stupidity of his comment.

Comparing Republicans to nazis is not offensive? The Holocaust comparison was questionable? What planet are you on? Do you ever get dizzy from swinging back and forth on the fence?

While the mention of Goebbels doesn't signify that the Nazi atrocities will follow, I think he could have phrased it much better. It is just as bad as Palin's comment about Blood Libel- which may have not been too far off, as she was being attacked for something she didn't do.

While the bill isn't great, I don't like the time that is being wasted in a repeal vote which has zero chance of clearing the senate. An ammendment forcing state lines to be open, so insurance companies can't block competition would be a better idea, but since both sides partake of the dirty lobbyist money, that will never happen.

Our government is broken and it NEVER will be fixed.

Comparing Republicans to nazis is not offensive? The Holocaust comparison was questionable? What planet are you on? Do you ever get dizzy from swinging back and forth on the fence?

Quoting Goebells' very accurate statement that if you tell a big enough lie long enough it becomes the truth is not offensive, no. It may not be applicable to the health care legislation (and I think it does - specifically, to the Democrats' "but it'll reduce costs" stupidity). But it is entirely accurate.

And I didn't say the Holocaust statement was questionable...I said it was AT BEST questionable. Like I said, it's a typical straw-man argument: "I don't support government-run health care." "Oh, so you think the government should strip people of their right to life and not even bother to keep people alive if they're not worth it? Like Hitler did with the Jews?" Given the prevalence of such debating tactics on this board, this crowd should be the LAST bunch of people to take offense at a hyperbolic Nazi analogy. Particularly yourself, given your obvious indulgence in over-the-top straw-man arguments. :wacko:

I'm only offended by the sheer stupidity of his comment.

HIS?

Did you hear the other Congresscritter talk about the Constitution guaranteeing the pursiut of happiness?

Or that idiot from Texas talk about how repeal of this health care bill violates the 5th and 14th Amendment?

Edited by RkFast

HIS?

Did you hear the other Congresscritter talk about the Constitution guaranteeing the pursiut of happiness?

Or that idiot from Texas talk about how repeal of this health care bill violates the 5th and 14th Amendment?

You used the term: Congresscritter? Are they allowed to be hunted? And what kind of weapon can be used? What kind a ammo? When is open season? They are "critters"... Oh, wait... You are talking about a person here... Nevermind, forget what I said.

HIS?

The outpouring of stupidity to defend this abomination was staggering.

What about my pursuit of happiness by not having to buy insurance?

What about the "this is not government run healthcare" lie? 10,000 irs agents to assure compliance?

This entire mess needs to be repealed. What should have been and should be done is to hold hearings on each separate part and pass the ones that make fiscal and general sense. The first part changed should be tort reform.

Instead we got "We need to pass this bill to see what is in it". :wallbash:

Quoting Goebells' very accurate statement that if you tell a big enough lie long enough it becomes the truth is not offensive, no. It may not be applicable to the health care legislation (and I think it does - specifically, to the Democrats' "but it'll reduce costs" stupidity). But it is entirely accurate.

And I didn't say the Holocaust statement was questionable...I said it was AT BEST questionable. Like I said, it's a typical straw-man argument: "I don't support government-run health care." "Oh, so you think the government should strip people of their right to life and not even bother to keep people alive if they're not worth it? Like Hitler did with the Jews?" Given the prevalence of such debating tactics on this board, this crowd should be the LAST bunch of people to take offense at a hyperbolic Nazi analogy. Particularly yourself, given your obvious indulgence in over-the-top straw-man arguments. :wacko:

Is there a problem with indulging in over-the -top strawmen? Can't a guy have some fun?

BTW, for the most part I agree with you. I just like jerking a jerks chain once in a while. :nana:

Is there a problem with indulging in over-the -top strawmen? Can't a guy have some fun?

BTW, for the most part I agree with you. I just like jerking a jerks chain once in a while. :nana:

Awww, !@#$ you, !@#$ball. I really wanted you to respond "Where have Idone that?" so I could point back to your original response to me.

But you just had to cave to me first, didn't you?