Arizona congresswoman among 18 shot at Tucson grocery

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oy vey

Arizona Sherrif blames the right, the state is a "mecca for racism and bigotry." What a great guy this is, he really knows how to stand up and be a tough guy.

For those that forgot, he is the same guy who refuses to support the "racist" Arizona law of arresting illegals.

he's absolutely correct about the fact that limpbaugh, hannity, o'reilly et al's actions do have consequences and most often they are not good. whetner they are tied in with this act, i have no idea but i expect the sheriff knows a bit more about the case than you or me.

all violence against office holders is by definition political. they are victims of violence as a consequence of there public service. they would not be targeted if they weren't in politics.

did you think the murdered abortion doctor was randomly chosen for attack just because it was a nut that killed him?

we don't know much yet about this horrible act. but i think everyone can agree that the vitriol spread by the vermin on hate radio doesn't help foster civil discourse in politics or life in general.

Wow...that didnt take long.

You DO realize that the "vitriol on hate radio" (translation: Rush and Beck...we know) PALES in comparison to what was written in political publications since...oh....the 1700s?

Of course you dont.....

And for all the people who think crazy is not political... Think again..

HE GUNNED DOWN A NINE YEAR OLD GIRL....WHERE IS THE !@#$ING POLITICS IN THAT?????????????????????????

Edited by RkFast

Wow...that didnt take long.

You DO realize that the "vitriol on hate radio" (translation: Rush and Beck...we know) PALES in comparison to what was written in political publications since...oh....the 1700s?

Of course you dont.....

HE GUNNED DOWN A NINE YEAR OLD GIRL....WHERE IS THE !@#$ING POLITICS IN THAT?????????????????????????

no it didn't. i think i beat the sheriff to the punch.

the fact that its been done before doesn't make it any less reprehensible. who knows, some heads on pikes on the tower gates in london may have resulted from such publications.

the target was clearly the congresswoman. it's on the national news because it was an assassination attempt. everyone mourns the loss of the girl but that doesn't change the fact that this was a political event.

Edited by birdog1960

One of Tom's suck offs is angry, OMG! Ha ha!

Sounds like a gold bug loon. The right wing has been reaping the harvest of economic ignorance. He's been fed anti-Fed propaganda from the right, no surprise

Angry? No, I am not angry. I have had a lot of contempt for you as a poster for a long time. Essentially, you a partisan hack, not unlike some of the Republicans here who cast everything in partisan terms, yet lack the balls to defend your beliefs. You have never won a point in my memory, as you have been shredded anytime you post one of your pathetic positions.

In this specific case you have pinned this on the right, yet this guy is clearly a loon. He could have keyed on anything anyone said. There is not much difference between a Beck and an Olbermann, yet your pathetic, partisan ass will still try to make this a Right vs Left issue. Your mind is clearly closed and you are incapable of seeing anything through anything other than a flawed prism of the world, where you reject anything that does not fit your simplistic world view.

Or in short, you are a !@#$ing moron.

Edited by Booster4324

no it didn't. i think i beat the sheriff to the punch.

the fact that its been done before doesn't make it any less reprehensible.

No, but it doesnt make you less of a disingenous retard by saying this "new phenomenon" on the radio is the cause, in order forward your own political agenda.

he's absolutely correct about the fact that limpbaugh, hannity, o'reilly et al's actions do have consequences and most often they are not good. whetner they are tied in with this act, i have no idea but i expect the sheriff knows a bit more about the case than you or me

When did any of the above suggest killing someone? Oh thats right Son of Sam killed on his neighbors dogs orders. Got to watch what you say carefully, even dogs.

Amazing. A psycho goes off his rocker, and the noodle nuts blame commentators on Fox.

When did any of the above suggest killing someone? Oh thats right Son of Sam killed on his neighbors dogs orders. Got to watch what you say carefully, even dogs.

Amazing. A psycho goes off his rocker, and the noodle nuts blame commentators on Fox.

