Healthcare repeal vote delayed

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Close enough for some people... most likely the people that don't know surveying symbols. Again, do you agree that releases statements like that is a dumb thing to do?

No more so than Mr. Obama saying “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,”

He is more influential than Sarah, so why don't they critice him?

No more so than Mr. Obama saying “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,”

He is more influential than Sarah, so why don't they critice him?

I totally agree with that. Why is she receiving such heat for this because she or her camp has a history of releasing statements like this. Remember the reload statement? Her camp just needs to think a bit more than just throwing crap out there. Instead of using the marks she used on the map, place an "x" or an arrow. Millions of other icons could have been used. We all know she's pro-gun, etc. she doesn't have to mention guns in her statements.

I totally agree with that. Why is she receiving such heat for this because she or her camp has a history of releasing statements like this. Remember the reload statement? Her camp just needs to think a bit more than just throwing crap out there. Instead of using the marks she used on the map, place an "x" or an arrow. Millions of other icons could have been used. We all know she's pro-gun, etc. she doesn't have to mention guns in her statements.

It's a common metaphor, on both sides (though admittedly, the "reload" statement was far over the top).

Yes, I know...you keep saying that "both sides need to tone it down". You also keep harping on Palin for it.

It's a common metaphor, on both sides (though admittedly, the "reload" statement was far over the top).

Yes, I know...you keep saying that "both sides need to tone it down". You also keep harping on Palin for it.

Sorry Tom... NOT harping on Palin. Mentioned her ONLY after her name was brought into the conversation. If you look back through the conversation, I have stated many times they ALL do it and they ALL need to tone it down. How anyone has a problem with that I have no idea.

Almost like making the gun laws tougher... this kid would have MAYBE not made it through the quick background check.

Edited by pBills

I totally agree with that. Why is she receiving such heat for this because she or her camp has a history of releasing statements like this. Remember the reload statement?

But who has more influence the president or a ex vice-presidential candidate?

I thought the reload commet was in reference to putting republicans back in the seats.

But who has more influence the president or a ex vice-presidential candidate?

I thought the reload commet was in reference to putting republicans back in the seats.

"Don't retreat, RELOAD" You didn't understand that quote?

Yes, of course the President is a large sound byte. However, we all know she is followed and quoted as much as he is if not more. Ultimately, it's dumb and reckless to release such statements. Doesn't matter if it comes from the right, left, TV/Radio host or an ex-politician.

Yes, of course the President is a large sound byte. However, we all know she is followed and quoted as much as he is if not more. Ultimately, it's dumb and reckless to release such statements. Doesn't matter if it comes from the right, left, TV/Radio host or an ex-politician.

Are your really at the point now where you're making the argument that "Don't retreat, reload" is more dumb and reckless than "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun" because Sarah Palin is followed and quoted more than the president of the United States? You're arguing that Sarah Palin is more influential than Barack Obama and would be more inclined to make someone take a semi-automatic weapon to a political meeting and kill a nine-year-old child for no reason whatsoever?

You really need to put down the shovel.

Are your really at the point now where you're making the argument that "Don't retreat, reload" is more dumb and reckless than "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun" because Sarah Palin is followed and quoted more than the president of the United States? You're arguing that Sarah Palin is more influential than Barack Obama and would be more inclined to make someone take a semi-automatic weapon to a political meeting and kill a nine-year-old child for no reason whatsoever?

You really need to put down the shovel.

Did I say that? Ummm, no. I stated above that both are reckless, that statements like that should be toned down. Read again.

I am not arguing anything about Sarah Palin's popularity. I was simply stating that she may receive just as much attention as the President. She is a walking sound byte, always playing up to the media one way or another. You disagree? Do you think it's smart for her or anyone else to put out statements mentioning M16's or politicians being "targets" in those same statements? I know you love her and that is fine... just understand that AGAIN I have said ALL statements need to be toned down.

If you don't agree, that's fine. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want things to be toned down though.

:lol: Well one thing I agree on in the debate on this is the mental heath care system as failed.

:lol: Well one thing I agree on in the debate on this is the mental heath care system as failed.

The "system" did not fail because he was never in the system.

You cannot go around locking people up who start talking gibberish. You cannot uber perfect the society or the world.

Ok, first off it's not just the "liberal" media reporting it and granted no one knows if this guy ever followed her or anyone else. However, to place your opponents into crosshairs? Followed up by statements like "Get on target for victory in November help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office shoot an fully automatic M16 with Jesse Kelly".

Sorry, knowing that there are MANY unstable people out there that follow politics, TV/Radio hosts to T... it's not very smart to say such things. You don't find that kind of rhetoric ridiculous?

And to make things perfectly clear... I wouldn't condone that for ANY politician or person of celebrity status.

So every time someone who has any type of audience speaks they have to consider how their words are going to be interpreted by crazy people? Yeah that's a great idea. Is that really what you're saying here?

The "system" did not fail because he was never in the system.

You cannot go around locking people up who start talking gibberish. You cannot uber perfect the society or the world.

So true. Unfortunately it seems like he was never reported. You never know, makes you wonder if he was reported as having some sort of mental illness he wouldn't have been able to buy a gun.

I meant pbills. Palin is followed more than BO? Now thats some serious gibberish.

With media the way it is this day and age... she is followed just as much as he is. There should be no denying that. She is followed in both the political and the entertainment arenas.

If you don't agree, that's fine. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want things to be toned down though.

I'm not going to spend the day with you and your "I said this, and I meant this, but you don't agree with me so let me say it a different way that will someone have it make sense."

It's a simple as this: What I don't agree with is that things need to be toned down because of what happened in Arizona.

You want to tone things down? Great.

You want to use Arizona as reason? That makes as much sense as suggesting that as a result of the Tucson shooting, we should beef up security at Home Depot so we can make sure that there aren't a lot of people walking down the aisle where the tarps are. You know, all it takes is one tarp hanging in one backyard around one skull shrine...

Edited by LABillzFan

I meant pbills. Palin is followed more than BO? Now thats some serious gibberish.

She's followed by more skull worshipping, Mein Kampf reading pyschos than he is, oh wait there is no evidence of that, but we will report it any way!!!!

I'm not going to spend the day with you and your "I said this, and I meant this, but you don't agree with me so let me say it a different way that will someone have it make sense."

It's a simple as this: What I don't agree with is that things need to be toned down because of what happened in Arizona.

You want to tone things down? Great.

You want to use Arizona as reason? That makes as much sense as suggesting that as a result of the Tucson shooting, we should beef up security at Home Depot so we can make sure that there aren't a lot of people walking down the aisle where the tarps are. You know, all it takes is one tarp hanging in one backyard around one skull shrine...

So we disagree. Great.

I wouldn't use Arizona for a reason, I have felt this way for a long time now. Hell, you could see how the rhetoric really amped up the Town Hall meetings and other public events. I think it's sad more than anything else.

She's followed by more skull worshipping, Mein Kampf reading pyschos than he is, oh wait there is no evidence of that, but we will report it any way!!!!

What I am discussing has nothing to do with that D-bag that shot all of those people. It's all about the statements released.

You are clearly not understanding... answer this - do you believe that politicians and others should be a bit more careful when releasing statements?