Healthcare repeal vote delayed

She's followed by more skull worshipping, Mein Kampf reading pyschos than he is, oh wait there is no evidence of that, but we will report it any way!!!!

Actually, that's probably true. I can't imagine anyone who reads Mein Kampf and takes it seriously (because, hell, I've read it, for historical interest) would be an Obama supporter.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, you could see how the rhetoric really amped up the Town Hall meetings and other public events. I think it's sad more than anything else.

I love how progressives spend all their time pointing at the anger that was released during the Town Hall meetings, and never at the reason the people were angry.

You all are comfortable justifying the actions of a 22-year-old batschit looney skull worshipper, but average Americans finally speaking out against reckless spending and untoward bill passing is inexcusable.

Got it.

I love how progressives spend all their time pointing at the anger that was released during the Town Hall meetings, and never at the reason the people were angry.

You all are comfortable justifying the actions of a 22-year-old batschit looney skull worshipper, but average Americans finally speaking out against reckless spending and untoward bill passing is inexcusable.

Got it.

Of course people were angry over certain issues. Are you telling me that nothing was said or no statements were released to stoke their emotions even more? If you think that you are fooling yourself.

I am not justifying ANYTHING this guy did. I am simply discussing having the rhetoric toned back. Obviously something you do not feel is appropriate.

That anger at the anti-Bush rallies doesn't count.

Who said that?

Who said that?

Not you.

But there is a LOT of convenient forgetting about "Support Bush" bumper stickers with nooses on them, or t-shirts with Bush's face in crosshairs, or calls for Bush to be executed as a war criminal...

And unlike Palin's map...those weren't just metaphors.

Not you.

But there is a LOT of convenient forgetting about "Support Bush" bumper stickers with nooses on them, or t-shirts with Bush's face in crosshairs, or calls for Bush to be executed as a war criminal...

And unlike Palin's map...those weren't just metaphors.

Very true. All of those items were absolutely disgusting. You can dislike someone's stance... but to go that far is beyond ridiculous.

So every time someone who has any type of audience speaks they have to consider how their words are going to be interpreted by crazy people? Yeah that's a great idea. Is that really what you're saying here?

As I posted earlier, son of Sam's neighbors dog is still feeling guilty he gave the order to kill.

Crack pots can listen to the sound of music and find inspiration to destroy.

As I posted earlier, son of Sam's neighbors dog is still feeling guilty he gave the order to kill.

Very true crack pots can find direction from many places. Still doesn't mean that rhetoric shouldn't be toned down.

David Berkowitz's neighbor's dog was put down but for some reason he still lives. :wacko:

Obviously something you do not feel is appropriate.

Give it a rest, Skippy. Saying "We need to tone down the political rhetoric" takes all the courage of saying "I support the troops." You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who is urging more yelling except, of course, those (Krugman, Matsoulis, et. al.) who were prematurely yelling that all the yelling is what made this guy snap, and then start yelling that (fill in the blank) is to blame for this, and then yell some more that EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP YELLING!

The killings were a very sad day for the country. The subsequent reactions has become a very, very bad time for progressives, who couldn't end up looking more connerifically and ideologically irrational if they tried.

Edited by LABillzFan

Give it a rest, Skippy. Saying "We need to tone down the political rhetoric" takes all the courage of saying "I support the troops." You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who is urging more yelling except, of course, those (Krugman, Matsoulis, et. al.) who were prematurely yelling that all the yelling is what made this guy snap, and then start yelling that (fill in the blank) is to blame for this, and then yell some more that EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP YELLING!

The killings were a very sad day for the country. The subsequent reactions has become a very, very bad time for progressives, who couldn't end up looking more connerifically and ideologically irrational if they tried.

:lol:

Very true crack pots can find direction from many places. Still doesn't mean that rhetoric shouldn't be toned down.

But that's not what you're saying. You're saying: "See! Look at the actions of this guy, we need to tone the rhetoric down!", even though there seems to be nothing at all to suggest that this guy took his cues from said rhetoric.

To take it a step even further OTHER people are saying "See! Look at the actions of this guy, Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh and Michelle Bachman and Joyce Whoever have blood on their hands!", even though there is EVEN LESS TO suggest that the rhetoric of those specific people had anything to do with this obviously ill person's actions.

No one disagrees that rhetoric should be toned down, mostly because the 'hyped-up rhetoric' distorts the debate and doesn't allow for actual fact-finding, just heated, political nonsense. You're losing people on this one because you continue to very specifically link the actions of a lunatic to rhetoric (from both sides of the aisle, to your credit) that, by all accounts, had nothing to do with it.

Edited by jjamie12

But that's not what you're saying. You're saying: "See! Look at the actions of this guy, we need to tone the rhetoric down!", even though there seems to be nothing at all to suggest that this guy took his cues from said rhetoric.

To take it a step even further OTHER people are saying "See! Look at the actions of this guy, Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh and Michelle Bachman and Joyce Whoever have blood on their hands!", even though there is EVEN LESS TO suggest that the rhetoric of those specific people had anything to do with this obviously ill person's actions.

No one disagrees that rhetoric should be toned down, mostly because the 'hyped-up rhetoric' distorts the debate and doesn't allow for actual fact-finding, just heated, political nonsense. You're losing people on this one because you continue to link the actions of a lunatic to rhetoric that, by all accounts, had nothing to do with it.

That is NOT what I am saying. I have never said that this guy's actions was from anything at all.

I have been saying all along that BOTH sides need to tone it back. ALL ACROSS THE BOARD. I found it to be disgusting even before this horrible event.

Edited by pBills

You do know that liberalism is a mental illness, don't you?