Mike Daly in the Ny Daily News is saying Sarah Palin has blood on her hands here...ebcuase in some of her political publications, she used the term "target" and crosshairs and this Congresswoamn was one of the targets. While a pretty lowbrow tactic on the part of Palin, its amazing how some are acting as if this is the first time this type of rhetoric is being used in politics.

And make no mistake...when you hear the words "modern" "new" or the term "current discourse" when the hacks and pundits discuss this in the coming days...thats code for "Tea Party."

Mark David Chapman and John Hinckley Jr. come to mind as well. According to reliable sources on the left, Rush Limbaugh gave them specific orders in coded over-the-air messages for weeks before each operative was cleared to complete their mission.

It's outrageous for that sheriff to mention racism and bigotry as the reason for this tragic shooting.

For the last couple of years both sides, left and right, have been calling each other's views as "crazy". Now, we're all reminded what real "crazy" is. This kid is a real "crazy" person.

Is it too much for the sheriff to take a step back and investigate this before blaming it on racists and bigotry (aka conservative movement)?

I don't think anyone is implying that the guy isn't crazy, only that his actions may have been inspired by some very poorly chosen words by people on the right. (People on the left generally don't publish posters with crosshairs covering the offices of opposing politicians.

That may or may not be the case, but in any case I think it's time to tone down the bull **** rhetoric.

And make no mistake...when you hear the words "modern" "new" or the term "current discourse" when the hacks and pundits discuss this in the coming days...thats code for "Tea Party."

I usually see"angry politics" as code.

Mark David Chapman and John Hinckley Jr. come to mind as well. According to reliable sources on the left, Rush Limbaugh gave them specific orders in coded over-the-air messages for weeks before each operative was cleared to complete their mission.

I thought that was Gordan Liddy? birdog, some help here.

I don't think anyone is implying that the guy isn't crazy, only that his actions may have been inspired by some very poorly chosen words by people on the right. (People on the left generally don't publish posters with crosshairs covering the offices of opposing politicians.

That may or may not be the case, but in any case I think it's time to tone down the bull **** rhetoric.

Or....his actions could have been inspired by poorly chosen words by people on the left. Or, they could have been inspired by his own demented, lost mind and the knowledge that the media would certainly make him 'famous' if he killed a bunch of people including a politician.

Why would a calculated assassin of a politician start firing randomly into the crowd after he had hit his target in the head?

Finally, has it occurred to anyone that Giffords was targeted not because of her party but because she was the shooter's own representative, and she was holding an outdoor event four blocks from the guy's house?

btw, the 9 year old girl was MLB manager Dallas Green's granddaughter.

Edited by KD in CT

No, but it doesnt make you less of a disingenous retard by saying this "new phenomenon" on the radio is the cause, in order forward your own political agenda.

the term "rabble rouser" has been around for a long rime. interestingly, the rabble rarely can identify themselves at the time.

Oy vey

Arizona Sherrif blames the right, the state is a "mecca for racism and bigotry." What a great guy this is, he really knows how to stand up and be a tough guy.

It's outrageous for that sheriff to mention racism and bigotry as the reason for this tragic shooting.

For the last couple of years both sides, left and right, have been calling each other's views as "crazy". Now, we're all reminded what real "crazy" is. This kid is a real "crazy" person.

Is it too much for the sheriff to take a step back and investigate this before blaming it on racists and bigotry (aka conservative movement)?

The suspect has been described in the NYT story (linked upthread) by people who knew him as "very liberal."

This is like saying that the Yitzak Rabin assassin --- who was a radical Jew against giving back settlements --- was inspired by the PLO.

The rancor on both sides probably didn't help anything as it ran through this individual's loose wiring, but to pin his actions to a side of the spectrum that he opposed is specious. Sociopath homicidal madmen don't have a political party.

Edited by UConn James

Yes, if you can find any I'd love to see some examples.

It sounds like this kid should have been locked up in a mental institution. The left feels that locking people up is against peoples' human rights. So I blame the left.

This makes about as much sense as your ridiculous assertions.

Yes, if you can find any I'd love to see some examples.

Or you may start by backing your speculation on "words from the right". A picture with crosshairs can drive someone to murder?