More hardworking Union Members doing what they do best!

KD in CA

Work hard, lunch hard- when I young I worked the 11pm-7am shift at a mill that turned steel ingots into re-bar, billets, and sheets everyone had beer at lunch except for the old-timers who went to a bar about a block away and pound shots and ate grilled steak sandwiches- later when I worked construction everyone drank beer at lunch and if someone had a doob that was just great- I don't know what your work history is but if you've never worked a job that is of a physically repetitive nature you might not know that such jobs can put you in physical pain and that a little alcohol and a smoke can make you feel a lot better.

Did you forget about commenting on this 5 months ago?

Jack, I was going to say awesome find but I noticed you posted it the first time.

KD in CT you are a copy cat and should be ashamed I'm sure there are other example of blue collar boozing you could find- btw Boehner called and said 15 minutes of boozing is pretty pathetic.

Did you forget about commenting on this 5 months ago?

Shhhh... Keep the peace. KD is like my mother-in-law... There are no re-runs in their lives. I remember watching Fargo with my family... After the movie my brother-in-law joked when everybody was mentioning what they thought of the movie and how it played out... He said: "If I gave everybody a theme book and they were to write about the movie, no doubt Mom's would be BETTER than what the original writers [the Coen brothers] came up with!" :lol: :lol:

Shhhh... Keep the peace. KD is like my mother-in-law... There are no re-runs in their lives. I remember watching Fargo with my family... After the movie my brother-in-law joked when everybody was mentioning what they thought of the movie and how it played out... He said: "If I gave everybody a theme book and they were to write about the movie, no doubt Mom's would be BETTER than what the original writers [the Coen brothers] came up with!" :lol: :lol:

I don't get it.

I don't get it.

That's ok, you're not supposed to. Eric is like that weird Uncle that mostly sits in the corner babbling incoherently to no one in particular. Everyone smiles and nods as they go by but no one really interacts with him for obvious reasons. The family says he's never been the same since 'Nam.

As for my gratuitous faux pas of thread repetition -- EGADS!! A more heinous violation of message board etiquette is hard to even fathom!

I'll impose a two week ban on PPP participation (mostly for my benefit) effective immediately.

That's ok, you're not supposed to. Eric is like that weird Uncle that mostly sits in the corner babbling incoherently to no one in particular. Everyone smiles and nods as they go by but no one really interacts with him for obvious reasons. The family says he's never been the same since 'Nam.

As for my gratuitous faux pas of thread repetition -- EGADS!! A more heinous violation of message board etiquette is hard to even fathom!

I'll impose a two week ban on PPP participation (mostly for my benefit) effective immediately.

:worthy:

Much accepted! Your sentence has been commuted... You are not allowed to leave this funny factory! :D

What's the 'Nam crack about? In the words of crayonz: "I don't get it."

• 1 year later...

Meh, heard this before.

My Aunt for GM when she first graduated rom college. It was not unusual for people to be drunk, stoned, or out in a car having sex during their lunch/ break time.

Her favorite story was when she was working in accounts payable and she began stopping shipments to contracts that were in arears, many in months and years. She was warned about "slowing it down" by the guys who worked in the department. Being the steadfast production B word my aunt is, she dug in a continued to clean-up show.... until one day she came into the office early and someone took a gigantic **** on her desk and chair.... classy stuff

We drank during lunch when I was a lanscaper in college... some guys brought 8-10 beers in their thermos everyday, and reeked of booze in the AM before we got started... I don't know how you drink that much in the humid heat 11 hours a day a survive.

That being said, I wish I could drink Bourbon at my office now... it would make this shot more fun

Edited by B-Large

Come on... They just went on a little lunchtime bender. Chrysler paid the gov't back and the taxpayers THEN SOME years ago. They can do what they want... Throwing them to the wolves... Come on, this is Michigan, what do you think it is... Ohio...

;-) ;-)

See, what's wrong with being drunk at work?

Obviously EII is drunk right now.