Kudos to Troy Vincent

Kelly the Dog

Cut him, he's a wimp.

Congrats to Troy. Obviously, he played great in his first game back. Amazing that the coaching staff started him at free safety after Baker had played well in his last couple games but it just shows us, again, they they are smart, and not going to just do things because you think they should, and they make decisions based on what is best for the team in both the short and long term. Clearly, it was a good game and time to put TV in there, at home, against a rookie, and a reeling team, but he looked like he belonged, right from the start. TV could be the free saftey we have been missing since, well, Tony Greene.

Cut him, he's a wimp.

Congrats to Troy. Obviously, he played great in his first game back. Amazing that the coaching staf started him at fee safety after Baker had played well in his last couple games but it just shows us, again, they they are smart, and not going to just do things because you think they should, and they make decisions based on what is best for the team in both the short and long term. Clearly, it was a good game and time to put TV in there, at home, against a rookie, and a reeling team, but he looked like he belonged, right from the start. TV could be the free saftey we have been missing since, well, Tony Greene.

157914[/snapback]

Yeah, we should definately eat his salary. He was just milking his injuries. We have to start listening to Eagle fan more.

:o

he looked like he belonged, right from the start. TV could be the free saftey we have been missing since, well, Tony Greene.

gasp......one of my favorite all-time Bills

significantly smaller gasp.....I agree with you B)

gasp......one of my favorite all-time Bills

significantly smaller gasp.....I agree with you B)

157929[/snapback]

The key word there is "since", which means, of course, that he cannot be compared to Tony Greene, and the woeful FS's that the Bills have had since Tony Greene. And don't say Mark Kelso because he was mediocre on his good days. B)

we should definately eat his salary. He's(sic) just milking his injuries.

That 'un had me howlin for a few weeks.....

Let's cut Troy freakin Vincent's 40+ picks before we let him and his brain run at the Free

:D:o:lol:

The key word there is "since", which means, of course, that he cannot be compared to Tony Greene and the woeful FS's that the Bills have had since Tony Greene. And do't say Mark Kelso because he was mediocre on his good days.

I just chuckled and said aloud to myself "He could be better 'n Kelso by Christmas" and it sounded like I was on that 70's show :o

This has Rod Woodson, AeneasWilliams, RayBuchanan (and somebody else I'm missing in the last couple years) written all over it.

I just chuckled and said aloud to myself "He could be better 'n Kelso by Christmas" and it sounded like I was on that 70's show  :o

This has Rod Woodson, AeneasWilliams, RayBuchanan (and somebody else I'm missing in the last couple years) written all over it.

157935[/snapback]

He could be better than Kelso by, well, the first day they hinted at playing him at FS. Kelso could have fair caught 95% of his INTs he played so far deep. BTW, that kelso comment was not meant for you, but rather all other posters.

I have to admit that I was down on Troy as well. And I believe that I had every right to be that way. Up until today, Troy had not produced and after hurting Losman then getting hurt himself leaving us with an inexperienced player at the CB position. I did not think very highly of the man that probably cost us a few games and slowed Losman's development.

I am glad that Troy had a good game, but it did come against the hapless browns. Lets see if he can carry over the play to next week against the Bengals. No one would be happier than I to finally see that revolving door at free safety filled by a competent ball hawk. If Troy does make the transition well, this defense could be really something special. Really special. Our secondary for the first time in years could actually be SCARY to opposing offenses.

It may be too late to salvage this season, but with the experience our young guys in the secondary got this year we now possess some serious depth, and our team will be in great shape next season.

Up until today, Troy had not produced and after hurting Losman then getting hurt himself leaving us with an inexperienced player at the CB position. I did not think very highly of the man that probably cost us a few games and slowed Losman's development.

I have the same "feeling" but I can't "think" that way, if you know what I mean.

Vincent has been a world-class, big league DB for a lot of years and I was also reallllllly disappointed that we didn't get to see anything from him this year. But I can give him hell for neither injury nor accident. Especially when he's been dedicated, tough, smart baller his entire career and recognizing the potential of seeing a complete football player like that running at the free for us.

I just couldn't "think" badly enough about him to not want him in a Bills uni for a long time.

Cya