Snow today here in Dallas

I hope some is left for NC! It's fun when they shut the state down for 1/8" snow.

My bro and his family just moved to NC two weeks ago. He'll be used to this. They do the same here in OR. :rolleyes:

Why does the south get snow before we do? Doesn't make sense. :unsure:

My bro and his family just moved to NC two weeks ago. He'll be used to this. They do the same here in OR. :rolleyes:

Why does the south get snow before we do? Doesn't make sense. :unsure:

It's because of the moisture that comes out of the Gulf of Mexico that collides with south bound artic air.

I hope some is left for NC! It's fun when they shut the state down for 1/8" snow.

Already announced that school is a late start tomorrow. We got 4-5 inches at my house, a bit more where my wife teaches, but to be fair, the state & locals just don't have the equipment to get everything sanded/salted.

News stations are showing the worst of the situation this morning. It's no wonder people freak out. I'll be off to work in a bit and anticipate no issues whatsoever. To be fair the north side of the metroplex (DFW metro) where Beerball and Redneck live received far more snow. At my house - about 20 minutes south of Beerball - we had barely enough to cover the grass.