Think I am gonna head to south Philly today....

The Poojer

to take in some of the excitement and festivities....lord knows it may be a while before I get to do it for the Bills :wallbash: , probably hit chickie and pete's then maybe walk through the lots and then finally see if we can get a couple drinks and watch the game at a bar right by the stadium...

Man, I'm so jealous...I was there for the Rodney Peete/Ty Detmer/Bobby Hoying days, so I never got to experience Philly when the Eagles were in the playoffs. That's got to be a GREAT scene!

Chickie and Pete's RULES...I only had the chance to go there once (I worked full time and went to school full time, even in the summers, so didn'thave a lot of free time), but Angelo Cataldi and some of the WIP guys would frequent there...good times!

I see these bandwagon Falcons fans down here and it just makes me want to vomit...such a contrast to Philly...makes me miss it terribly :(

PS: for those of you who aren't familiar with it, Chickie and Pete's is pretty much the best sports bar on earth

Edited by ajzepp

i was decked out in my bills gear and it illicited some sympathy beers...so all was good....cold as hell...got to the stadium, walked around the lot for a while, went to mcfaddens at citizens bank park, but it was too damn crowded, so went over to chickie and petes had a few drinks(and some crab fries)...left there went back to the tailgate area, couldn't find a free way into the game so headed into center city, hit up mcgillins for a couple drafts and watched the game for a while there....got to the r-5 train and got back home in time to watch the rest of the 4th....not rooting for or against the eagles, but wouldn't mind having playoff fever in the town where i live....it was a ton of fun for the stanley cup last year.

anytime anyone wants to tailgate at the stadium complex let me know....great area....

i was decked out in my bills gear and it illicited some sympathy beers...so all was good....cold as hell...got to the stadium, walked around the lot for a while, went to mcfaddens at citizens bank park, but it was too damn crowded, so went over to chickie and petes had a few drinks(and some crab fries)...left there went back to the tailgate area, couldn't find a free way into the game so headed into center city, hit up mcgillins for a couple drafts and watched the game for a while there....got to the r-5 train and got back home in time to watch the rest of the 4th....not rooting for or against the eagles, but wouldn't mind having playoff fever in the town where i live....it was a ton of fun for the stanley cup last year.

anytime anyone wants to tailgate at the stadium complex let me know....great area....

HOly crap, that sounds like a great way to spend a sunday afternoon :thumbsup: I miss SEPTA lol

I see these bandwagon Falcons fans down here and it just makes me want to vomit...such a contrast to Philly...makes me miss it terribly :(

Don't kid yourself. These mullets were all hiding out at home when Hoying/Peete/Detmer regime was in town, and even now they all B word about Reid.

These people remember NOTHING about football or suffering through BAD football, apparently.

Don't kid yourself. These mullets were all hiding out at home when Hoying/Peete/Detmer regime was in town, and even now they all B word about Reid.

These people remember NOTHING about football or suffering through BAD football, apparently.

Thing thing about Philly was that I could have a conversation about the local teams no matter where I was. My coworkers, the guy at the fast food window, a neighbor, etc...everyone was like a true community there and they were all together in their "fandom". It's such a huge contrast to down here, which is due in large part to the number of transplants. Philly doesn't have anywhere near the number of "outsiders" as we have here. And that's fine, I just hate it when people pretend that they were fans all along when in reality they're nothing more than front running bandwagon jumpers. That's partly why I wear my bills gear at work, in and on my car, at home, etc. I identify myself as a Bills fan no matter what, because I'm proud of my team. I get people commenting on it all the time at work, because I wear a pretty thick lanyard around my neck in Bills blue with my ID badge on it. If I had a dime for each time someone in the elevator commented on it, I'd be rich...but I love that. :)

I will give give them credit for being true fans of college ball, though....GA dawg fans are some of the most loyal, passionate fans I've ever seen. I've become a huge fan of college football since I moved here, and I have to give them credit for instilling that interest in me.

But also, just like Chickie and Pete's is one of the greatest sports bars on earth, there are also a ton of other great places in Philly that allow that sort of culture to be enjoyed by everyone. In ATL, there are a few nice places, but nowhere near the same experience, IMO. It may be because PA is my home state, I dunno....but I just love Philly...one day I will be back :)

while i am not a fan of the teams here in philly, i just wanted to be part of all the excitement...i had a ball last year during the stanley cup playoffs...it was just fun being in that atmosphere

I'm pissed I didn't head out after the Giants won the Series. Heard all the commotion out on the street but just stayed at home.

while i am not a fan of the teams here in philly, i just wanted to be part of all the excitement...i had a ball last year during the stanley cup playoffs...it was just fun being in that atmosphere

I live just a few blocks from the stadium so we were surrounded by all the hype during the playoff run. It's nice to follow a champion. I was a big Angels fan for over 25 years so I got to be a part of their WS championship run. I just have a feeling that if the Bills get back in the playoffs and win it all I'll be "meh, big deal."

Oh and another thing. Anyone who's wearing a piece of Phillies gear around here probably wasn't as late as 6 years ago.

believe me, I used to go to games at the Vet where the place was 90% empty.

They bandwagon as well as anybody here, maybe better than anywhere other than LA.