Anyone have a recommendation for a good contractor to finish a basemen

zevo

Spend a few bucks and get an Angies List membership (http://www.angieslist.com). When I was finishing my basement a few years ago, I was looking for local contractors and every time I called one for a quote, they would be late, not come at all, or give outrageous quotes. I bought Angies List, looked for the highest rated ones, and I *never* had a problem from then on. Everyone arrived when they said they would (or called if they were going to be a little late), and the work was all done perfectly. We now keep the membership in case we need emergency home repairs. Worked great when the ignition on our furnace went out a couple of years back, and again when the garage door spring broke. Highly recommended!

Spend a few bucks and get an Angies List membership (http://www.angieslist.com). When I was finishing my basement a few years ago, I was looking for local contractors and every time I called one for a quote, they would be late, not come at all, or give outrageous quotes. I bought Angies List, looked for the highest rated ones, and I *never* had a problem from then on. Everyone arrived when they said they would (or called if they were going to be a little late), and the work was all done perfectly. We now keep the membership in case we need emergency home repairs. Worked great when the ignition on our furnace went out a couple of years back, and again when the garage door spring broke. Highly recommended!

Must not say anything about Minnesota weather here :rolleyes:

Yep I was a member of angies list for a year and did find my hardwood floor guy....It is a nice site and was helpful but im currently not a member.

And by basement finishing...i mean basically turning into a giant family room with a projector setup and such. nothing too fancy but with some nice finishes. Im looking for drywall, wood laminate flooring, upgraded trimwork such as wainscoting (spelling) and crown moulding...I am also goin to try something different and not finsish the ceiling and black it out with a matte black paint.

Yep I was a member of angies list for a year and did find my hardwood floor guy....It is a nice site and was helpful but im currently not a member.

And by basement finishing...i mean basically turning into a giant family room with a projector setup and such. nothing too fancy but with some nice finishes. Im looking for drywall, wood laminate flooring, upgraded trimwork such as wainscoting (spelling) and crown moulding...I am also goin to try something different and not finsish the ceiling and black it out with a matte black paint.

Again do it yourself. Nothing there you can't do yourself, and you will take a great deal of pride in the room. Far more then writing a check. Believe me, once you get started it's not that intimidating.

Again do it yourself. Nothing there you can't do yourself, and you will take a great deal of pride in the room. Far more then writing a check. Believe me, once you get started it's not that intimidating.

i dont have appropriate tools...i have never done anything like this in my life...i dont have the extra time to do such a project...believe me if i thought i could do this...i might attempt it....not worth the trial and error that would occur.

Where are you located? I know of a couple of contractors. One of my neighbors did a ton of basement/man cave/video room work for Bills players. Whitner and Youboty.

I'm a member of Angies list. I got 2 calls from customers 2 years ago. Angies List constantly contacts me to spend $ to get prime listings space

Edited by Hammered a Lot

Where are you located? I know of a couple of contractors. One of my neighbors did a ton of basement/man cave/video room work for Bills players. Whitner and Youboty.

I'm a member of Angies list. I got 2 calls from customers 2 years ago. Angies List constantly contacts me to spend $ to get prime listings space

Hammered...Iam located in East Amherst...