Two Documentaries

Dante

And they both have to do with alchohol. hmmm... :unsure:

Beer Wars

If you enjoy real beer(and who doesn't?) and despise the pony piss the big 3 "breweries" push out, you'll love this movie. Seems to be a great insight from a knowledgeable source on how the AB, Miller and Coors maintain a huge market share selling a lousy product. Also follows two small independent breweries as they struggle to compete. Really cool movie the I enjoyed.

Blood Into Wine

This one follows Maynard Keenan(front man for Tool) and his passion for his winery that he started from the ground up in Arizona of all places. This one might not be for all tastes as it is kind of slow and disjointed at time. The background theme throughout the flick is that Maynard is being interviewed on tv by a couple journalists(real life family members I believe)making fun of his endeavors. Just seems tacked on and out of place. Despite this, it isn't intrusive to the extent that it scuttles the movie. Still very interesting and I don't even drink wine as a rule. I think if you do, you will like it just for its look at the nuts and bolts of creating a winery and if you like Tool(i'm neither here nor there on them) you will also enjoy it.

And they both have to do with alchohol. hmmm... :unsure:

Beer Wars

If you enjoy real beer(and who doesn't?) and despise the pony piss the big 3 "breweries" push out, you'll love this movie. Seems to be a great insight from a knowledgeable source on how the AB, Miller and Coors maintain a huge market share selling a lousy product. Also follows two small independent breweries as they struggle to compete. Really cool movie the I enjoyed.

Interesting quote from a former Phillip Morris executive on the aftermath of their failed 7-Up investment - "We thought we were buying a soda business, but instead we bought into a business where we couldn't control the distribution." It was doomed from the start.

At the very least, the advantage of Inbev buying Bud is that you can finally have decent beer on tap in many bars which used to be Bud exclusives.