Man, Time Sure Does Fly

Chef Jim

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you pop by the Double Diamond on Saturday Night; there's going to be a good band in there.

And while this might just be a deterrent, I'll also suggest that Simon may be in there as well.

My advice is not to take any of the advice you get

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice. What do you think this is, the last post wins thread?

Make sure you pop by the Double Diamond on Saturday Night; there's going to be a good band in there.

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice. Would that require me to stay up past 9:00? If so take some pictures for me.

Would that require me to stay up past 9:00? If so take some pictures for me.

So are you suggesting I'd be wasting my time if I grabbed a mike and sent a shout out looking for a Chef Jim?

Maybe you can go to a Bills playoff game

Thanks for the advice but I don't need any advice. My dad is 82 and still skis every day so there's hope that I may just one day be able to head back to ski and catch a playoff game at the same time.

As will you sense of humor Simon. Oh wait, you can't miss what you never had.

I thought affable demeanor and pleasant disposition were mildly comical in their tangential truths.

Still waiting on you to say something funny, though. Hurry up, it's almost supper time.

Yeah, giving the guy a tip on a good band and mentioning I might be there to have a beer with him.

I'm a miserable bastard. :lol:

It was a sincere offer and a nice one in my opinion. However, Chef doesn't need advice. I do find it sorta funny that he got a little upset that someone messed up his thread. Kettle>Pot (and no Crayonz, Kettle is not a type of drug)

Remember the Bluemont ski resort in Yorkshire, New York? That used to happen to the lifts there all the time! I remember one time in Junior High (ski club outing)... The double broke down... I was lucky I was close to the ramp and slid forward... My friend jumped onto the top of the sno-cat... My other friend wasn't so lucky... Or maybe he was! Took them hours with a boatswain's chair to get everybody down... He was one of the last off. Yet, he would say he was lucky... Because he was stuck up there with a girl! We had to keep the two off each other by throwing snowballs! ;) ;) Ahhhh... Hormones, a cold Monday night, being in Junior High! ...And wiseguy friends that were half-jealous, half-lucky for getting off that death trap!

Anyway.. Anybody remember Bluemont? I used to love that place... Such a classic!!

Probably dating myself here... This was in the early 1980s... Had the new bomb skis from Port-of-Sports with the Tyrolia step-in bindings (pre-ski brake days with runaway straps)... Quite a step up from the previous year with the plate bindings! :wallbash:

Cheffy... You probably remember the leather boots? A bit before my time... :P

Edited by ExiledInIllinois