Interersting interview I'm watching

Simon

Being at the game yesterday I'll submit with confidence that there is no QB who would have looked good in that weather. The ball was coming out real "heavy" for all QB's involved. Every snap throw and catch was an adventure due to the wet snow ( or Snowy rain if you like). I'm not sure how well this translated to the tv broadcast so I thought I'd mention it....

158196[/snapback]

Drew's horrible lob pass attempts, Moulds drops, McGahee and Clements fumbles, the Brown's QB just about dropping every snap from center, Moorman mishandling a snap for FG attempt and appearing to lose his grip when he threw it on the subsequent fire drill, it looked like it was raining WD-40 out there. They could have used some stick-um shower heads on the sidelines.

I don't think Wyche, April, and McNally are going anywhere.

Gray came here with the expressed intention of one day becoming a HC and was a little ticked when he didn't get it when GW was shown the door. The question we should be asking is who is he grooming like Wade groomed Ted Cotrell and Williams groomed him? All great coaches do exactly that - groom capable successors.

Clement will be the other hot property. I doubt he'll go to college as a HC, and it'll be a couple of years before the NFL owners begin to look at him as a serious HC candidate. Remember last year he was a QB coach.

So what position is now a draft need? We'll be taking something like the 50th player in the draft. Maybe it'll be another running back.

157972[/snapback]

Guard. The O-line played better but it is not exactly a dominating unit. Maybe a CB. Remember, by starting Troy at FS, we just lost a CB from the depth chart so we are short one.

Being at the game yesterday I'll submit with confidence that there is no QB who would have looked good in that weather. The ball was coming out real "heavy" for all QB's involved. Every snap throw and catch was an adventure due to the wet snow ( or Snowy rain if you like). I'm not sure how well this translated to the tv broadcast so I thought I'd mention it....

158196[/snapback]

I was out last night messing with more xmas lights and I couldn't even hang on to the staple gun and it had a freaking handle on it.

I heard Walmart ran out of baby bottles.

You heard Walmart ran out of baby bottles.....

Wow, that is just so....so....so....hilarious. Where do you keep coming up with all these incredibly witty gems of yours?! I mean, you must have a book or something right? Because there's no way you could think that up all by yourself.

Walmart's out of baby bottles......

It's just soooooo brilliant. ;)

You heard Walmart ran out of baby bottles.....

Wow, that is just so....so....so....hilarious. Where do you keep coming up with all these incredibly witty gems of yours?! I mean, you must have a book or something right? Because there's no way you could think that up all by yourself.

Walmart's out of baby bottles......

It's just soooooo brilliant. ;)

158558[/snapback]

It was meant in support of your argument. Not that it makes it any less a target for sarcasm. :)

It was meant in support of your argument. Not that it makes it any less a target for sarcasm. laugh.gif

Oops........

Sorry ;)

You've gotta change your name mac. I'm mixing you up with that buffoon, billsfanone. :)

It was meant in support of your argument. Not that it makes it any less a target for sarcasm. laugh.gif

Oops........

Sorry ;)

You've gotta change your name mac. I'm mixing you up with that buffoon, billsfanone. :)

Drew's horrible lob pass attempts, Moulds drops, McGahee and Clements fumbles, the Brown's QB just about dropping every snap from center, Moorman mishandling a snap for FG attempt and appearing to lose his grip when he threw it on the subsequent fire drill, it looked like it was raining WD-40 out there.

158294[/snapback]

All of that and we still win by 30.

There are only two people who couldn't appreciate yesterday's game.

they coundn't believe that they held them to 17 yds of total offense

158003[/snapback]

And 24 0f those 17 were garbage time. It could have been -7 yards total offense.

Man, wouldn't you love to see that stat against NE in the AFC championship game?

One can dream.

All of that and we still win by 30.

There are only two people who couldn't appreciate yesterday's game.

158902[/snapback]

My wife's never been to Buffalo, and football's not played where she grew up. I explained to her what it's like to try and play when your hands are getting raw and red from the cold, and sleet/snow is making a brand new football as slick as a, uh, a thing that's really slick (my metaphor machine seems to be broke) - she took it a little easier on Drew after that.

I'm not a guy who's usually on Drew's back, but most of Drew's errant throws were in the direction of Eric Moulds, and they were not situations where Moulds was double covered.  Mould's dropped a number of passes that were a little off target, but catchable just the same.  They share the blame.  I'm not sure if Ryan Neufeld was in the game.  He was virtually invisible, but he looked good catching a pass last week after Campbell went down.  Rod Trafford looked good catching the only pass that came his way yesterday.  Whether the relative lack of involvement of the tight ends in yesterday's game was by design, or Drew's tendency to stick only with guys he knows, I'm not sure.  It took Drew a long time to figure out he has a great young receiver in Lee Evans because he wouldn't throw to him for a long time.

158021[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought that Drew was going to Moulds way too much early on. Whenever that happens, an interception is a given. I hate when QB's go out of their way to appease a sulking player...

That being said, doesn't anyone think that the weather was a little bit of a factor in Bledsoe's mediocre performance? It looked to me like the ball kept going down, into the turf, like an errant missle. I have played a little football in cold, wet weather, and it looked to me like Bledsoe was not really getting a very solid grip on the ball, and it was coming out of his hands a little oddly. When it is wet and cold, a football gets very hard, and has very little give. Just a possibility. Bledsoe may have his faults, but throwing ducks into the ground is not normally one of them.....remember when Troy Aikman had similar problems throwing in the cold? McNabb too, but his problems were likely more a result of throwing on the run so often.......

Yeah, I thought that Drew was going to Moulds way too much early on.  Whenever that happens, an interception is a given. I hate when QB's go out of their way to appease a sulking player...

159032[/snapback]

Watch the play again. Moulds was the only player singled. Drew picked the right target and the wind held the ball up. He was guilty of not throwing the ball far enough outside, not of favoring Moulds (on that play).

I'm not going to criticize Bledsoe for throwing the ball to a single covered receiver after watching Rob Johnson eat it play after play because there wasn't anyone WIDE open.