Interersting interview I'm watching

Simon

NFLNetwork si looping thier Sundaynight show withhilites/postgameinterviews across the league. In Bills' segment Drew was first and said it was the best defensive performance he's ever seen in his 10 years in the league.

The interesting part was Fletch, who said he couldn't beleive what they did to them today. And he really meant he couldn't believe it. This staff got these guys believing that Cleveland was a real threat offensively!

Damn, we have got to keep the NFL ghouls off of ClementsGrayWycheAprilMcNallyetc. With the players this front office is going to keep feeding them (and nothing in any of their long distinguuished careers suggests anything otherwise), we're gonna win 100 football games by 2010. :o

NFLNetwork si looping thier Sundaynight show withhilites/postgameinterviews across the league. In Bills' segment Drew was first and said it was the best defensive performance he's ever seen in his 10 years in the league.

The interesting part was Fletch, who said he couldn't beleive what they did to them today. And he really meant he couldn't believe it.  This staff got these guys believing that Cleveland was a real threat offensively!

Damn, we have got to keep the NFL ghouls off of ClementsGrayWycheAprilMcNallyetc. With the players this front office is going to keep feeding them (and nothing in any of their long distinguuished careers suggests anything otherwise), we're gonna win 100 football games by 2010.  :o

157941[/snapback]

I don't think Wyche, April, and McNally are going anywhere.

Gray came here with the expressed intention of one day becoming a HC and was a little ticked when he didn't get it when GW was shown the door. The question we should be asking is who is he grooming like Wade groomed Ted Cotrell and Williams groomed him? All great coaches do exactly that - groom capable successors.

Clement will be the other hot property. I doubt he'll go to college as a HC, and it'll be a couple of years before the NFL owners begin to look at him as a serious HC candidate. Remember last year he was a QB coach.

So what position is now a draft need? We'll be taking something like the 50th player in the draft. Maybe it'll be another running back.

Any talk about why Drew played so bad?

157970[/snapback]

Their #3 receiver, TE Mark Campbell, and his backup were out. We started the third TE and a guy who's been working the whole season at tackle (Peters) was the second TE. Not the only reason I'm sure, but that couldn't have helped.

So what position is now a draft need? We'll be taking something like the 50th player in the draft. Maybe it'll be another running back.

As usual with these guys, it will be the best available player.

Because that's how you build winning teams.

Which is what they've done throughout their careers.

Cya

The interesting part was Fletch, who said he couldn't beleive what they did to them today. And he really meant he couldn't believe it.  This staff got these guys believing that Cleveland was a real threat offensively!

Damn, we have got to keep the NFL ghouls off of ClementsGrayWycheAprilMcNallyetc. With the players this front office is going to keep feeding them (and nothing in any of their long distinguuished careers suggests anything otherwise), we're gonna win 100 football games by 2010.  :o

157941[/snapback]

they coundn't believe that they held them to 17 yds of total offense

Their #3 receiver, TE Mark Campbell, and his backup were out.  We started the third TE and a guy who's been working the whole season at tackle (Peters) was the second TE.  Not the only reason I'm sure, but that couldn't have helped.

157995[/snapback]

I'm not a guy who's usually on Drew's back, but most of Drew's errant throws were in the direction of Eric Moulds, and they were not situations where Moulds was double covered. Mould's dropped a number of passes that were a little off target, but catchable just the same. They share the blame. I'm not sure if Ryan Neufeld was in the game. He was virtually invisible, but he looked good catching a pass last week after Campbell went down. Rod Trafford looked good catching the only pass that came his way yesterday. Whether the relative lack of involvement of the tight ends in yesterday's game was by design, or Drew's tendency to stick only with guys he knows, I'm not sure. It took Drew a long time to figure out he has a great young receiver in Lee Evans because he wouldn't throw to him for a long time.

I'm not a guy who's usually on Drew's back, but most of Drew's errant throws were in the direction of Eric Moulds, and they were not situations where Moulds was double covered.  Mould's dropped a number of passes that were a little off target, but catchable just the same.  They share the blame.  I'm not sure if Ryan Neufeld was in the game.  He was virtually invisible, but he looked good catching a pass last week after Campbell went down.  Rod Trafford looked good catching the only pass that came his way yesterday.  Whether the relative lack of involvement of the tight ends in yesterday's game was by design, or Drew's tendency to stick only with guys he knows, I'm not sure.  It took Drew a long time to figure out he has a great young receiver in Lee Evans because he wouldn't throw to him for a long time.

