Arizona congresswoman among 18 shot at Tucson grocery

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else think the left's (media, blogs, message boards) initial and continuing attempt to score cheap political points over the dead body of a little girl (and everyone else killed or injured) is a very sick and twisted thing to do? It's amazing to me that it's still happening in this thread.

How many right wing tea party members have an occult alter in their back yard?

http://www.upi.com/T...64141294681299/

But they just can't stop themselves, can they. Before anyone knew who this guy was, they were blaming the tea party, talk radio, Sarah Palin. This crazy guy had a problem towards this congresswoman since 2007, AKA before Sarah Palin was ever picked by McCain from virtual obscurity.

:lol:

Correlation != Causation, so you're misapplying Occum's machete...a better application might be: the guy is insane, which is why he shot a bunch of people.

In your quest for the truth here, you have dismissed the whole 'Crosshairs' campaign out-of-hand, even though there's a more obvious and direct correlation. Then you turn around and go right to the 'Reefer Madness' hypothesis, which conveniently happens to meet with your pre-existing view. We all know potheads are always running around killing people after all - damned hippies! :rolleyes:

Didn't the other pot head in Italy run over a bunch of spandex dudes? I know, I know:

Pot is a non-violent drug

/thedeanandotherstoners mode

Anyway, the pot clearly made him loony as he seemingly had radical left and radical right ideas. How is that even possible if the brain is functioning properly?

Did I use the term hate radio? Keep up the vitriol, it's only helping.

No, you just ignorantly inferred that the vitriol only comes from the right while refusing to acknowledge the likelihood (now the very strong likelihood based on what we know about the killer) that political vitriol played no role at all in this shooting.

Keep ignoring the facts in favor of being politically argumentative, it's only helping.

no. their biggest will be inviting the teabaggers to the party. for all the fighting back about the democrats rhetoric also being vitriolic, it pales in comparison to an ex vice presidential candidate and kaufman/west. these are main stream republicans.

this would be analogous to the dems embracing the black panthers and endorsing their candidates for high office. the scope and scale of militant extremism in the mainstreams of the parties are not remotely comparable.

They would never endorse them. Now letting them get away with voter intimidation is another thing.

They would never endorse them. Now letting them get away with voter intimidation is another thing.

i didn't like that, either. they should have nailed the thugs on that. but what of tea party intimidation at town hall meetings on health care? screaming down any and all that disagreed with them. the antithesis of civility. there are plenty of examples of intimidation available and they're all lamentable.

No, you just ignorantly inferred that the vitriol only comes from the right while refusing to acknowledge the likelihood (now the very strong likelihood based on what we know about the killer) that political vitriol played no role at all in this shooting.

Keep ignoring the facts in favor of being politically argumentative, it's only helping.

I inferred that I hadn't seen any political posters from liberal candidates with crosshairs over their opponents. And I haven't. And if I do, I'll gladly call that candidate a dickweed. Someone else pointed out a google search where a few liberal nuts (generally not political candidates or those who have held office) have said some inflammatory things, and I then posted that those folks are also douchebags.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on the likelihood of political vitriol playing a role in the shooting. Or maybe you won't agree to anything, I wouldn't be surprised. I think highly unbalanced people such as this are very likely to be swayed by the kind of propaganda and jargon put forth by Palin. I guess your feeling is that crazy people only listen to the voices in their head. I guess that could be true, I'm not crazy so I don't know.

So far I've seen facts pointing out that the guy was nuts, not that his actions (crazy as they are) weren't influenced by folks such as Palin.

Stay classy.

I inferred that I hadn't seen any political posters from liberal candidates with crosshairs over their opponents. And I haven't. And if I do, I'll gladly call that candidate a dickweed. Someone else pointed out a google search where a few liberal nuts (generally not political candidates or those who have held office) have said some inflammatory things, and I then posted that those folks are also douchebags.

We're going to have to agree to disagree on the likelihood of political vitriol playing a role in the shooting. Or maybe you won't agree to anything, I wouldn't be surprised. I think highly unbalanced people such as this are very likely to be swayed by the kind of propaganda and jargon put forth by Palin. I guess your feeling is that crazy people only listen to the voices in their head. I guess that could be true, I'm not crazy so I don't know.

So far I've seen facts pointing out that the guy was nuts, not that his actions (crazy as they are) weren't influenced by folks such as Palin.

Stay classy.

Don't retreat.. Reload!! Sorry I had to post that. :thumbsup:

Stay classy.

You also don't know if his actions weren't influenced by Dora the Explorer. So I say, time to burn that backpack and cancel the show.

Stay classy.

What part of this crazy kid having a major beef with the congresswoman after a encounter between the two three years ago BEFORE HE OR ANYONE KNEW WHO OR WHAT A SARAH PALIN WAS did you not get?

Seriously, stop trying to make political hay over the dead body of a little girl. It's sickening.

what, crosshairs on congressional districts (which she is now saying were not meant to depict rifle sights) and "reload" aren't enough for you? they're more than enough for me and they bothered gifford (and her father who when asked if she had any enemies said "the entire tea party) too.

The sooner you read this article, and follow the links, the sooner you'll stop embarrassing yourself on this topic.

These are links directly to the DNC and DCCC websites, complete with maps, targets, and links that include the names and faces of GOP "targets" in congressional districts.

What? They aren't enough for you? They're more than enough for me to know you're a dolt of Krugman proportions, and should either think before you post, or STFU before you are further embarrased here.

The sooner you read this article, and follow the links, the sooner you'll stop embarrassing yourself on this topic.

These are links directly to the DNC and DCCC websites, complete with maps, targets, and links that include the names and faces of GOP "targets" in congressional districts.

What? They aren't enough for you? They're more than enough for me to know you're a dolt of Krugman proportions, and should either think before you post, or STFU before you are further embarrased here.

Now wait a minute. You have to admit that the cross hairs are a lot more menacing because a gun can kill you a lot worse and a lot more times than a bow and arrow. Plus, the bow & arrow leave a far smlaler carbon footprint. It's an eco friendly target.

What part of this crazy kid having a major beef with the congresswoman after a encounter between the two three years ago BEFORE HE OR ANYONE KNEW WHO OR WHAT A SARAH PALIN WAS did you not get?

Seriously, stop trying to make political hay over the dead body of a little girl. It's sickening.

Political hay is for horses. You're right, I'm definitely trying to take advantage of this little girl's death by posting on a Buffalo Bills football centered forum.

Now wait a minute. You have to admit that the cross hairs are a lot more menacing because a gun can kill you a lot worse and a lot more times than a bow and arrow. Plus, the bow & arrow leave a far smlaler carbon footprint. It's an eco friendly target.

Yeah, I see your point. Plus, for all we know, the DNC may have just been showing people were the local Target stores are in their neighborhood.

They look a lot like RAF roundels. Maybe Van Hollen's trying to argue that Bomber Command should fire-bomb them...

maybe the distinction between crosshairs and target shooting targets is a bit subtle for you. unfortunately, your rhetoric is a bit less than subtle, too. in fact, some might describe it as vitriol. i would be embarrassed if i had to curse to make a point. you seem very angry. as caveman said: "stay classy".

Edited by birdog1960