Patroit Act Up For Renewal

http://www.examiner.com/independent-in-national/patriot-act-up-for-renewal-and-no-one-notices

There's more important things to worry about these days, like what's going on with American Idol or Prince Whatshisnuts wedding.

But have you seen the future Princess Whatshertits? She's a looker.

The USA PATRIOT Act should be renewed...Republicans love it for "national security", and Democrats have got to realize it'll make the provisions of the health insurance bill much easier to enforce...

Where is the OUTRAGE!!!!!! ?

OUTRAGE!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!!

OUTRAGE!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!! OUTRAGE!!!!!

Where is the pBills, bluzurl, Kelly the Dog, Buftex, and all the rest of the hypocrites....OUTRAGE!!!!!!??????

Where is it? Christ all Friday, this was one of the first topics I argued on this part of the board. Back then there were GALLONS of PHONY MORALLY SUPERIOR OUTRAGE!!!!!! about the Patriot Act. Why aren't those people here spewing the same crap in this thread?

Where have they gone? I don't even see a drop of OUTRAGE!!!!! EEII is as goofy as ever, and there's no outrage. WTF?

Where is the OUTRAGE!!!!!! ?

Where is the pBills, bluzurl, Kelly the Dog, Buftex, and all the rest of the hypocrites....OUTRAGE!!!!!!??????

Where is it? Christ all Friday, this was one of the first topics I argued on this part of the board. Back then there were GALLONS of PHONY MORALLY SUPERIOR OUTRAGE!!!!!! about the Patriot Act. Why aren't those people here spewing the same crap in this thread?

Where have they gone? I don't even see a drop of OUTRAGE!!!!! EEII is as goofy as ever, and there's no outrage. WTF?

I hate the Patriot act and I think Obama is worse than Bush because he has the intellectual capacity to know better. I also hate the two dumb ass wars, the assertion that he has the right to order the assassination of American citizens without due process, that he allows indefinite detention- and of course because he is a Wall Street pawn,dupe,shill, crony, enabler, etc etc...

I hate the Patriot act and I think Obama is worse than Bush because he has the intellectual capacity to know better. I also hate the two dumb ass wars, the assertion that he has the right to order the assassination of American citizens without due process, that he allows indefinite detention- and of course because he is a Wall Street pawn,dupe,shill, crony, enabler, etc etc...

1. The wars were what they were: decisions made on the information at hand. Bad info = bad outcome. This is not new. Unless you really believe that the USS Maine was blown up by Spanish commandos and/or you really believe that LBJ did a good job in Vietnam. :rolleyes:

2. We have a right to fight those who have declared war on us. The oath both Bush and Obama took reads: "enemies both foreign and domestic", not "only enemies that have been approved by all the little ...lybobs of the world, only AFTER these enemies have set off a nuke in Times Square, and they have to be arrested, not killed". :rolleyes:

3. We have infinite detention at GITMO, because Obama....LIED! Or he was simply too stupid, and/or affected by ideology, to realize that there is no solution other than GITMO. GITMO solves problems that only GITMO solves. Grow up and deal with that already. The monster isn't going away because you shut your eyes.

4. Yes, Obama stole GM from the Wall Street investors and bond holders, and gave it to the union, but he's all about Wall Street. :lol: He employed college professors, and not a single real world business person, from Wall Street, or any street, as his economic team. And when they inevitably failed, he blamed everybody, including Wall Street, but his team that personifies "those who can't do". Obama foolishly attacked the Chamber of Commerce, and commerce in general, and got his ass kicked for it, but he's a real Wall Street man. :lol:

Sometimes, it's just too easy. :lol: ...lybob, you and your rapidly failing ideology can't even win for losing. You have reaped what you have sown since 2005. Nobody will trust the far-left again for another 30 years, and that is sure as hell not Bush's fault. The best you can hope for is another Clinton, center-left type.

You can forget about another Carter/Obama type, pretty much for the rest of your life. Enjoy living with that, I know I will enjoy watching your pointless efforts at blaming everybody but yourselves. It will be: exactly like what Carter has been doing every day since he got bounced, but on a much larger scale, and that makes me :w00t:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Have you ever considered that there may not be any great differences between the two and the two national parties?

Have you ever considered that there may not be any great differences between the two and the two national parties?

Only the last 20 years- the problem is I feel guilty if I don't vote and I really don't want to throw my vote away on a (Bob Barr or Cynthia Mckinne sp)protest vote- so I end up trying to vote for the least worse candidate- hope for the best and try to give the benefit of the doubt and usually end up saying oh well @#$#ed again.

Have you ever considered that that there may be a simple, logical reason why both Bush and Obama are acting so similarly?

When all the high-pitched rhetoric has been spewed, when all of the demagoguing has concluded, and after the WH Political Office people are politely asked to leave the room....

...along comes a Navy Commander, or an Army Major, and that officer sits down and lays it out pretty simply for WHOEVER is President. "Sir, we must do this, not because it's politically popular(because we don't care about politics), but because it's the right thing to do."

And there you have it. President X does whatever is thought to get the best results, with the least cost in lives and treasure.

Ask yourself: how has a massive, easily framed, political target like GITMO survived? Even with all of the OUTRAGE!!!!! both foreign and domestic, real and phony, political and honest? Why do we still have it? What politician, Republican or Democrat, wouldn't dump GITMO in a second if they could?

But they can't. And, as soon as the children, both on this board and elsewhere, grow up and understand that, we can begin to start thinking about these issues, and stop emoting. Then, we can adjust our view to PROPERLY deal with the realities of the war on terror.

Edited by OCinBuffalo