Healthcare repeal vote delayed

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're such a victim.

So, you deny any of this has been done?

Because I can prove A and B, and C should be coming any minute.

No moron... just be smarter about statements being released.

Why the name calling?

I bet if I look hard enough I can find people asking for everything I just listed.

You're implying that the shooter was a crazy liberal who attempted to kill a liberal Congresswoman?

The guy supposedly is a liberal but there is no way I would try to say that is why he did it. He did it because he is crazy. The people who are trying to make political hay out of it is because it was a somewhat liberal politician that got shot, are partisan hacks and have no class or sense of decency. Still want to make political hay out of it?

So, you deny any of this has been done?

Because I can prove A and B, and C should be coming any minute.

Turn on Fox News for 5 minutes and tell me all about the mainstream media.

The guy supposedly is a liberal but there is no way I would try to say that is why he did it. He did it because he is crazy. The people who are trying to make political hay out of it is because it was a somewhat liberal politician that got shot, are partisan hacks and have no class or sense of decency. Still want to make political hay out of it?

I think Sarah Palin's crosshairs and gun metaphors have a lot to do with why people assume this was politically-motivated.

I think Sarah Palin's crosshairs and gun metaphors have a lot to do with why people assume this was politically-motivated.

It's that kind of nonsense that should be toned down. Not saying she is the only that does it... they all do.

Because Fox is where I will see this:

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/dope.jpg

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/images/bushbeheaded.jpg

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/1ahit.jpg

These are all much worse than a map with crosshairs on it.

Still trying to make political hay out of it, eh? Well, I stick by my prior statement. Anyone trying to make political hay out of this situation has no class or sense of decency.

No matter. It's that kind of crap that should be toned down. Right?

In fairness, Sarah Palin is part of the political establishment where these crazies are not. The argument is that her symbolic gesture was the match to the kindling that resulted in the assasination attempt. I'm a conservative voter, no fan of Sarah Palin for President, but the crosshairs thing is simply overblown. There are somewhere around 300,000,000 people in this country and thus far we have one deranged, incoherent nutjob who pulled a trigger at a political rally with absolutely tragic consequences. So, we're looking at .000000003 of the population, and of course that assumes the politically motivated crosshairs had anything at all to do with this incident. We all know, we reasonable people anyway, that it's like the Black Eyed Peas say..."Crazy is as crazy do". Unless we're looking at banning the internet, movies, music, entertainment television, op eds, network and cable news, video games....crazy people are going to do crazy things--and in fact they'll do them anyways.

Small minded people unable to grasp that concept will somehow pull the crosshairs into the discussion and not support her. Based on all I've said and read, that lady has been the target of as much hate speech as any political figure in recent memory.

Or maybe Obama's "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun" comment has a lot to do with why people assume this was politically motivated. After all, Congresswoman Giffords was a Blue Dog Democrat, and everyone knows that true progressives like Obama simply abhor the Blue Dog coalition. And we all have read now how the head of DailyKos announced that Giffords "is dead to me" because of the way she voted against Pelosi. Not to mention, all that silly "fiscal responsibility" garbage is mind-numbing when social justice is the goal.

(Gee, this "make crap up to make it sound like your thinking is justified" thing is easier than I thought.)

Or maybe Obama's "If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun" comment has a lot to do with why people assume this was politically motivated. After all, Congresswoman Giffords was a Blue Dog Democrat, and everyone knows that true progressives like Obama simply abhor the Blue Dog coalition. And we all have read now how the head of DailyKos announced that Giffords "is dead to me" because of the way she voted against Pelosi. Not to mention, all that silly "fiscal responsibility" garbage is mind-numbing when social justice is the goal.

(Gee, this "make crap up to make it sound like your thinking is justified" thing is easier than I thought.)

Again. ALL sides need to tone it back. I do love how Republicans get so defensive over this.

Again. ALL sides need to tone it back. I do love how Republicans get so defensive over this.

Instead of reporting facts the liberl media pulls an obscure image and starts blaming Palin, without any evidence that the shooter ever visited her site.

This guy has a three year history of contact with Giffords, but some political image from 10 months ago pushed him over the edge?

Instead of reporting facts the liberl media pulls an obscure image and starts blaming Palin, without any evidence that the shooter ever visited her site.

This guy has a three year history of contact with Giffords, but some political image from 10 months ago pushed him over the edge?

Ok, first off it's not just the "liberal" media reporting it and granted no one knows if this guy ever followed her or anyone else. However, to place your opponents into crosshairs? Followed up by statements like "Get on target for victory in November help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office shoot an fully automatic M16 with Jesse Kelly".

Sorry, knowing that there are MANY unstable people out there that follow politics, TV/Radio hosts to T... it's not very smart to say such things. You don't find that kind of rhetoric ridiculous?

And to make things perfectly clear... I wouldn't condone that for ANY politician or person of celebrity status.

Ok, first off it's not just the "liberal" media reporting it and granted no one knows if this guy ever followed her or anyone else. However, to place your opponents into crosshairs? Followed up by statements like "Get on target for victory in November help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office shoot an fully automatic M16 with Jesse Kelly".

Sorry, knowing that there are MANY unstable people out there that follow politics, TV/Radio hosts to T... it's not very smart to say such things. You don't find that kind of rhetoric ridiculous?

And to make things perfectly clear... I wouldn't condone that for ANY politician or person of celebrity status.

You are misrepesenting the image. It was a map, no people were were shown.

http://giveusliberty1776.blogspot.com/2011/01/palin-crosshairs-nothing-to-do-with.html

Edited by Gary M