Arizona congresswoman among 18 shot at Tucson grocery

I am no fan of hers. But that was a nice well written piece. Only thing I disagree with is that acts as though things have not heated up with politics over the past few years. They have and politicians and their supporting cast need to act with a bit more class and be a bit more thoughtful about the statements they release. Knowing full well that some nut job can take it either out of context or won't be able to process it correctly. Doing that hurts no one and helps everyone. Civil discourse is something EVERYONE should strive for.

Shut up.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic "The path to salvation is from your wallet to my bank account" televangelist tactic, that will net him lots of money from people who wouldn't dream of donating to a televangalist, ironically.

Now Palin's use of the term "blood libel" is stirring "controversy."

And of course....shes being blasted for "not writing that piece."

becuase yuou know...politicos never have other people write their speeches.

Sad that someone is blasting her for not writing the piece.

Keep religion out of it.

HAHAHAHA

Not unprecedented.. but shouldn't go back to the style of politics used back in 1850s, 1930s or early 1800s. And if we know over the past few years it has become a bit out of control, shouldn't they at least attempt to tone it down?

No it hasn't you fool. The age of 24/7 news has it in your face all day. Are you really this naive?

Only compared to the previous few years. The kind of vitrol in current politics is hardly unprecedented, though...off the top of my head, the 1850s, 1930s, the early 1800s (Palin's team's response - because let's face it, she didn't write that - refers to Hamilton-Burr).

I have a book on the election of 1800. Holy crap. Makes this stuff look like child's play.

Rhetorical question?

Of course.

No it hasn't you fool. The age of 24/7 news has it in your face all day. Are you really this naive?

Of course 24/7 media has it your face you troll. That goes without saying. The political game itself has become a bit more nasty.

The other part (blue), as much as we all may want to feel that, is just plain selfish and a personal shortcoming. It is frankly not right and adds to the problem. Fred Phelps would be getting exactly what he wanted out of you.

Nah. You're wrong as usual. Removing that piece of excrement from the planet would only make the world a better place.

When his God Hates Fags people are out protesting that 9 year old's funeral, I'd like someone to grab him (and as many of his followers as want to join in) and drive him out of earshot of the funeral, and conserve his (their) oxygen.

Of course 24/7 media has it your face you troll. That goes without saying. The political game itself has become a bit more nasty.

No it hasn't. You're just aware of it now because you're a lazy bastard. What are you basing your assumption that it's gotten worse?

I base my assumption that it's always been this way on things like this:

The supporters of Andrew Jackson began spreading a rumor that Adams, while serving as American ambassador to Russia, had procured an American girl for the sexual services of the Russian czar. The attack was no doubt baseless, but the Jacksonians delighted in it, even calling Adams a “pimp” and claiming that procuring women explained his great success as a diplomat

No it hasn't. You're just aware of it now because you're a lazy bastard. What are you basing your assumption that it's gotten worse?

I base my assumption that it's always been this way on things like this:

Don't be a dick. Believe me I am not just now becoming aware of it. I have worked with MANY campaigns on pretty much every level for the past 10 years.

And really you are referencing Andrew Jackson? Come on.

Edited by pBills

Don't be a dick. Believe me I am not just now becoming aware of it. I have worked with MANY campaigns on pretty much every level for the past 10 years.

And really you are referencing Andrew Jackson? Come on.

I point out one of many examples of political vitriol from nearly 200 years ago that makes today's stuff look minor and I'm a dick? :lol:

Oh and the irony of someone telling people to tone it down calling someone a dick. :doh:

Edited by Chef Jim