More hardworking Union Members doing what they do best!

KD in CA

Meh, heard this before.

My Aunt for GM when she first graduated rom college. It was not unusual for people to be drunk, stoned, or out in a car having sex during their lunch/ break time.

Her favorite story was when she was working in accounts payable and she began stopping shipments to contracts that were in arears, many in months and years. She was warned about "slowing it down" by the guys who worked in the department. Being the steadfast production B word my aunt is, she dug in a continued to clean-up show.... until one day she came into the office early and someone took a gigantic **** on her desk and chair.... classy stuff

We drank during lunch when I was a lanscaper in college... some guys brought 8-10 beers in their thermos everyday, and reeked of booze in the AM before we got started... I don't know how you drink that much in the humid heat 11 hours a day a survive.

That being said, I wish I could drink Bourbon at my office now... it would make this shot more fun

Heck... The Britsh Navy didn't do away with a sailor's ration of grog until the early 1970's...

What were the practices @ breweries up until even the late 1980's or so?

See, what's wrong with being drunk at work?

Obviously EII is drunk right now.

Wrong. That was posted @ 13:30. :-P

I work swing shift... :-)

Heck... The Britsh Navy didn't do away with a sailor's ration of grog until the early 1970's...

That is the outright dumbest counter-arguments I have ever seen (at least, since Holcomb's Arm tried arguing about dinosaur behavior).

What were the practices @ breweries up until even the late 1980's or so?

And that's a close second.

That is the outright dumbest counter-arguments I have ever seen (at least, since Holcomb's Arm tried arguing about dinosaur behavior).

And that's a close second.

I am not saying it is right or even that it is a counter argument for the acceptance of drinking. Just implying that drinking and working is still firmly imbedded in work culture in not so far off history.

THIS MAY BE WHY RIGHT-TO-WORK PASSED EVEN IN MICHIGAN:

“According to union documents, ‘representational activities’ (money spent on bargaining contracts for members) made up only 11 percent of total spending for the union. Meanwhile, spending on ‘general overhead’ (union administration and employee benefits) comprised of 61 percent of the total spending.”

I am not saying it is right or even that it is a counter argument for the acceptance of drinking. Just implying that drinking and working is still firmly imbedded in work culture in not so far off history.

It is still firmly imbedded in not so far off history? Is that like back to the future?