158021[/snapback]

Once again, we win in spite of Drew Bledsoe. He was aweful! The convincing win is the only thing that will keep some from calling for his head again. He did not look confident in his throws, he was off target and had ALL DAY to throw the ball from the pocket. There was very little pressure.

His mechanics are way off. He never steps into his short throws. Watch him, he throws almost every short throw off his back foot. I'm NOT a Drew basher, but common, this from a 12 year vet who some claim is a future hall of famer? NO WAY!

I'm not a guy who's usually on Drew's back, but most of Drew's errant throws were in the direction of Eric Moulds, and they were not situations where Moulds was double covered.  Mould's dropped a number of passes that were a little off target, but catchable just the same.  They share the blame.  I'm not sure if Ryan Neufeld was in the game.  He was virtually invisible, but he looked good catching a pass last week after Campbell went down.  Rod Trafford looked good catching the only pass that came his way yesterday.  Whether the relative lack of involvement of the tight ends in yesterday's game was by design, or Drew's tendency to stick only with guys he knows, I'm not sure.  It took Drew a long time to figure out he has a great young receiver in Lee Evans because he wouldn't throw to him for a long time.

158021[/snapback]

Just an observation but I did notice that the tight end's were kept in to block a few times yesterday while the outlet receiver was the fullback and running back. It's quite possible that the coaches noticed something and game planned to get the rb's more involved. It also doesn't hurt that the line with the help of the te's did a pretty good job in protection yesterday and for the last month and a half.

Once again, we win in spite of Drew Bledsoe.  He was aweful!  The convincing win is the only thing that will keep some from calling for his head again.  He did not look confident in his throws, he was off target and had ALL DAY to throw the ball from the pocket.  There was very little pressure. 

His mechanics are way off.  He never steps into his short throws.  Watch him, he throws almost every short throw off his back foot.  I'm NOT  a Drew basher, but common, this from a 12 year vet who some claim is a future hall of famer?  NO WAY!

158034[/snapback]

The scary part is if the Bills keep winning, despite Drew's awful performance, he will continue to start. When the Bills make the playoffs this year, it will give Drew one more year at QB. Scary thought!

The question we should be asking is who is he grooming like Wade groomed Ted Cotrell and Williams groomed him? All great coaches do exactly that - groom capable successors.

157972[/snapback]

While your last statement is more or less true, I hope you're not saying that Wade and especially Greggo were great coaches. :o

At any rate, if Gray and/or Clements get HC jobs, you would think that (1) the Bills have enough talent on either side of the ball to attract topnotch replacements (assuming they don't promote from within), and (2) Mularkey is secure enough in his position that hiring a high-profile coordinator from somewhere else won't pose an ego problem for him.

Being at the game yesterday I'll submit with confidence that there is no QB who would have looked good in that weather. The ball was coming out real "heavy" for all QB's involved. Every snap throw and catch was an adventure due to the wet snow ( or Snowy rain if you like). I'm not sure how well this translated to the tv broadcast so I thought I'd mention it....

Being at the game yesterday I'll submit with confidence that there is no QB who would have looked good in that weather. The ball was coming out real "heavy" for all QB's involved. Every snap throw and catch was an adventure due to the wet snow ( or Snowy rain if you like). I'm not sure how well this translated to the tv broadcast so I thought I'd mention it....

158196[/snapback]

That's enough of that. :o

QUOTE(TigerJ @ Dec 13 2004, 09:42 AM)

Just an observation but I did notice that the tight end's were kept in to block a few times yesterday while the outlet receiver was the fullback and running back. It's quite possible that the coaches noticed something and game planned to get the rb's more involved. It also doesn't hurt that the line with the help of the te's did a pretty good job in protection yesterday and for the last month and a half.

Actually Neufeld pkayed very well yesterday. His blocking was good and he was able to get open on his routes. He burned Robert Griffith on one. He was open several times, once in the endzone, but Bledsoe couldn't seem to look past his go-to guy Moulds.

And people seem to forget that a TE's main role is blocking - not pass catching. Just because you don't here their names in a game doesn't mean they didn't play well.